• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like more of an insult than a compliment lol

vocab

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";213122943]I think KI works so well online because the constant jittery animation canceling already looks like what other games look like in lag to begin with.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. Jabs/shorts quick animation in the game are a bit jarring. I feel like KI just handles a stable connection better than most games. Also has a pretty generous buffer window.

shaowebb

I know what you mean. Jabs/shorts quick animation in the game are a bit jarring. I feel like KI just handles a stable connection better than most games. Also has a pretty generous buffer window.

Yeah what is it...built for 90 fps? Pretty thick buffer window of frames to use there. Smart thinking to pad it so heavily given all the particle emitters and lighting stuff goin on in this game.

AAK

A bunch of CPT events. If you like SFV, this is your weekend.

Also, a Virtual Fighter tournament in New York.

And a Tekken 7: FR tournament, VSL that is multweek. This weekend is the quarter finals.

I forgot to mention in the previous week's thread to you, along with VSL there's another major European event happening this weekend as well: Lionz Den 3.

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.evbuc.com%2Fimages%2F20513221%2F173874524041%2F1%2Foriginal.jpg

It's a Tekken only event and it's probably the most prestigious Tekken event in Europe now since Damage Germany stopped and Ultimate Tournament in France took a break this year.

There'll be an exhibition happening between one of Europe's best against the Korean representative Sodam:

lzd3asimsodam.jpg

Most likely being streamed here:

http://twitch.tv/realmenace_uk

Trailer

A bunch of CPT events. If you like SFV, this is your weekend.

Also, a Virtual Fighter tournament in New York.

And a Tekken 7: FR tournament, VSL that is multweek. This weekend is the quarter finals.

Also that Philippines tournament Justin and Champ will be at is gonna have Marvel, so if that's your thing there might be some good matches to see there.

Tripon

I forgot to mention in the previous week's thread to you, along with VSL there's another major European event happening this weekend as well: Lionz Den 3.

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.evbuc.com%2Fimages%2F20513221%2F173874524041%2F1%2Foriginal.jpg

It's a Tekken only event and it's probably the most prestigious Tekken event in Europe now since Damage Germany stopped and Ultimate Tournament in France took a break this year.

There'll be an exhibition happening between one of Europe's best against the Korean representative Sodam:

lzd3asimsodam.jpg

Most likely being streamed here:

http://twitch.tv/realmenace_uk

Trailer

Also that Philippines tournament Justin and Champ will be at is gonna have Marvel, so if that's your thing there might be some good matches to see there.
Cool, I'll add both.

Daigo is coming to the East Coast

Ricki, Champ and Justin are going to the tournament in the Philippines.

Good to see Daigo is attending US ranking events. If it's Daigo vs only Americans then I think he has a pretty good chance at winning this. Still wouldn't call him a shoe in, but anything worse than top 3 would be disappointing IMO.

Wild Card

Do Dieminion and Nuckeldu have any special affection for Guile? Do they like that character beyond him just fitting their playstyle in 4? Or did they just have that character because it worked in 4 and it's kind of what their known for, some sort of expectation?

mbpm1

Hard to give up a character when you've played him for years

Even if he's slower/less reliable, and has lost some moves.

Tripon

Do Dieminion and Nuckeldu have any special affection for Guile? Do they like that character beyond him just fitting their playstyle in 4? Or did they just have that character because it worked in 4 and it's kind of what their known for, some sort of expectation?

Dieminion said he didn't like Guile in V after he won NLBC last week. That's why he's playing FANG.

Wild Card

Dieminion said he didn't like Guile in V after he won NLBC last week. That's why he's playing FANG.

Oh yeah I know that much, I was more wondering if they had any special affinity toward the character. Like I love Karin no matter what, even though she is pretty damn different from A3. Of course I'm no pro player and they gotta pick what works.

Have I been out of the game that long or who is this exactly?

Yeah I got no clue, like what kind of credentials are those? Also it's crazy how Mago and Tokido aren't sponsored yet. Must really be holding out, or maybe there already sponsored by Red Cross

If so I want Mago to always be in the Wig and Shades

I googled "SFV Psycho" hoping to see if this guy made any top 16's or even 8's at CPT ranking events. But all I got was Bison(Dictator) related stuff. I guess I should have known better.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
WH Psycho use to play in my lobbies all the time. He was one of the most consistent people to be in it. Him and Saty went at it several times. Of course Saty's old ass goes at it with everybody. Good to see him sponsored, he's gotten a whole lot better since the last time I saw him in IV. Don't know how good he is in SFV.

Tripon

He got top 16 in Final Round and does some local things, not just some random 18 year old.

WH Psycho use to play in my lobbies all the time. He was one of the most consistent people to be in it. Him and Saty went at it several times. Of course Saty's old ass goes at it with everybody. Good to see him sponsored, he's gotten a whole lot better since the last time I saw him in IV. Don't know how good he is in SFV.

Hmm, okay. I'm glad this isn't the random signing that it appeared to me at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom