• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fez (XBLA)|OT| If you have no interest in discussing the game, don't enter the thread

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Great, now I lost my save. Started to play, selected continue game, and it started me from the beginning. I quit, tried again, and found that the continue game option was no longer available. :-/

Zeppelin

Great, now I lost my save. Started to play, selected continue game, and it started me from the beginning. I quit, tried again, and found that the continue game option was no longer available. :-/

That fucking sucks man. I haven't dared touching my game today because of fear of losing mine. They really need to get this shit in order.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I appreciate the depth of the puzzle solving, but I think any game that makes you take notes in order to decode shit is a bit much. I think its cool that its there, but you don't need to do all that shit to beat it right?

Really? I'm the exact opposite. If a puzzle/adventure game makes me break out the pencil and paper that probably means its going to be one of my favorite games.

Really? I'm the exact opposite. If a puzzle/adventure game makes me break out the pencil and paper that probably means its going to be one of my favorite games.

Agree. I haven't gotten so deeply involved in a game in quite a while. I can forgive all the technical shortcomings because a game (or even anything) rarely makes me think like FEZ does.

yggdrasil

212.5%!

I think Uncertain2013 has been glitching cubes at the belltower; his profile shows 71 cubes. I think I'm the first to get all 68 cubes (32 gold, 33 blue, and 3 red cubes).

Grisby

Damn, was finally gonna start tonight but I think I'm just gonna hold out on a patch. Hope the Poly guys and MS and get it out the door fast.

Satchel

Banned
Really really liked the demo. I think I might grab this.

Felt like a moron when I was stuck literally at the start trying to figure out what the fuck to do next. Didn't realize there was a bit of echochrome to it.

So I am in the room below the water level where you have to stand on a specific part
using FPS mode
and then put in the code. A
big black cube came out
and I have no idea what to do now...

Zomba13

212.5%!

I think Uncertain2013 has been glitching cubes at the belltower; his profile shows 71 cubes. I think I'm the first to get all 68 cubes (32 gold, 33 blue, and 3 red cubes).

You can't just drop that on us without telling us how!

Anyway, looks like two people have gotten the monolith room done, not including the sound guy.

So after playing the demo for 10 minutes this feels like a sandbox version of Crush with Minecraft art. Music is what I liked the most, sounds like Angelo Badalamenti. Gameplay is not for me I guess. At least not on a home console.

Still waiting for BM instructions...

So after playing the demo for 10 minutes this feels like a sandbox version of Crush with Minecraft art. Music is what I liked the most, sounds like Angelo Badalamenti. Gameplay is not for me I guess. At least not on a home console.

It's a platformer... I don't get this line of thinking.

Throw us a line!

i1ba8IZeJuBuV.gif

Zomba13

Has anyone tried anything with their 3D tv and the monolith?

Using red/blue the monolith is just the same.
Is the 3D if you have a 3D TV proper 3D (as in using the TV with proper colour)?.

EDIT: Has anything been done involving the Tetris square thing in the boiler room? You know, the square made up of tetris blocks with a '?' on it?
It has the sign for 3D on it (if the signs of the dot, line, square and 2 squares are dimensions)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I hate to ask but how do I get this cube? I just have two pivots... Ehhhhh.

Edit: Woo, solved it myself now I can continue resting easy I've so far used no help. Haha. ]

Zeppelin

I don't know man. I think it's cool that you have to decode the alphabet and the number system once, but after that it just gets tedious. Once you know the solution it's just a matter of looking up symbols in table.

yggdrasil

I am indeed sworn to secrecy.
But apparently the fastest way to the solution is brute force. Makes me sad, I spent a lot of time playing with the Tome in Excel and hunting for concentric circles in the world.

I am indeed sworn to secrecy.
But apparently the fastest way to the solution is brute force. Makes me sad, I spent a lot of time playing with the Tome in Excel and hunting for concentric circles in the world.

You mean you just tried every possible combination?

No, I had help from on high. I wonder how long it would take to brute force 5,764,801 permutations, though?

Well, that's boring then.. Also I kind of didn't think about how many different possibilities there are.
If brute force is the fastest way, I don't want to know how long this will stay a mystery. :p

yggdrasil

Well, that's boring then.. Also I kind of didn't think about how many different possibilities there are.
If brute force is the fastest way, I don't want to know how long this will stay a mystery. :p

As we've seen from his twitter feed today, I think that was Phil's whole point.

Mr Rivuz

Bought this game yesterday, and i've already spent 5 or 6 hours into it. Only thing that bugs me ar the QR codes, do you absolutely need to read them to find everything?
I've read that you need a device able to read qr codes
to unlock the cryptographer achievement
, but i did that in a different way.
At the beginning of the game there is a painting that gives away the correct combination. It's the first achievement that i've unlocked in Fez

Do you think that means that for every QR code there is an alternate puzzle/solution to obtain the reward?

Okay, so I'm asking for help. I don't want to leave this room because I've golded everything up to it, but I just don't have a clue what I'm supposed to do... I have 31 cubes total, including a handful of anti-cubes. I've been trying to grind it out on my own, but I only have so much patience.

There is a part in the gameboyish monochrome area, behind a locked door. You climb up and you find a single gold cube bit floating above a... thing. It kind of looks like a tuning fork is the best way to describe it. When I am on it, my controller pulses like a heartbeat. When I get off it my controller still pulses some. I have to be well away from it to stop the pulsing. What the hell am I supposed to do here? Should I come back to it with my new game+? Can anyone steer my in the right direction?

louiedog

Bought this game yesterday, and i've already spent 5 or 6 hours into it. Only thing that bugs me ar the QR codes, do you absolutely need to read them to find everything?
I've read that you need a device able to read qr codes
to unlock the cryptographer achievement
, but i did that in a different way.
At the beginning of the game there is a painting that gives away the correct combination. It's the first achievement that i've unlocked in Fez

Do you think that means that for every QR code there is an alternate puzzle/solution to obtain the reward?

It's been stated that a QR code reader is not required to solve any puzzles, it just makes them easier.

Even if you don't have a smart phone or tablet, you could still take a picture on a digital camera or use a computer's webcam to do it. Hell, you could use a film camera and a scanner.

Hixx

Okay, so I'm asking for help. I don't want to leave this room because I've golded everything up to it, but I just don't have a clue what I'm supposed to do... I have 31 cubes total, including a handful of anti-cubes. I've been trying to grind it out on my own, but I only have so much patience.

There is a part in the gameboyish monochrome area, behind a locked door. You climb up and you find a single gold cube bit floating above a... thing. It kind of looks like a tuning fork is the best way to describe it. When I am on it, my controller pulses like a heartbeat. When I get off it my controller still pulses some. I have to be well away from it to stop the pulsing. What the hell am I supposed to do here? Should I come back to it with my new game+? Can anyone steer my in the right direction?

Feel which side of the controller is vibrating, note it down. It's an input code. Left side of controller means left trigger, ride sight right trigger.

Zomba13

Feel the pulse and rotate the directions the pulse tells you.

I don't know how to give a hint without spoiling too much, but you can solve it right now, and it has to do with the vibrations. How does the controler vibrate if you stand there for a while?

EDIT: Well, I was trying to give you a hint, but it seems you've got the answer spelled out for you. :/

Garcia Hotspur

Neo Member
I don't think there are in-game clues for it. Unless there's a crypto sequence in the Tome that Phil didn't tell the other devs about.

So basically you just have to try every button press combination until you find the right one? That's pretty lackluster. Guess I'll just wait for someone to post it.

Zomba13

For real? There have to be some clues, otherwise we can just stop trying.

It has to be to do with the tome though right? Unless it's something from the owls. Didn't they give hints that pointed towards
Metatron
?

Also, I saw earlier somewhere someone mention the cheevo for the tome being
'Haikus not epics' and it being 'An anthology of ZU knowledge' so it must have something to do with it right? Also, there are hiakus around the place like:
The points constellate
Conspire to create shapes
Shapes to tessellate

All of time and space
And the space outside of space
Does it ever end

It has to be to do with the tome though right? Unless it's something from the owls. Didn't they give hints that pointed towards
Metatron
?

Also, I saw earlier somewhere someone mention the cheevo for the tome being
'Haikus not epics' and it being 'An anthology of ZU knowledge' so it must have something to do with it right? Also, there are hiakus around the place like:
The points constellate
conspire to create shapes
shapes to tessellate

all of time and space
and the space outside of space
does it ever end

Yeah I forgot to ask:
Does anyone have transcripts of the owls? They might have a clue.

I know that one of them gives a direct hint for the securtity question:
THE THIRTEEN CIRCLES, THE 64-BIT NAME OF GOD, which hints at metatron.

Just checked: METATRON in binary is 0100110101000101010101000100000101010100010100100100111101001110. So that's the 64-bit name of god.

Zomba13

How do I get the 33rd anti-cube?

It's a glitch. I got it on my way to trying to get them all. My last two were the green and grey clock ones. I think it might have something to do with the achievement one or something. Some say it's the observatory one that isn't supposed to be there and people get it by mashing but I disagree. That one has a solution that is pretty clear.
And yeah, don't try for it. It gives you a higher % but breaks the ending. I hope the patch just makes it so you can't get over 32 Anti-Cubes. So the guy who found the exploit gets brought down and so does everyone who got it by accident.

hank_tree

Ah I see. I've already gotten the second ending so thought I'd give it a try. Not worth it if its just a glitch though I guess. Back to the monolith.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Loving this game, I have a notebook filled with scribbles of trying to figure out the alphabet and numbers, amazing stuff. Some of the environments are just gorgeous, like the
graveyard and super pixilated gameboy-esque
areas. The joy in this game is definitely figuring out stuff for yourself, the joy I felt when I first figured out the
tetris symbols to button presses
was so good. Also starting the new game+ I literally laughed out loud at the
deal with it
moment. Anyone on the fence should definitely give it a go. I haven't had any issues with bugs really, couple of crashes but the positives totally outweigh all that. Good times!

So I have 30 anticubes and I am pretty sure the last two are in the clock room.
I already have 2 of them and I think they have something to do with time. I read somewhere that you have to wait for 2 am est and 5 pm est for two of them? Is this true?

Top Bottom