• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 8-14 | Cena-Factor validated, WWEsports remain stAGEd

GeoNeo

I disagree.
If Only Wong was a women him and Chris G could have the ultimate Marvel baby.

Justin is thick too and we know Chris is down with that.

Dahbomb

Damn almost all those matches went down to the last 10 seconds. The defense is too good.

ChrisG actually did work with his support characters although he did get lucky with some YOLO stuff.

Azure J

I primarily judge story-based media on how it concludes. Outlaw Star had a lot of build-up and then a "wow that was lame" conclusion.

I know what you mean, trust me. It was a fun romp though and there's also that "this was my childhood" factor going for it. :p

Also the characters were great.

justinawong.jpg

549117_241792082632425_357893139_n.jpg

I know what you mean, trust me. It was a fun romp though and there's also that "this was my childhood" factor going for it. :p
I watched enough actually good anime (Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion) at that age to not be bothered about Outlaw Star. Though I really like its opening song.

But that wasn't even a conclusion so by your definition it was bad.
To me, Berserk was primarily about the relationship between Griffith and Guts. I thought the way it portrayed their relationship's conclusion was well done. There's a greater story to be told, but I'll judge that when/if it happens.

To give another example, The Matrix is a horrible trilogy. Just terrible. But the original film is excellent and has a wonderful conclusion. I'm fine with judging The Matrix by its first movie and also as a trilogy, separately. I'll do the same for Berserk and anything else that is properly segmented. By "properly", I mean that the story concludes what it means to. The Matrix 1 is the story of Neo coming to be what he is, and it does that well. It doesn't need to end the war with the machines to be judged.

Guys... Berserk is my favorite anime/manga of all time.

I was just contesting the point about a conclusion. You can have stuff that have good characters, story etc but can end on a weak note yet still be considered good overall.
My wife and I watched it together, and the ending blew us both away.

Crocodile

I primarily judge story-based media on how it concludes. Outlaw Star had a lot of build-up and then a "wow that was lame" conclusion.

They were setting up for a second season that never got off the ground :(

Still, while the ending could have been better but they still wrapped up nearly all the major plot points from my recollection.

Edgeward

Whoa, Berserk was great in how it completely destroys you. Much better than the manga never ending.

I haven't been soured on an anime since the original FMA, I went from loving the series to hating everything to it. But Brotherhood is sugoi.

In terms of live action, Battestar completely spat in my face with it's finale. Such bullshit.

Dahbomb

Guys... Berserk is my favorite anime/manga of all time.

I was just contesting the point about a conclusion. You can have stuff that have good characters, story etc but can end on a weak note yet still be considered good overall.

Whoa, Berserk was great in how it completely destroys you. Much better than the manga never ending.

I haven't been soured on an anime since the original FMA, I went from loving the series to hating everything to it. But Brotherhood is sugoi.

In terms of live action, Battestar completely spat in my face with it's finale. Such bullshit.
Friends don't let friends watch the last season of BSG.

K.Sabot

Ultradavid lists 3 people you'll never hear from in Marvel again. (sorry stone)

James Chen: "That's a tough road for him to get here."

This happens all the time.

Edgeward

Friends don't let friends watch the last season of BSG.

No one warned me! I fed off that show for two months this year. It consumed me and then it betrayed me and ate me whole.

Fighting Games Weekly | You can mess with Texas

Fighting Games Weekly | Nothing Major happened

Top Bottom