• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fez (XBLA)|OT| If you have no interest in discussing the game, don't enter the thread

Been playing for a few hours, it seems really easy to miss cubes. Say I'm going through a level and there are two or three doors, I have a look through one door and it takes me off through other new levels and I never return to the other doors. Is it just a case of replaying the levels later?

So I have 31 golden cubes and 30 anti-cubes now, thanks to some help from other players. I know of two anti-cubes I have yet to get (both clock towers -- I JUST missed the 6 O'clock one! Fuck!)

The issue is the yellow cube. I have 31 cubes and 7 smaller cubes -- I'M MISSING ONE! And from what I can tell I'm not missing any based off of the map, unless there's a single room somewhere I've yet to explore.

The issue I currently have is that it seems that the giant owl has glitched out. There are currently 4 owls sitting ontop of it, I've found the other owl statue as well. Apparently I should be able to go there, and a new door opens, but nothing has happened.

This is what the statue looks like to me: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26958538/Photo Apr 15, 7 10 36 PM.jpg

If I'm doing something wrong, please tell me :)
There is definitely a small yellow cube in the room after the owl room. Are you sure no door opened when those 4 owls assembeled there? That's what happened to me, I don't know if there's more to it than that.

I can't for the life of me get the anti cubes to appear at the clock tower. Even after fiddling around with the system clock they wont show up. I tried to set it to the same times mentioned in this thread but I get nothing. This is the last set of anti-cubes I need before I have 64 =\.

So I have 31 golden cubes and 30 anti-cubes now, thanks to some help from other players. I know of two anti-cubes I have yet to get (both clock towers -- I JUST missed the 6 O'clock one! Fuck!)

The issue is the yellow cube. I have 31 cubes and 7 smaller cubes -- I'M MISSING ONE! And from what I can tell I'm not missing any based off of the map, unless there's a single room somewhere I've yet to explore.

The issue I currently have is that it seems that the giant owl has glitched out. There are currently 4 owls sitting ontop of it, I've found the other owl statue as well. Apparently I should be able to go there, and a new door opens, but nothing has happened.

This is what the statue looks like to me: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26958538/Photo Apr 15, 7 10 36 PM.jpg

I don't know...

are there two other owl rooms of just the one? I actually got to the other owl area before assembling the parliament by hanging onto the pillar the owl is on (behind it so its back was toward the camera), then changing the view twice so the owl looked front-on and I was behind it. Dropped down and pressed up and it took me to a room with an even larger owl.

But when I had assembled the parliament, the door opened to what I assume is the same place

Vert boil

I ended up having to hunt for 2 golden bits. One was in the globe and the other was in an floating island in the graveyard area. *shrug* probably won't help but you never know.

Owl, there are two doors. To access one you have to position yourself in front of door then rotate the world twice so you are hidden and press up to enter (and presumably the owl isn't looking at you).
Sorry, can't be specific as I don't remember the exact position.

Just beat it my first time through, then
started a New Game+. I certainly wasn't expecting a first-person view unlock. Does this figure into solving any of the tougher puzzles in a direct manner, or does it just make it easier to read the glyphs?

Thoughts so far... it's ok as a puzzle-platformer. The thing is, if you try to just play the game as it comes, and you don't go out of your way to figure some things out, the game does really beat you over the head with "You're missing things! You're missing so many things!" There is so much text written in the glyph font, and from what I understand, there's no auto-translation, it's all you and a legend and some scratch paper every time you see a new blob of it. I'm not looking forward to going through that for a handful of the puzzles.

Been playing for a few hours, it seems really easy to miss cubes. Say I'm going through a level and there are two or three doors, I have a look through one door and it takes me off through other new levels and I never return to the other doors. Is it just a case of replaying the levels later?

Oh yeah, you'll be revisiting areas to grab things you missed.

Does this figure into solving any of the tougher puzzles in a direct manner, or does it just make it easier to read the glyphs?

There are a few puzzles that can't be solved without the first person view. Keep a lookout statues with a small square in the center of them and then go into first person mode.

I haven't been keeping up with the thread, but in in a room with 16 doors (well, a few are missing) on each side of a big block. Before I kill myself trying to figure this out, am I supposed to be able to solve it, or do I need to do something else first?

Rlan

I ended up having to hunt for 2 golden bits. One was in the globe and the other was in an floating island in the graveyard area. *shrug* probably won't help but you never know.

Owl, there are two doors. To access one you have to position yourself in front of door then rotate the world twice so you are hidden and press up to enter (and presumably the owl isn't looking at you).
Sorry, can't be specific as I don't remember the exact position.

Aha! I was missing the backwards Owl room, which had a single golden bit and an anti-cube! Now all I need to get is one more Anti-Cube and I can open that door. Was there a hint for that backwards door at all, or was I to assume it based on weird Owls and the revolving heads?

Zomba13

I haven't been keeping up with the thread, but in in a room with 16 doors (well, a few are missing) on each side of a big block. Before I kill myself trying to figure this out, am I supposed to be able to solve it, or do I need to do something else first?

You need the right treasure maps and to have figured out the order.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Security Question answer was bullcrap. Had that all day and yet it was the backwards ass input method holding me back.

Take 5 years making game. Ship with good ending glitch, infinite cube spawn glitch, hard lock ups, and infinite death cycle scenarios.

Has anyone completed the
heart piece
? the only room I haven't finished is the one with the black cube.. and from what I can tell no one else has either?

Numpt3

Ok so I have just gone through a door way to the clock tower and the game basically turns into a freeze frame, I go back through the door and it's fine. Any one else experience this?

Zomba13

Has anyone completed the
heart piece
? the only room I haven't finished is the one with the black cube.. and from what I can tell no one else has either?

So far either no one has or only the sound guy that worked on Fez (he was 1st for like, so long). I don't think anyone has any idea what to do. The thing might be in the book as the symbol on the ground is similar to the one on the book and the secret shortcuts.

BluWacky

Is this forever exclusive to XBLA or will the exclusivity drop at some time and will this gem be released on Steam?

We don't know, and maybe. Polytron have repeatedly said that it's XBLA only, and there are certain puzzle elements that wouldn't be compatible with a PC release which could be a little tricky (
not everyone has a force feedback controller
).

Zomba13

We don't know, and maybe. Polytron have repeatedly said that it's XBLA only, and there are certain puzzle elements that wouldn't be compatible with a PC release which could be a little tricky (
).

That is a VERY good point. At first I was all 'grrr Fez, Y U NO PC!?' but it does make sense now.

So far either no one has or only the sound guy that worked on Fez (he was 1st for like, so long). I don't think anyone has any idea what to do. The thing might be in the book as the symbol on the ground is similar to the one on the book and the secret shortcuts.

Weird. I wonder how long it's gonna take someone to figure it out. I hope I don't need
3D glasses
to solve it o.o.

Zomba13

Weird. I wonder how long it's gonna take someone to figure it out. I hope I don't need
3D glasses
to solve it o.o.

I tried with them in that room and they didn't help at all. I also tried messing with he brightness to see if anything was hidden but nope. It looks like the book is our only hope but we don't know what to do with it.

).

Didn't even think of that.

).

You could easily retool those puzzles to work without it. That's the smallest hurdle to get the game on other platforms.

Marco1

I can't believe this is the brainchild of 2 guys although it must be dis-heartening to read the tech complaints. It really should have not shipped with these problems which makes me think that it's definately different hardware revisions causing the problems. Goodness knows how many different manufacturers MS uses in their HDD etc.
Loving the music and artstyle.

Vert boil

Past the second ending now.

Not sure where the 33rd Anti cube is. Picked up the red one from the telescope, done the metatron word, four cubes from the clock and only have the black monolith showing a question mark.
The heart stone under the tree pyramid looks like it needs another piece so I'm guessing it's that.
Some ?good news. Whilst digging around for the stack of 3d glasses I found my PSP again.

Past the second ending now.

Not sure where the 33rd Anti cube is. Picked up the red one from the telescope, done the metatron word, four cubes from the clock and only have the black monolith showing a question mark.
The heart stone under the tree pyramid looks like it needs another piece so I'm guessing it's that.
Some ?good news. Whilst digging around for the stack of 3d glasses I found my PSP again.

Does it work?

That black rectangle/monolith thing is the last thing I have left to do, even though it says I've only completed 200% :/ I'm fairly certain the 33rd anti-cube is a glitch... maybe not?

I love the music that plays in the submerged pyramid where the heart cubes are ^_^

red731

).

Thanks for answer.

Spoilers

this Black Monolith thing is giving me the shits. Perhaps the other half of the map is floating around on a wall or floor somewhere? UGH. Surely it has something to do with the 3D? I thought of these even before knowing about the 3D glasses, the engine logo has Red, Blue, Green coming together to form Black in the middle, so I fucked around with the colour levels on my monitor haha. Nothing :(

Jirotrom

except for the 3d mechanic idea, not. People comparing the two games havent played Fez. This game lacks level structure and enemies and replaces them with exploration and puzzles.

thanks, and yes it was a serious question, i just now found out about this game and people are comparing it to sky island, do you feel that you like fez more?

thanks, and yes it was a serious question, i just now found out about this game and people are comparing it to sky island, do you feel that you like fez more?

Oh, sorry, I thought you were being sarcastic :p

They're very different games. Fez is infinitely more enjoyable imo. Give it a try.

Vert boil

Does it work?

That black rectangle/monolith thing is the last thing I have left to do, even though it says I've only completed 200% :/ I'm fairly certain the 33rd anti-cube is a glitch... maybe not?

I love the music that plays in the submerged pyramid where the heart cubes are ^_^

I lost it again. ;) Gods Eater Burst is the only thing I would want to try on it anyways.

I haven't seen anyone post about it yet but I wonder if you select New Game after completing instead of NG+ if it will start you with the earned powers but all of the doors/cubes/bits are returned to their default position.
I doubt it would do that but I'll try copying my save onto a USB stick later and test it out. It would be nice to have the ability to do a superman speedrun.

watership

Loaded up again, still unable to continue my game, kicks me right to the dash. SO DEPRESSED. Is there news about the patch? I saw some comment about the programmer 'going on vacation' a few pages back. Ugh.

Reading everyone's comments is killing me. I-- I might start all over.

Keikoku

Banned
The demo definitely had stuttering problems with me. Waiting for a patch. This is a shame since it was one my most anticipated game for a very long time, but I just don't want to experience it this way.

Top Bottom