• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 9-15

It's nice, but I'm wondering what brought Justin out. If he needs Marvel practice, tomorrow would make more sense.

Justin moved in with Floe and they live about a 15 minute drive away from Super now. Before he used to live with James Chen which is about a 2 hour drive away. So you're going to be seeing a lot more Justin at WNF and TRB.

ismk

It's late here and I have to wake up early tomorrow but I don't want to miss watching SF4. I missed watching great matches of this game.

.... I was like so mind fucked because Richard said he wasn't going to WNF or TRB this week and Sherry and James kept calling Tatsu "Richard."

God damn you old man! Get your shit together!

I looked at the brackets for Big Two and WNF. I see that SFxT already dropped below SF4 at WNF and below both Marvel 3 and SF4 at Big Two. Is this a sign of the games popularity declining, or too many people dislike 2v2? Myself personally, I wouldn't participate in SFxT at my upcoming local if it was 2v2, maybe unless the price was $5 per person. Just wondering what exactly is the reason for it to drop to 3rd already out of the Capcom 3.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I looked at the brackets for Big Two and WNF. I see that SFxT already dropped below SF4 at WNF and below both Marvel 3 and SF4 at Big Two. Is this a sign of the games popularity declining, or too many people dislike 2v2? Myself personally, I wouldn't participate in SFxT at my upcoming local if it was 2v2, maybe unless the price was $5 per person. Just wondering what exactly is the reason for it to drop to 3rd already out of the Capcom 3.

People like 2v2, just not SFxTK.

smurfx

get some go again
2vs2 is not going to help its numbers. sf4 guys would rather just play ae instead of finding a partner for sfxtekken if they don't have one.

SFxT is 2v2 at WNF so 19 teams = 38 people which is way more Big Two buddy.

Seems like you're just counting the teams and not the actual names....

Big Two marvel = 29 people.
Big Two SF4 = 23 people.
WNFAE SFxT = 19 teams = 38 people.
WNFAE SF4 = 42 people.

Street Fighter 4 only has 4 more people than SFxT.

in the few locals i've been to, there are lots of people playing it, but the Marvel and AE players are clearly having the most fun in the room.

it's just so blahhhhh

SFxT is 2v2 at WNF so 19 teams = 38 people which is way more Big Two buddy.

Seems like you're just counting the teams and not the actual names....

I'm comparing SFxT to SF4 at WNF and SF4/Marvel 3 at Big Two separately. SF4 has more players than SFxT at WNF. And both SF4 and Marvel 3 have more players then SFxT at Big Two. Basically I'm saying both the SoCal and NYC scene have showed a dropped interest in SFxT recently. It may just be this week but it's worth noting since this game has been met with a lot of criticism and people aren't really fans of 2v2 as the standard.

Obviously a combination of both, 2v2 wouldn't be as popular as 1v1 but even without it the numbers for that game would have dropped eventually. I hope you aren't trying to start the "EVO sucks for making SFxT 2v2" nonsense because they're just doing what that's the most viable for them.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
UltraChen and the Levelup crew can make any game fun to watch.

jwong.jpg

I'm comparing SFxT to SF4 at WNF and SF4/Marvel 3 at Big Two separately. SF4 has more players than SFxT at WNF. And both SF4 and Marvel 3 have more players then SFxT at Big Two. Basically I'm saying both the SoCal and NYC scene have showed a dropped interest in SFxT recently. It may just be this week but it's worth noting since this game has been met with a lot of criticism and people aren't really fans of 2v2 as the standard.

Big Two SF4 = 25 people.
Big Two SFxT = 11 teams = 22 people.

SF4 = 25 people. SFxT = 22 people.

WNFAE SF4 = 42 people.

SF = 42 people. SFxT = 38 people.

7 player dudes....

I don't find that to be such a big deal.

I hope you aren't trying to start the "EVO sucks for making SFxT 2v2" nonsense because they're just doing what that's the most viable for them.

I'm definitely not a fan of that format being the standard to decide the World Champion(or champions in this case), but that wasn't my intention. Just wondering if it's hurting participation for the game.

WesternHeretic, it's not necessarily about how much more. It's also about the games drop itself, I think SFxT had over 50 at WNF just last week. Or it did for a while during the transition from singles to teams. I think it's good that it will prep people for EVO, but I feel that a lot of people feel alienated by it. But whatever, didn't mean to carry on with this topic for this long.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We're part of the 82 crew. This is our big year.

And SFXT is much more fun to play than watch. Especially 2 vs anything.

Looks like Twitch finally fixed something for the last 2-3 weeks. Video was a little more blurry than usual. Now it seems back to normal.

smurfx

get some go again
We're part of the 82 crew. This is our big year.

And SFXT is much more fun to play than watch. Especially 2 vs anything.

Looks like Twitch finally fixed something for the last 2-3 weeks. Video was a little more blurry than usual. Now it seems back to normal.
?

I think Kadey talking about the year of her birth. A few of us were talking about how old we were last year. She mentioned she was 29, I was 28, and Saty said he was 45 or something like that(I guess that makes us OG FGC GAF). So if she was 29 last year, that probably makes her birth year 1982. As for the "We're part of the 82 crew", I'm not sure who else she's referring to. Maybe just a general reference, or some people in particular. I know Arturo is around our age, just not sure if he's 82 like Kadey or 83 like me.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Ahahhaahahahahahahahahahaahahahah Arturo Sanchez Elementary School. It exists.

Yeah. 82 crew. This is our big year. There are many of us in the FGC. Art and I for example. I'm exactly two weeks older than him.

Looks like Twitch is back to being blurry. @#!@$@$%%@

zlatko

Banned
I think they've only done 2v2.
It's just Big Two that's moved onto it after the Evo announcement.

I haven't caught either stream in a while. When I did get Big2, it was before 2v2 and it was definitely a snooze fest.

Just wondering how it holds up.

sleepykyo

So I never get to catch WNF just due to how late they start for me. Is SFxT fun to watch now that its 2v2?

If you didn't find it fun to watch before, you won't now. The gameplay is unchanged. And even for drama, it has been going down as the teams have gotten resigned to their fates. Eliver can't find a team mate so he doesn't care too much. OnlineTony just laughs or yawns when Hugo fails to tag out. Neither James nor Ultradavid bother to keep track of the bracket anymore.

Might still be worth watching last night's episode for Valle's birthday and see how little Ultrachen even cares at this point. Not sure about Big 2 as I haven't watched it in a while. Guess I should see how they took to it.

USD

Made a thread for Stunfest:

Stunfest XII: 8th Battles of Roazhon | VG festival & FG tournament (FR) | April 13-15

Also it was announced that the Mad Catz Championship has been delayed until some time after EVO:

MarkMan said:
The Mad Catz Championships event will be postponed to later this year, after EVO. We wanted to focus on putting together an amazing event for the community and did not want to conflict with other community events that were going on at the same time; especially those of which that had many years of support from the community behind them. Stay tuned for more news/updates after EVO where we promise to give the community something awesome to look forward to. Thanks and we apologize for any inconvenience to the players/fans but we look forward to sharing more news about our EVO and post-EVO plans, very soon.

Grecco

Ahahhaahahahahahahahahahaahahahah Arturo Sanchez Elementary School. It exists.

Yeah. 82 crew. This is our big year. There are many of us in the FGC. Art and I for example. I'm exactly two weeks older than him.

Looks like Twitch is back to being blurry. @#!@$@$%%@

That means im older than Art? wow

USD

Pretty big announcement. I'm going to be working with SRK as a freelancer. I'll probably be focusing on tournament coverage, I guess in the vein of what I've been doing here, with some extra things like actual results. I'll be doing some other things as well, like translations, but I'm basically a writer, so I might be posting news stories or even doing some editorials too (if I actually had something worthwhile to say, that is).

It's an extra work load but I'm happy to be doing it. Don't worry, I'm still going to be doing the exact same things I've bee doing here, you just get extra now. Having a bigger base seems important, as there are a lot of people that still don't have information on events and the like. Being on the front page of SRK probably helps haha.

Thank you Keits, Kineda, Tom Cannon and everyone else at SRK for the opportunity!

Grecco

Pretty big announcement. I'm going to be working with SRK as a freelancer. I'll probably be focusing on tournament coverage, I guess in the vein of what I've been doing here, with some extra things like actual results. I'll be doing some other things as well, like translations, but I'm basically a writer, so I might be posting news stories or even doing some editorials too (if I actually had something worthwhile to say, that is).

It's an extra work load but I'm happy to be doing it. Don't worry, I'm still going to be doing the exact same things I've bee doing here, you just get extra now. Having a bigger base seems important, as there are a lot of people that still don't have information on events and the like. Being on the front page of SRK probably helps haha.

Thank you Keits, Kineda, Tom Cannon and everyone else at SRK for the opportunity!

Congrtulations!

Top Bottom