• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 28 - May 4 | The Desolation of Smug

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
guys! i borrowed a fightstick from a friend and its changing me! screw pads! fight sticks are soooo goooodddd!

oddly enough, the stick is called bitch fingers. its literally 11 inches wide, too tiny.

Dahbomb

This is the third revision in which people have assuredly tried to convince me that Juri is one of the best characters.
Pretty sure Tokido never put Juri that high.. at least not in AE 2012. He put Akuma, Viper, Sakura and Adon at the top (maybe Sagat too but can't remember but definitely those 4 he rated as top tier).

He also predicted Yun, Yang, Fei top tier in Arcade Edition.

And even with limited Marvel 3 experience he was one of the first people to say that Vergil and Strider were among the best out of the new comers in UMVC3 (put Vergil at the top of the list by a mile). This was back when people were still crapping their pants over Wesker and invincible Phoenix Wright assists.

Dude figures out the cheap stuff real quick. He just has a knack for it I guess. I would say that if he thinks Juri is top 5 then she is probably pretty damn good.

Infinite

Pretty sure Tokido never put Juri that high.. at least not in AE 2012. He put Akuma, Viper, Sakura and Adon at the top (maybe Sagat too but can't remember but definitely those 4 he rated as top tier).

He also predicted Yun, Yang, Fei top tier in Arcade Edition.

And even with limited Marvel 3 experience he was one of the first people to say that Vergil and Strider were among the best out of the new comers in UMVC3 (put Vergil at the top of the list by a mile). This was back when people were still crapping their pants over Wesker and invincible Phoenix Wright assists.

Dude figures out the cheap stuff real quick. He just has a knack for it I guess. I would say that if he thinks Juri is top 5 then she is probably pretty damn good.

I think he meant 3rd version of Ultra.

@Q: aight say no more :p

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Capcom forgot about a buff they gave Chun in AE.

I wonder if she will be safe from nerfs in the final console version though. Specially since she's getting a pretty big spotlight.

Also I'm glad Air didn't post about the other dumb ass thing about poison and Im not talking about the sweep cancel haha

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
amazing spider man 2 has some really wacky pacing problems in the last half hour and a very tacky goblin costume but it's still got the cutest super hero love story (although if it has little competition) and some real laughs.

also electro is 100% dubstep

an honest 6.5/10 if i was pressed, maybe bump it to 7.0. it's entertaining and worth watching but not as cohesive as cap 2.
but i still liked it more than 2/3rds of the sam raimi trilogy

oneida

Spider-Man 2 > Amazing Spider-Man > Amazing Spider-Man 2 = Spider-Man > Spider-Man 3

i kinda like ASM2 more than SM1 but time has not been well to SM1 so it gets a leniency pass.

ASM2 is pretty alright and you should see it if you want to.

xCobalt

Everytime I watch 1 or 2 I like them less and less.

TnsFL5S.gif

Is this the same as this?

http://www.twitch.tv/team_tengu
http://www.twitch.tv/team_tengu2

It's also a USF4 5v5 tourney and is what I'm watching.

Yup

Astarte

guys! i borrowed a fightstick from a friend and its changing me! screw pads! fight sticks are soooo goooodddd!

oddly enough, the stick is called bitch fingers. its literally 11 inches wide, too tiny.

My first experience with a fightstick was the inability to learn how to use it, so I ended up with some weird wrist foot position. Went from pad to stick to hit box; I like it.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Elena shapes up for console. Disappointed when I heard she's Fuerte status currently

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
If I wasn't so far behind and had the time I'd play Ultra and main Poison.

Street Fighter isn't that hard to pick up honestly. Lack of time would be a valid concern though.

I'm sure if I played it seriously for a month I'd at least get up to a B+ level player.

All the big name SF players being considered S+

We're running a single elimination tournament for it right now. I think single match too.
Aaah why did today of all days have to be the one where I don't have time to sit down and watch Twitch streams

Hella late but next time you see Kiyobi can you tell him that his "custom ruleset" only works cause his sister is ass at Puyo lol

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

Damn where's that pic of the arcade stick in the trash when you need it.

#Teampadwarriors.

Street Fighter isn't that hard to pick up honestly. Lack of time would be a valid concern though.

I'm sure if I played it seriously for a month I'd at least get up to a B+ level player.

All the big name SF players being considered S+

I haven't played SF4 since 2010 and my knowledge of the meta since then is watching the EVO top 8.

Time is the main issue though. Same thing keeping me from playing Killer Instinct, and in that game my roommate is really good.

So the spiderman reboot movies are sort of like Spiderman in Mahvel? Theoretically not bad but completely forgettable and unnecessary when considered against its competition?

I saw amazing spiderman 1 and I can't remember a single thing that happened in it

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I haven't played SF4 since 2010 and my knowledge of the meta since then is watching the EVO top 8.

Well that's the good thing about USF4, for the most part a lot of the Meta is getting mixed up. I'd go as far to say just learning the basics of the game is enough to get you started with USF4.

Basics go VERY far in SF

oneida

So the spiderman reboot movies are sort of like Spiderman in Mahvel? Theoretically not bad but completely forgettable and unnecessary when considered against its competition?

I saw amazing spiderman 1 and I can't remember a single thing that happened in it
what made spider man 1-3 "necessary"?

what made spider man 1-3 "necessary"?

They were pretty substantial movies post X-men but pre-MCU, and rebooting it immediately because 3 was awful and Sony needed to keep the rights from reverting is a bit silly. I'm sure the FF reboot will be way worse, though.

To continue the Mahvel analogy, the Raimi spiderman series is the Wesker of comic book movies.

oneida

They were pretty substantial movies post X-men but pre-MCU, and rebooting it immediately because 3 was awful and Sony needed to keep the rights from reverting is a bit silly. I'm sure the FF reboot will be way worse, though.

To continue the Mahvel analogy, the Raimi spiderman series is the Wesker of comic book movies.

ehhh as a guy who loves sam raimi the SM trilogy is corny. 2 is great tho, especially the scene where octo murderates the surgeons. classic raimi.

and i agree that the circumstances surrounding ASM make their "necessity" less artistic than "we want to tell the story of peter parker". totally true.

still i think webb is good at romance and raimi is very not good at romance and that is something central to peter parker.

GreenScar

They rebooted the series because Raimi and sony couldn't come to an agreement on which villain to use. He left, which caused Toby and Kristen Dunst to walk. Since they were going to have to recast the whole movie anyway, they decided that a reboot made the most sense.

Dahbomb

Aside from a few scenes in ASM2, you would be hard pressed to remember anything in that movie. I guess in that way it's better than ASM1.

The Wesker analogy is on point with the Raimi trilogy. It used to be top dog with Spider Man 1/2 then it became irrelevant. ASM is probably Storm tier.

oneida

it's funny cause the WORST thing about ASM2 is what SM2 did sooo well
spoilers dont' read if you're gonna watch the movie

if you read it it's your fault
peter parker's inner conflict with identifying as spider man

that encompasses like 40% of SM2 and it's such a good follow-up to the origin story

and it's weirdly cut short in ASM2 to like 5 minutes MAX and it's AT THE END OF THE MOVIE

Top Bottom