• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

tumblr_ocwmbm7V3o1v69hruo1_400.gif

tumblr_ocwmbm7V3o1v69hruo4_400.gif

tumblr_ocwmbm7V3o1v69hruo5_400.gif

tumblr_ocwmbm7V3o1v69hruo2_400.gif

tumblr_ocwmbm7V3o1v69hruo6_400.gif

tumblr_ocwmbm7V3o1v69hruo3_400.gif

evoMindBlown

notworksafe

LOL everyone on Marvel Live is saying that everyone should move on to the PS4 version of Marvel 3 ASAP!

and they are correct, it's a fantastic version. plays beautifully and has good QoL improvements. locally, we're moving it to for weeklies starting friday and assuming no real issues are found it'll be the default going forward for bigger events.

notworksafe

instant loads, 1080p, no slowdown on kills, and being able to use every stage heh. i would have liked to get a "push to assign" button assign at character select but eh, i'm glad we got what we got.

cj_iwakura

Yeah, uh, I have no idea how Suda came up here... but oh well.

This is off topic, and it seems like you have some kind of bone to pick regarding what Suda was and wasn't a director of, but making broad claims about the importance of particular execute directors with no substantiation is unconvincing. The game didn't get a lot of coverage, but Suda himself said in an article with Siliconera that he and two others were mainly in charge of the game. This might have been specifically in reference to Gigolo mode, but the entire interview Suda talks about what he personally wanted in the game. I don't doubt that he had less control on KID than NMH, but I don't see why you would try to discredit his work on KID.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/12/suda51-talks-killer-is-dead-and-how-they-struggled-to-pick-mondo-girls/

Like was said, he really did not want the Gigolo crap in. Thanks Kadokawa.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1056205

There was a strong request from our publisher, Kadokawa Games, to include sexy female characters, so although we originally only had Vivienne and Mika, we started to add even more to the game. We added a "gigolo mission" in order to boost sales. As for the female character designs, Kadokawa's demands became very overwhelming, to the point that there wasn't room for my own ideas.

We had just finished an earlier project, Lollipop Chainsaw, and I really didn't want there to be this image of "Grasshopper = erotic". Lollipop's backstory wasn't supposed to be erotic at all, but it turned out that way because we added the shell bikini costume(among others)later in development.

However, that was done because the publisher, Kadokawa Games, had a solid idea of what sells, and that became a good learning experience. The development was hard, but in the end, we had fun making this game.
If you want to know what a proper Suda51 game is like, play The Silver Case. He's a fantastic writer, but they stopped letting him write a long time ago.

That said, I enjoyed KID a lot and LID(heh) is fun too. They're just Suda lite, and they could be so much more.

Dahbomb

What are the qol changes?
All DLC available so no need to download Shuma/Jill for every game.

Instant load times in menus.

Way less hit stop, slowdowns in stages and during happy birthday situations. So a lot more stages are now viable to be played on and you don't randomly drop combos because the game started chugging.

Also 1080P makes the game look nicer.

Dahbomb

Seyavesh, Yipes just confirmed your rumor that they actually had a working balance patch of Marvel 3 but they couldn't go forward with it because of the license stopping.

Seyavesh

Seyavesh, Yipes just confirmed your rumor that they actually had a working balance patch of Marvel 3 but they couldn't go forward with it because of the license stopping.

good to know my sources aren't full of shit considering they were right about everything else lol

shame it didn't get put into the re-release. the changes sounded pretty tight, and the vita features would've been great to have

Coda

At this point Infinite has my full attention, the more and more we find out the more the thirst will be real for me.

instant loads, 1080p, no slowdown on kills, and being able to use every stage heh. i would have liked to get a "push to assign" button assign at character select but eh, i'm glad we got what we got.
It loads so fast and it feels weird not to feel it slowing down on certain stages(maybe I just thought that). Also great that it's on a current gen console.
Surprised they don't put 3rd strike or mvc2 or sf2hd on the ps4 as well. It's turning into the fighting game console.

notworksafe

Cannot wait! It runs during weeklies so it's gonna be all Tekken and Marvel and please dear fucking god lets get a goddamn release date....and a Chang announced!

Line_HTX

It loads so fast and it feels weird not to feel it slowing down on certain stages(maybe I just thought that). Also great that it's on a current gen console.
Surprised they don't put 3rd strike or mvc2 or sf2hd on the ps4 as well. It's turning into the fighting game console.

Ehh, keep those on the PS3 or 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom