• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 12-18 | DaiGOAT

Sayad

I watched his stream a couple times way back when and it seemed like he would frequently go into these angry rants about how godlike he is and how scrubby the people he was playing were, so I got the opposite impression.

But yea, Juicebox is smart tho. Has some pretty good vids on stuff.
He also goes really hard on himself in the same fashion while talking about players who are better than him.

The thing I miss the most is his KoF commentary.

Prototype

You guys miss juice box? Why? I remember like pages of hate for him at SRK a few years back. I agreed with all of it. Couldn't hack it in SF, went to KoF, and couldn't hack it there either.

Also, can't believe no one ever punched him in the mouth while he was doing that stupid Abel shit.

Sayad

You guys miss juice box? Why? I remember like pages of hate for him at SRK a few years back. I agreed with all of it. Couldn't hack it in SF, went to KoF, and couldn't hack it there either.

Also, can't believe no one ever punched him in the mouth while he was doing that stupid Abel shit.
This was the closest it came to that, but I guess the FGC isn't as violent as most people would think. ;p

Bonus: Blanka player complains about guessing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMCVx50cIuY

Mikado Saturday tournament: www.twitch.tv/joniosan

Had an insane start. Gazou, Konsome, Ain, Nage, Rion all in short order o_O'
Ogawa, FAB, Nakamura in attendance, haven't been onstream yet.

EDIT: Some random Slayer perfected Ogawa. Got torn to shreds the next round as thanks. Jonio beat Ogawa o_O

MechaX

I had a dream that I was actually a competent Yukari Naoto player in P4U.

Maybe this is a sign. Or maybe I should actually get started on actually learning Xrd/eventually getting bodied by Q.

I feel like I read/watch more on fighting games these days than play them, especially due to work and a ... certain MMO. Has anyone else gotten into this kind of funk before?

Yeah, whatever is driving the issue, the gameplay or the animation, it still makes it pretty much a complete waste of time.

Unless of course you really enjoy the violence aspect, which to be honest I'm pretty uncomfortable with.

I hope MKX comes and goes pretty quickly.

Jesus Christ!!!! THATS extremely harsh! did NRS kill your dog or something
Character Designs they improved alot but still need work, but most of their animations is really a major step up from MK9 by miles is kind of a mass reception thing

it will be around awhile, sorry to disappoint lol
So they weren't a part of the FGC before? I'm lost here.

Na anything before MK9 was terrible in the competitive department, then they entered with a big boom with MK9 even with the broken shit it had, and Injustice improved on them things, while messing up other things!

So if they take the best aspects from MK9 and Inj and add in some new shit (Which they are) the game will be sick

thats what i love about NRS, for such a high standard studio, they ain't afraid to take risks while other FG just take the previous method and add on

Best teacher in the FGC

Him going to KOF has nothing to do with his results in SF either

And if it weren't for his antics we would never have had this gem:

d7ccc3c6c1e8a278ec2cef26f5a0ef81.gif

Kumubou

Him going to KOF has nothing to do with his results in SF either
I've always hated this attitude. Unless you think people would never quit playing one game for another because they actually enjoy it more??? From my experience, pretty much no one quits a game to go play something else because the skill level is lower in a smaller game -- and honestly, unless you're as talented as someone like Justin Wong or Tokido, it doesn't even work (and even then, it usually doesn't).

I've always hated this attitude. Unless you think people would never quit playing one game for another because they actually enjoy it more??? From my experience, pretty much no one quits a game to go play something else because the skill level is lower in a smaller game -- and honestly, unless you're as talented as someone like Justin Wong or Tokido, it doesn't even work (and even then, it usually doesn't).

There's really no sense in it, even Alioune of all people got that shit when he picked up UNIEL. You'd think people would agree that he can play SF4 but no he has to be running from competition.

rookiejet

I love Juicebox. I might have missed the incident you're referring to, Lost Fragment, but I never got the sense he was demeaning or gloating about other's scrubby play. It was more like urging them to try to be better (and as Sayad said, he's equally as hard on himself), and he does more than most to try help and contribute to other's learning, constantly offering advice on his streams, making videos, etc.

Kumubou

I love Juicebox. I might have missed the incident you're referring to, Lost Fragment, but I never got the sense he was demeaning or gloating about other's scrubby play. It was more like urging them to try to be better (and as Sayad said, he's equally as hard on himself), and he does more than most to try help and contribute to other's learning, constantly offering advice on his streams, making videos, etc.
From my experience, he has very little patience with people who don't take the game as seriously as he does. That ends up being very off-putting if you're just looking to play casually, or even just semi-seriously.

fader

Juicebox is one of the very few in the FGC that can actually teach fighting games and the few who does it. Also he did not stop playing SF because he was getting bad result, he quit because he did not like the direction the gameplay was heding to at a competative level and he wanted to play something more "honest".

juicy is usually a very helpful person and will tell you your faults and how to correct them

the manner in which he does this, however, can be certainly divisive

Shouta

I think I remember this actually. This was in response to that cyber bullying thread that was blowing up on OT side a few years back.

Only tangentially. They were banned for egging on a gaffer that was seriously committing suicide. In fact, the entire thread was trying to locate where he was at the time. Thankfully, he was OK.

If it was trash-talking, eh whatever. But that was vile, even more so because it was a fellow forum poster here.

Top Bottom