• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CO_Andy

SFXT is a Breath of Fire game because it has both Ryu and Nina in it. Good one.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Executive Directors don't do diddly dick, ESPECIALLY in the case of Suda.
Also Suda doesn't have major influence on shit, this was entirely GungHo. "One of" doesn't mean "sole".
Also he gets people to shadowdirect/shadowwrite over him so it's whatever.

This is not Suda's game.
where's cj_iwakura to lay some smack talk on you faux Suda fans?

i miss real Suda 51 games :(

Dlent

Executive Directors don't do diddly dick, ESPECIALLY in the case of Suda.
Also Suda doesn't have major influence on shit, this was entirely GungHo. "One of" doesn't mean "sole".
Also he gets people to shadowdirect/shadowwrite over him so it's whatever.

This is not Suda's game.

This is off topic, and it seems like you have some kind of bone to pick regarding what Suda was and wasn't a director of, but making broad claims about the importance of particular execute directors with no substantiation is unconvincing. The game didn't get a lot of coverage, but Suda himself said in an article with Siliconera that he and two others were mainly in charge of the game. This might have been specifically in reference to Gigolo mode, but the entire interview Suda talks about what he personally wanted in the game. I don't doubt that he had less control on KID than NMH, but I don't see why you would try to discredit his work on KID.

“The Gigolo Mode was made from a representative system,” Suda reveals. “The specification base was made by Shin (director Hideyuki Shin), me and Kadokawa Games president Yasuda, as we’ve become the main people in charge of the game. Over time, each member would say ‘This is what I think Gigolo Mode should be!’ and draw out their stories.”

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/12/suda51-talks-killer-is-dead-and-how-they-struggled-to-pick-mondo-girls/

Astarte

This is off topic, and it seems like you have some kind of bone to pick regarding what Suda was and wasn't a director of, but making broad claims about the importance of particular execute directors with no substantiation is unconvincing. The game didn't get a lot of coverage, but Suda himself said in an article with Siliconera that he and two others were mainly in charge of the game. This might have been specifically in reference to Gigolo mode, but the entire interview Suda talks about what he personally wanted in the game. I don't doubt that he had less control on KID than NMH, but I don't see why you would try to discredit his work on KID.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/12/suda51-talks-killer-is-dead-and-how-they-struggled-to-pick-mondo-girls/

See, the KiD gigolo comes down to this
Suda has already said that this wasn't his idea
He pretty much lied and later came out and said oh yeah I'm pretty uncomfortable with making a super charged what we ended up with but Kadokawa had money.

I adore Suda (to the point of him being my favorite director) and I would gladly fellate his work, but this isn't Suda's video game. All of Suda's directorial games all have this incredible feeling and don't involve stupid ass BONER or gigolo fuck ups, but it's whatever. If you want to discuss it I'm free to pm or discord.

To talk about actual fighting games, people should really pick up Sacchin in Melty Blood. Her 4 way mixups are pretty hilarious.

Beckx

waiting for Suda 52 tbh

also: who is left at Capcom that people trust to make a Marvel game? I heard Niitsuma wasn't working on it and didn't many of the key guys go to SNK?

shaowebb

I'm kind of wondering how grapplers are gonna affect the meta of MVCI considering its a tag combo system. Someone like Haggar who is built for resets and relaunches on his own coupled with tag combos to double ground portions along with potential unscaled grab supers means damage that is pure crazy. Hoping I can combo into grabs with this. Hoping unscaled supers aint a thing too considering how potentially long you could make a combo in this game. Course I guess they could just check that potential runaway train with decent hit stun scaling so folks fall out if there are too many hits. Either would make this a HIGHLY reset based game though.

Kind of a thing with tag fighters...folks who have trouble getting in are now amazing anchors to cash out for damage. Guys like Zangief, Haggar, Iron Fist, Colossus...they'd all be great on teams at anchor.

I also wonder if you can do 4 player tag matches in this one for tournies like SFx Tekken? It was awesome watching the FGC pair off for team sets.

Dahbomb

We don't even know if the game is over if one character dies or both characters die. I am hoping it's both.

And we don't have to talk about changing the meta... of course the meta will change. It's a new game with new characters and mechanics.

Coda

I'm kind of wondering how grapplers are gonna affect the meta of MVCI considering its a tag combo system. Someone like Haggar who is built for resets and relaunches on his own coupled with tag combos to double ground portions along with potential unscaled grab supers means damage that is pure crazy. Hoping I can combo into grabs with this. Hoping unscaled supers aint a thing too considering how potentially long you could make a combo in this game. Course I guess they could just check that potential runaway train with decent hit stun scaling so folks fall out if there are too many hits. Either would make this a HIGHLY reset based game though.

Kind of a thing with tag fighters...folks who have trouble getting in are now amazing anchors to cash out for damage. Guys like Zangief, Haggar, Iron Fist, Colossus...they'd all be great on teams at anchor.

I also wonder if you can do 4 player tag matches in this one for tournies like SFx Tekken? It was awesome watching the FGC pair off for team sets.

I'm dreaming about my Gene/Haggar team. The hype would be too real with that team.

Skab

Listening to Yipes talk about Marvel on his stream today and he mentioned something interesting.

Since the game is no longer an assist calling game, he expects a lot of cross over with anime fighter players, and generally for bigger interest/competition from over seas.

Even said a bunch of players from Japan (Daigo, Tokido, Mago, Momochi, and one more that I'm forgetting) told him they were planning on playing it. Momochi is actually learning/playing umvc3 on stream right now.

Interesting times ahead for the Marvel scene.

Dahbomb

We know so little about the game's mechanics and controls that any predictions on the "meta" are fruitless. We don't know movement options, we don't know how high you can jump, how many air actions we have, if advance guarding is in, if variable counter is in etc.

Well of course there is going to be more interest from overseas. Marvel 3 was a massive jump from Marvel 2 in terms of international presence and Marvel I will be another big jump. Marvel is bigger and with CPT support the Japanese, Eurpoeans, Latin Americans, Koreans etc. will come for that paper.

shaowebb

We don't even know if the game is over if one character dies or both characters die. I am hoping it's both.

Hoping for both as well. For the comebacks.

Agree. I also want it to be one where you have to take out BOTH characters. Especially considering we got tag, launchers, DHC, and gems to extend and maximize damage output. I just dont see it being as good if it was a one and done considering how much longer combos are looking to become in this game than in SFxTekken.

Man Haggar would be mad fun in this with his damage and hoodlum launcher relaunches. He already got extra launches per combo, but throw in the tag and gem stuff? I know I could make that anchor my bro. Be neat to see a new face for the grappler though. We've seen Gief, Colossus, and Haggar. Not sure who the next guy could be. Luke Cage? Jessica Jones? Hugo? Hulkbuster Ironman?

Either way I hope 4 player tag matches return. It'd be great to see a tag team belt added to CEO.

Numb

for those interested, a quick roundup of salt for ccup on espn
200.gif

stay mad

waiting for Suda 52 tbh

also: who is left at Capcom that people trust to make a Marvel game? I heard Niitsuma wasn't working on it and didn't many of the key guys go to SNK?

During the PSX interview they said they have developers on the team who worked on Children of the Atom and Marvel Super Heroes.

What I wanna know is how the hell are cross up/teleport mix up characrers going get shit done without assists? Any low level joe could tell you that raw teleports are bad & super punishable so wtf? Ever haracter would need some kind of built in assist like move similar to Strider's animals.

Dahbomb

What I wanna know is how the hell are cross up/teleport mix up characrers going get shit done without assists? Any low level joe could tell you that raw teleports are bad & super punishable so wtf? Ever haracter would need some kind of built in assist like move similar to Strider's animals.
Maybe use teleports at the correct time rather than throwing it out whenever an assist is on cooldown?

That was definitely one of the not good things about Marvel 3. The teleport characters kinda just forced their will on you with beam assist + teleport especially Vergil.

pizzacat

Banned
We dont know all the gems yet. Theres prolly an answer to assists there

Maybe use teleports at the correct time rather than throwing it out whenever an assist is on cooldown?

That was definitely one of the not good things about Marvel 3. The teleport characters kinda just forced their will on you with beam assist + teleport especially Vergil.

Do you lack reading comprehension? You completely missed the point of my post.

Shouta

But there are no assists....

Were there any teleport characters that couldn't solo mix-up with their teleports?

Dante could use Havoc Missiles or Drive, or any number of moves into Devil Trigger cancel.

Vergil could teleport for Round Trip mixups.

Dormammu had Dark Matter mixups.

Dr. Strange had Flames of the Faltine setups.

Strider had his Options.

Wesker was more about using his teleport to close distance or continue pressure, and he self-covered it with gunshots.

Phoenix could mixup off of her TK Shot.

Deadpool could cancel his guns into teleport into low or overhead.

Dahbomb

Do you lack reading comprehension? You completely missed the point of my post.
No I read it exactly right and responded to it appropriately. Having assists made teleport characters better than they should've been especially when those teleports doubled as a mix up tool.

With no assists teleport characters would be more honest. You don't have the auto mix up or auto get in anymore. Without assists you would have to use teleports at the right time like catch someone throwing out something or set it up with one of your other moves.

But there are no assists....
Yes which makes teleport characters more honest as I stated in my post. Meaning teleports would have to be used more cautiously in the new game RATHER than just waiting for assist cooldowns, which you obviously don't have anymore.

Of course the infinity stones might change things up. The Time stone already makes you teleport dash through attacks so who knows what's going to be possible with the other stuff.

vulva

Man, I forgot how much I loved Ryu's solar plexus animation in V. I love animations that make you actually feel the impact of the attack. I think that one might be one of the best in recent memory tbh.

Skab

From the other thread

The game is being directed by Norio Hirose, whose credits include Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom, Project Justice, Capcom vs. SNK, and Devil May Cry 4. We’re in good hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom