• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 28 - May 4 | The Desolation of Smug

Shito

Edit: Man I really hope she doesn't get any nerfs going into the console version :lol
You and me, you and me... ^^
I don't really see what they would nerf though, apart from the cancelable sweep maybe. Her fireballs are quite crappy (a really hitbox that seems to go away quite quickly) but serviceable, and all of her other options seem quite fair.
Still, I'll keep crossing my fingers...

K.Sabot

Bmua0HhIAAA7tuS.jpg:large

I can't handle so much hype in one picture.

Rotanibor

http://www.twitch.tv/numakie is live with Rebel Up at Super Arcade!

Format today looks like this

4pm PDT/7pm EDT ~ Random stuff: Puyo Puyo Tetris, Vampire Savior casuals
6:30pm PDT/9:30pm EDT ~ Vampire Savior Tournament
8:30pm PDT/11:30pm EDT ~ JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Tournament
9:30pm PDT/12:30pm EDT ~ Melty Blood Tournament

Come watch!

Westlo

So hopefully Ken's new walkspeed is like Fei Long speed, that's all I wanted in the first place. If u2 is now a legit fireball punisher... and he keeps his fadcable f.srk so you can fish for counterhit srk fadc full u1 and actually react to it... double ultra seems pretty viable.

His sweep change was always dumb, should've been made like his AE sweep in the first place. (1 frame removed on startup but added to recovery)

c.mk no one asked for that, if they wanted to buff it how about reverting the active frame nerf you gave it in ae.

I think Cammy is perfect where she is now. Keep the options (increase the options), lower the damage.

Capcom pls

Yeah she's still strong right now, not dumb like in 2012 or gutted like she was in the initial changes. Only change I would even like to see is ex divekick out of hooligan.

kirblar

So hopefully Ken's new walkspeed is like Fei Long speed, that's all I wanted in the first place. If u2 is now a legit fireball punisher... and he keeps his fadcable f.srk so you can fish for counterhit srk fadc full u1 and actually react to it... double ultra seems pretty viable.

His sweep change was always dumb, should've been made like his AE sweep in the first place. (1 frame removed on startup but added to recovery)

c.mk no one asked for that, if they wanted to buff it how about reverting the active frame nerf you gave it in ae.

Yeah she's still strong right now, not dumb like in 2012 or gutted like she was in the initial changes. Only change I would even like to see is ex divekick out of hooligan.
Can you not go EX into EX?

Regular->EX seems a bit silly.

*looks @ Ken update on srk*

Cr.mk was reverted

Sweep is at least -7, possibly -8

Ken walk speed was toned down

He CAN fadc second hit of dp on block

Air Ex tatsu is back to normal except for kara tatsu. If you try to tatsu on way up you get that funky tatsu.

Air regular tatsu was nerfed. Now has the same trajectory as ryu, akuma, etc.

U2 moves more forward faster so it's noticeably easier to punish fireballs.

I know the arcade release is "open beta" but this amount of changes is fucking embarrassing capcom. And I'm saying this as someone who will like this Ken better probably... since my scrub ass needs that second hit fadc on f.srk... though even some top japanese ken players were complaining about that making him too weak.

Hopefully they just leave Cammy alone.

I don't see it on SRK? Link to thread pls.

kirblar

EH has a twitter roundup of EG impressions of the build: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/may/03/pr-balrog-decapre-has-best-ultra-usf4-can-reaction-punish-guiles-sonic-boom-easy-ricky-ortiz-liking-elena-and-chun-li-buffs-new-build/

Ricky says Elena's offense has been improved, which is good. Definitely seems like she received some offense buffs while receiving some extra recovery on her runaway-type moves. What appears to be a slightly slower backdash especially makes sense given the annoyingness of the Throw->Backdash->Backdash->U2 setup.

He loves her and Chun - wouldn't be surprised to see him go back to a super-footsy character rather than Rufus as a primary.

Dahbomb

*looks @ Ken update on srk*

Cr.mk was reverted

Sweep is at least -7, possibly -8

Ken walk speed was toned down

He CAN fadc second hit of dp on block

Air Ex tatsu is back to normal except for kara tatsu. If you try to tatsu on way up you get that funky tatsu.

Air regular tatsu was nerfed. Now has the same trajectory as ryu, akuma, etc.

U2 moves more forward faster so it's noticeably easier to punish fireballs.

I know the arcade release is "open beta" but this amount of changes is fucking embarrassing capcom. And I'm saying this as someone who will like this Ken better probably... since my scrub ass needs that second hit fadc on f.srk... though even some top japanese ken players were complaining about that making him too weak.

Hopefully they just leave Cammy alone.
This is actually pretty stupid... the Tatsu thing kinda made him interesting as did the cr.MK and walk speed changes because it made him more of a footsie character in light of the DWU changes.

Now he has worse footsies (than current arcade version) but the same or worse mix ups.

With these amount of changes for characters between versions (arcade and console), the console version might end up being a mess.

SimSimIV

Ryan Ramirez ‏@fchampryan 45s
Sim is diff in this version of USF4 than the arcade build No more 2 hit MK all his dmg is back to 2012 but ST.F gets whopping 5 dmg lol fml

They can't be serious?! They even reverted the damage buffs? I was expecting additional buffs, and they took away more?!

Semms like I jumped the gun:

Ex upflame is back to Hknockdown and fireball into u1 works again..but he gets 2 good buffs u can link st.strong juggle after ex yoga flame

U can do combos like db.fierce > b.fierce > ex flame then juggle a st. Strong midscreen or B.RH if cornered

Ryan Ramirez ‏@fchampryan 1m
Overall i think he is the same 2012 version but delayed wakeup helps him for sure....
im sorry guys im done using sim he is my backup now

Shito

Ricky Ortiz: :From playing ULTRA I surprisingly like Elena the most. She's GOOD! [...] She's different from her Japanese arcade version. She's much better in console. Her B&B is jabX2 link C.Strong into uppercut. Healing set-up off throw.
That's... what japanese people use on the arcade version, yeah...

mbpm1

Yun does look like he got a dive kick buff

Yup landing framed removed, Tested by Divekicking From the top of his jump vs the opponent doing focus attack and soon as i landed i was able to move/attack.yang kept his landing frame for some reason

from SRK forums

Dudleys F.HP puts the opponent higher in the air when he anti airs someone so now you can raw ultra 2 now....these dudley changes are getting crazy lmao and his HK is the same thank god

ken is nerfed from his last loktest but his walkspeed is still faster than ae2012 i wish i could record this stuff but the staff says its not allowed or some shit

Yup landing framed removed, Tested by Divekicking From the top of his jump vs the opponent doing focus attack and soon as i landed i was able to move/attack.yang kept his landing frame for some reason
From NWM -Mr.Pavy
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/180533/ultra-street-fighter-4/p89

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It's just a test build, right? I don't like the changes, but I'm not particularly worried if the changes aren't permanent.
Sure, but you'd like to think that they're getting close to where things should be and making more fine adjustments near the end.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Sounds like the Japanese mentality creeping in, I remember when Super came out , I got to ask Seth directly, and I asked him why Adon's movelist had Alpha 1 commands instead of Alpha 2, when folks found A2 easier. I also asked about HDR commands for Chicken Wing/Hooligan and said they'd be easier to not miss.

He said it was because of "tradition" and "didn't want it to be too easy".

These things don't impact high level play at all, but they do make it easier for the average player.

Say what you will about Skullgirls, but Mike Z understood this well.

Having had to translate/interpret meetings regarding balance changes before, there's usually more to the argument than just that but a lot of things are either lost in translation or... aren't translated at all. Eventually it may come down to "they don't want it to be too easy" but it's important to remember that there's A LOT of backstory behind those simplified reasons.

Dahbomb

When's Ultra console release?

Wouldn't be surprised if there's another build in a couple of weeks at some tournament where a lot of things are different.

OceanBlue

Sure, but you'd like to think that they're getting close to where things should be and making more fine adjustments near the end.

Yeah, it's strange that they're testing drastic changes as we get close to release, but they also have the arcade build to fall back on if they need it. I'd imagine that it helps to have a working product in public hands already.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeah, it's strange that they're testing drastic changes as we get close to release, but they also have the arcade build to fall back on if they need it. I'd imagine that it helps to have a working product in public hands already.

Ah yeah, that might be something. They're probably throwing out a bunch of ideas just to feel them out and then go back to the arcade build with that information.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You and me, you and me... ^^
I don't really see what they would nerf though, apart from the cancelable sweep maybe. Her fireballs are quite crappy (a really hitbox that seems to go away quite quickly) but serviceable, and all of her other options seem quite fair.
Still, I'll keep crossing my fingers...

I can think of quite a few things that I will not type out for fear of them becoming true :D

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Meanwhile, I'm sitting here worrying that they overbuffed a certain charge character with similarly ass wakeup.

Chun-Li is going to be a force.

Imm0rt4l

Dudley F. Hp to u2? Neutral jump blow up? I never got in the habit of ex duck upper for farther aa and neutral jumps.

Im thinking this would require an fadc off f. Hp.

Top Bottom