• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 22-28 | Game of Throws - A Song of Salt and Fire(balls)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This is fucking fail as the game already is 1/4th filled with Batman characters. Go again no Batman characters but you can keep 1 Watchmen character but this time you have to.provide 10 characters.

Marvel minion...
Listen, your supposed to make it easier, not harder. DC suddenly isn't going to get that many great or decent characters.

Maybe Darkseid. Only if he gets a Thanos alt.

Generally they did a good job with the cast and hit the most popular characters, and I'm sure DC fans will love Zod, etc.

Dahbomb

Listen, your supposed to make it easier, not harder. DC suddenly isn't going to get that many great or decent characters.

Maybe Darkseid. Only if he gets a Thanos alt.

Generally they did a good job with the cast and hit the most popular characters, and I'm sure DC fans will love Zod, etc.
I will talk about this later right now it's PATCH TALK.

Fucking scale out 80K jesus christ... it's the only thing wrong with Spencer.

I will talk about this later right now it's PATCH TALK.

Fucking scale out 80K jesus christ... it's the only thing wrong with Spencer.
Bionic Arm needs a smaller vertical hitbox, and his zipline should be punishable on chicken block when done across the horizontal at jump height. He's the dumbest character in the game as it is. Make him take just a smidgen of thought.

Dahbomb

Bionic Arm needs a smaller vertical hitbox, and his zipline should be punishable on chicken block when done across the horizontal at jump height. He's the dumbest character in the game as it is. Make him take just a smidgen of thought.
No one will ever nerf Bionic Arm brah.

He doesn't even come close to Vergil and Wolverine. I think the only thing that should change about the character is the 80k scaling.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It is now understood why they put Heroes and Heralds in the game. It was solely to be used years later as consolation to desperate players trying to balance the game in the face of no patches or official updates.

Dahbomb

It is now understood why they put Heroes and Heralds in the game. It was solely to be used years later as consolation to desperate players trying to balance the game in the face of no patches or official updates.
Fuck yes son.

Haggar nerfs are dumb... the character is mostly fine if anything he needs better solo ways of getting in like a command roll but without any invincibility (just good enough to allow him to roll under beams).

He doesn't even come close to Vergil and Wolverine. I think the only thing that should change about the character is the 80k scaling.
Vergil takes skill in the neutral outside of Spiral Swords, and I can zone Wolverine. Spencer gets in for free with frame advantage by pressing the same two buttons every time no matter what I'm doing. Pure idiocy in character form.

I thought it was to unveil the secret CAS roster.

Also, on the note of Marvel updates, I just beat Monster Hunter 3U's single player yesterday, and I noticed
that it was developed by Eighting!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Talk of making Haggar slower and increasing base damage of up-grapple and only scaling the up-grapple..

Eject+button.jpg

Dahbomb

Vergil takes skill in the neutral outside of Spiral Swords, and I can zone Wolverine. Spencer gets in for free with frame advantage by pressing the same two buttons every time no matter what I'm doing. Pure idiocy in character form.
Now you are talking about "I can't zone Spencer". Spencer gets mauled the fuck by Wolverine because Wolverine can just get under his zip line and anti air him.. same for Vergil because of his godly anti airs. A lot of small hit box characters own Spencer for free because of this.

LMAO FGTV more salty about fucking Haggar than Wolverine. Embarassing. All their characters own Haggar for free.

Dahbomb

Everyone on FGTV is just salty as fuck over Haggar. Slower wave dash? The fuck outta here. They just mad they get piped.

If I wanted to hear top players discuss fantasy patches, I'd rather it be Viscant.

At least he isn't kneejerk like the FGTV guys apparently are.

vocab

I cant wait to see Buffs/nerfs to magneto.

Fchamp "He needs those rapid fire shorts to hit confirm mannnnnnnnnn"

Dahbomb

I cant wait to see Buffs/nerfs to magneto.

Fchamp "He needs those rapid fire shorts to hit confirm mannnnnnnnnn"
They already universally nerfed those so that's not really an issue.

But yea I expect a lot of "nah man Magneto has to earn his neutral... can't nerf his Magnetic Blasts dawg!"

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
shadyk is alright.

Its magus just spouting random shit and Fchamp listening to him.
Yeah I tend to think ShadyK is the most level headed of those dudes.

FChamp can be too but sometimes he takes it too far and he also seems to balance around Magneto or want airdash characters to play like Magneto.

Some of Magus' suggestions are okay though and he keeps FChamp in check from time to time.

K.Sabot

Yeah this stream is pretty trash.

Fun to see their "insight" though.

Actually I take that back, it isn't fun. I have no idea why I'm still watching.

Dahbomb

Magus is 100% real talk mode.

Not nerf Doom's Foot Dive hit box? Ok so now give me buffs on shitty character hit boxes.

Edit: Jesus christ finally ShadyK gets it. Foot Dive hit box extends to his fucking neck.

Dahbomb

I sort of....

like this Missiles change.

Thank god, Magus is on a roll today. Nerf that Plasma Beam so Unibeam becomes relevant.

They should make the range on his air grab smaller but leave him as is for everything else. I don't think Nova is as big of a problem as they make him out to be.

Dahbomb

They should make the range on his air grab smaller but leave him as is for everything else. I don't think Nova is as big of a problem as they make him out to be.
I don't think the range is the problem, I think the late acceleration on the box dash is what gets people as well as the extremely LONG knockdown time after throw.

But what I want buffed is his red life mechanic. It's not even touched upon on FGTV because no one really uses it because it's gimmicky as fuck. There is no reason you should lose all your red health for no extra benefit beyond a certain value.

vocab

I don't think the range is the problem, I think the late acceleration on the box dash is what gets people as well as the extremely LONG knockdown time after throw.

But what I want buffed is his red life mechanic. It's not even touched upon on FGTV because no one really uses it because it's gimmicky as fuck. There is no reason you should lose all your red health for no extra benefit beyond a certain value.

Gravmetric blaster with red life is kinda laughable. Every time I see it, I'm like that's it?

Dahbomb

Gravmetric blaster with red life is kinda laughable. Every time I see it, I'm like that's it?
No I mean the problem is that if it takes 1/4th health to get max power Gravimetric Pulse and I am at 1/2 red health I CANNOT use Pulse without any additional benefits. With the change I suggested I would be able to get 2 buffed Pulses out with the same red health. It would encourage more usage of his red health moves which are godlike on paper but sacrifice too much and are too situational.

Thank god GC Yoshi is there he is making wonderful suggestions for Nemesis. I just wanted faster start up on his armor hits.

fader

FGTV is so freaking biased.... "Let's Nerf All The Threatening Characters We Don't Use And Buff OUR Character's and Claim it as Nerfs!"

When they first talked about doing this list i was interested cause I thought they were going to try to buff bad characters to make them tournament winners but whatever...

Dahbomb

FGTV is so freaking biased.... "Let's Nerf All The Threatening Characters We Don't Use And Buff OUR Character's and Claim it as Nerfs!"

When they first talked about doing this list i was interested cause I thought they were going to try to buff bad characters to make them tournament winners but whatever...
Well the Nemesis buffs are great... like this Nemesis is totally legit now and actually scary.

fader

Well the Nemesis buffs are great... like this Nemesis is totally legit now and actually scary.

yeah.... what really got me was how theylooked to nerfing Haggar cause "They Don't Like Him"... What!?

Haggar isn't winning tournaments. Haggar isn't touring the states winning majors!? How about nerf characters that could really use it or buff characters on their level! lol

Dahbomb

yeah.... what really got me was how theylooked to nerfing Haggar cause "They Don't Like Him"... What!?

Haggar isn't winning tournaments. Haggar isn't touring the states winning majors!? How about nerf characters that could really use it or buff characters on their level! lol
The argument for that is with better characters getting nerfed (and fairly hard in the case of someone like Vergil) it's characters who are like Upper Mid who will start winning more. Especially with the big nerf on Missiles and Plasma Beam, Haggar is going to be able to get in on zoners way more.

Just playing devil's advocate here.

Top Bottom