• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/17-23| It was a little beta this time.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I don't know why people are assuming which characters are going to be in. For all we know neither Karen or Mika will be in at all. I have the utmost confidence that the original SF2 cast will be in though. Turbo is another debate for another time.

You can have it by making it smaller. There are things like lower quality settings. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

How does one figure this mythical setting out?!

What of sim comes back and he's Omega sim

Teleport yoga flames for days.

Numb

Probably for the best you did. Everything I've read about that has been a crowdfunding disaster.

Dang. Was excited for it. That shark dude looked hype and we don't get many sharks. Stanley in Skullgirls i wanted to see too.
beast_s_fury_don_vs_screen_art_by_beastsfury-d6hx6kg.png
Dude is called Don and he is smoking too with that get-up. Sick

Dang. Was excited for it. That shark dude looked hype and we don't get many sharks. Stanley in Skullgirls i wanted to see too.

Dude is called Don and he is smoking too with that get-up. Sick
I would play this guy, but smoking is gross.

Isn't Nash kind of like that? You either get a combo extension or a mix up.
I mean going into a mode more like Yun in Ultra. Give it to everyone to make people happy about combos.

Bizazedo

Yeah, but the creative aspect is getting tapped out fast. I think we already know Bison max damage (499).

Yeah, that's as high as I could go. Sometimes it said 500, dunno why, but basically 499.

God, I hate bound combos in VF. :(. I miss the old days.

Yeah, that's as high as I could go. Sometimes it said 500, dunno why, but basically 499.

God, I hate bound combos in VF. :(. I miss the old days.
j.HK, HK, c.MP, Knee Press L, VEX Psycho Blast, VEX Psycho Inferno, VEX Head Stomp?

The inferno ticks inconsistently. Might be that. I never hit 500, personally.

Isn't 499 damage 50% of the health bar?
About 60% on Chun.

Don't smoke either but adds to the badassness of bad guys.
Hmm. It doesn't affect me in that way.

Kumubou

If we get neither R.Mika nor Karin, where the hell will the female reps be?

Chun, Cammy, ProbablyJuri, and Laura is 25% of a cast. Kind of weak.
Isn't that pretty common for the male/female ratio in a SF game? Or are you really looking to turn SF into some waifu fighter?

As for giving everyone some kind of combo mode... do you really want Capcom doing that again? Were there no lessons learned after the debacles that are CCs in every game Capcom has put them in?

Rhapsody

Banned
Played some +R today. I really miss this game (or AC in general)

Isn't that pretty common for the male/female ratio in a SF game? Or are you really looking to turn SF into some waifu fighter?

As for giving everyone some kind of combo mode... do you really want Capcom doing that again? Were there no lessons learned after the debacles that are CCs in every game Capcom has put them in?

Yeah... I don't trust Capcom with custom combos lol

I mean going into a mode more like Yun in Ultra. Give it to everyone to make people happy about combos.
Yeah but that goes against their "core design" which is that V triggers are supposed to be unique to each character in terms of function. I am sure that will change with time.

Damage scaling and putting CCs on a timer solves all.

No idea why 6/16 female = waifu fighter for you.

Yeah but that goes against their "core design" which is that V triggers are supposed to be unique to each character in terms of function. I am sure that will change with time.
Keep V-Triggers, but add this as a second use of the gauge. Idk. I am not a big fan of V-Triggers right now. Most of them are pretty lame. Killer Instinct did it better.

Zissou

Yeah, but the creative aspect is getting tapped out fast. I think we already know Bison max damage (499).

SF has never been some bastion of combo creativity. Either way, max damage gets figured out sooner or later and all combos become boring eventually.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Custom combos are like, something I should theoretically really, really like but I'm not sure they're a good idea as a universal mechanic. For certain character, sure.

Tripon

For SFV, it doesn't sound like there won't be any Universal mechanic that will be implemented the same way outside of V-reversals.

I admit, I'm a guy that doesn't see a need for long combos, so I really like how SFV is shaping up. I already figured out how to combo into Ryu's super for 450 damage but will likely never use it because I rather use my meter for EX moves.

EX Shoryu might be a little too OP.

Skilletor

Excel combos in ex2 were just fine so I don't see why that shit wouldn't work in sf5.

The only thing I want from EX games in mainline SF are some of the characters.

Custom Combos are a bullshit mechanic. Keep them out of everything. Kthnx.

Never saw the appeal of school girl Ryu (Sakura). At least Karin seems to have a slightly more interesting personality than 90 percent of the SF female cast.

Never saw the appeal of school girl Ryu (Sakura). At least Karin seems to have a slightly more interesting personality than 90 percent of the SF female cast.
Really? I think the SF ladies are generally pretty cool and interesting. Sakura is definitely the low point, though.

Most likely. Hope they make enough to do whatever they please.
skullgirls_stanley_thumb.jpg

Wow him and that other shark couldn't feel more different.
Lab Zero likes curve balls and subversion. Most characters in the game look like they fit an established trope/archetype, but a closer look reveals distinct differences and complete 180 degree flips in personality and behavior that really sets them apart. A meek shark scientist is a good example.
Aeon from the Indiegogo thing seemed so fucking cool. Well maybe in 2020
Maybe, but she was supposed to be the boss of all bosses. She, Venus and their mother are the closest things to God in the SG universe. I figured they were being saved for way later.
Karin isn't coming back without Sakura so unless she's back too Karin is dead in the water.
Charlie is finally in a numbered Street Fighter and Guile is nowhere to be seen. If that can happen I don't see any reason why Karin can't do the same. Before you say anything else remember how epic a bro moment it would be for Charlie and Guile to see each other again. I can't think of a bigger reunion in all of Street Fighter.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sakura is a shoto-in-training, that's the appeal for me.

But for most it's the schoolgirl outfit thing.

Top Bottom