• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 20-26 | I Can't Believe It's Not A Fighting Game

Omega

Banned
from the old thread

Anyone at FGC GAF purchased a PS4 post launch? I went to Best Buy today because I recently got a $200 bonus from work thinking I might purchase a PS4 finally. The BB employee looked at me like I was some non gamer heathen and told me that the PS4 hasn't been in stock for a while but they got Xbox Ones.

Is this a common problem? I thought supply was only constrained in the first month. When can I expect to get a PS4?

I didn't go to the usual threads because the fanboyism is crazy there at times.

Most stores haven't gotten them since Christmas.

Bestbuys were getting them yesterday. My friend works at one and he said they got 18

Silky

Banned
damn Anarchy Reigns came out a year ago today. My first day one of last year, and definitely in my top 10. Fuck that game took over me so badly. I gotta play it again.

Riposte

Tekken Ball was hype

damn Anarchy Reigns came out a year ago today. My first day one of last year, and definitely in my top 10. Fuck that game took over me so badly. I gotta play it again.

They are doing a thing where you can play with the devs (posted in the OT).

I really like AR. While doing my GAF GotY list I had to double check if I still like it as much as I did when I quit playing a few months back and I do. Problem is, I basically forgot how to play multiplayer lol. I've relearned a lot, but I'm not as good as I used to be. I'm also big fan of the single player and was reassured my high praise of it wasn't fond memories. Really underrated game by Platinum fans if you ask me.

I want Platinum to make another one really bad. Fix the garbage online interface(lobbies, too many separate modes, terrible UI, etc.), work on the netcode, improve character balance (ideally, defense mechanics too), and maybe introduce some DotA mechanics for mass appeal (the game already features PvE being a big thing).

for you guys buying ps4s now and at launch...what are yall playing?
I am playing the hell out of Warframe. It is F2P, and probably the best thing on the system. I would say it is a 7/10 or 8/10 game, but keep in mind I use the full scale. I love how much character customization it has for a third person shooter. Some of the frames have really creative gameplay, too. My frame, Loki, can create diversionary clones, disarm enemies at a distance, swap places with anyone on the screen, and go invisible. I am going to give him a gun that causes confuse status effects to really fit the character.

Beckx

So next major is SCR then, right?

I am so hyped for SCR. I hope the Full Boost tourney goes off without any of the disconnect problems that plagued the evo side tourney top 8. I think you guys who haven't seen EXVS will get hyped watching it.

Only a week and a half left to release!

[amazing gifs]

Thank you sir.

you chose a bad thread title

So disappointed enzo. YOU HAD ONE JOB!

Broncos over the Seahawks the SB. Peyton Manning is the GOAT. And yeah, USF4 5th character, hopefully they announce that someday.

Super Bowl 420

5th character is Keyser Soze.

Working on KiT overlays right now. Here's hoping next weekend goes smoothly.

Good luck man!

Most stores haven't gotten them since Christmas.

Bestbuys were getting them yesterday. My friend works at one and he said they got 18

Easiest way to grab one might be to follow wario64's twitter, everytime they go up on Amazon he posts updates, stock counts, etc.

for you guys buying ps4s now and at launch...what are yall playing?

Nothing. :/ I look at it lot and wonder why I bought it. Playing a ton of 3DS & retro right now.

So so good. I need to get back to trying a hard mode run but got frustrated at Durga. Fuck Durga.

Considering that others are agreeing with the OP, and that one person even said that Clash Tournaments or VGBC should have had his spot instead (even though they were working their asses off carrying part of the workload and Salty Suites), I think the main thing to take away from all this is that there are some people who just plop themselves down in front of one stream for an entire tourney, options be damned.

I am so hyped for SCR. I hope the Full Boost tourney goes off without any of the disconnect problems that plagued the evo side tourney top 8. I think you guys who haven't seen EXVS will get hyped watching it.

4 way Strike Freedom mirrors, unf

So so good. I need to get back to trying a hard mode run but got frustrated at Durga. Fuck Durga.

Douglas was my stumbling block. Fuck him and his ghetto-blaster bootleg Big O pistons. I need to try and get the platinum trophy eventually - I burnt myself out because I didn't use the Normal Mode/Hard Mode trick off the bat, so I've gotta do everything the hard way.

Malice215

On the other hand, if that's what people are complaining about, then it's a sign that the important things must have gone without a hitch.

Thx.

If any GAF monsters want to be chat mods, just give me a heads up during the event.

Good luck this weekend. I'll be tuned in.

It's been a while since I've seen someone complain about sub-only mode. Most just hop over to poverty chat, but there's still people who get butthurt once their ability to act like an ass is taken away. Boo hoo.

But to say things like the stream was horrible and Spooky is part of a shady organization just because he couldn't spam dog emotes for the finals of Melee which was a couple of hours out of a 3 day event is silly. I'm surprised that thread is still open.

And it may be a month or so before the next "major", but there's still plenty of tournaments to watch until then, especially if you are interested in other games besides SF and Marvel.

Spooky is a beast, no doubt about that.

Next major being over a month away sucks. :( At least the week after Wintee Brawl is IVGC (European international, France's biggest event) and then HYPESPOTTING at the end of March!

Hypespotting is basically the main UK major at this point so I hope we can get a few US players over. :)
Hey there's a major this weekend, it's just for tennis and not fighting games

casperOne

- via Smashboards

Made by the same person, who is currently experiencing a tremendous thread backfire.

Perhaps this is what Deckard Cain was working on while he was waiting for his ban on GAF to lift.

Spooky has shown me love as well as the fact that he's what I'm pretty used to when watching an FGC stream. Take this into account when you read the following:

I caught some of the other smash streams during Apex and while I credit the work that they do, the production quality wasn't anywhere near what Spooky did.

Look at the player intros, player cams, commentator cams, dedicated, customized overlays, as well as the actual production (you have to choose when to cut).

Other streamers don't have 1/2 of those things, let alone a quality stream run as tightly as Spooky does.

It's not easy, Spooky just makes it look easy.

The Illuminati is real

More real than you can imagine.

Damn. Did you happen to catch his figure eight combo with Doom when he was streaming last week? Pretty sick.

You know he's using everything when rocks are involved

That took me by surprise too.

Kimosabae

Banned
I don't get it. Why are people even talking about that idiotic thread? Even if it's not a troll it's beyond stupid. Linking it here and actually responding to the guy are doing nothing but giving it exposure it doesn't deserve. It's one guy (maybe two). It's meaningless.

If that thread manages to get back to Sp00ky I'm personally going to be pissed.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Broncos over the Seahawks the SB. Peyton Manning is the GOAT. And yeah, USF4 5th character, hopefully they announce that someday.

what-is-wrong-with-you.jpg

This thread title sucks.

I'm ready for the Evo list, specifically how many games are on the official line up.

I don't get it. Why are people even talking about that idiotic thread? Even if it's not a troll it's beyond stupid. Linking it here and actually responding to the guy are doing nothing but it exposure it doesn't deserve. It's one guy (maybe two). It's meaningless.

If that thread manages to get back to Sp00ky I'm personally going to be pissed.

For whatever reason, people have a really hard time not feeding trolls.

Still hoping I'll be able to try to make it out to SCR. I'll have to find out more about my finals because if I have a ton of tests it'll probably be a no go. I know some people from my school will probably be going, but I'm behind enough as is where I need to make sure stuff goes off without a hitch.

Also damn that Marlinpie combo.

If that was the shit we saw at weeklies/majors I wouldn't be bored of Doom.

Revven

So which Smash matches should I watch from Apex?

http://www.youtube.com/user/CLASHTournaments/videos

Those videos uploaded have Japanese commentary iirc (at least the Brawl and Melee ones). You would have to dig into sp00ky's archives for the English commentary,

But as far as what matches you should watch... I would just watch all of Melee's Top 8. It was really good.

I wouldn't watch Brawl, though. Real boring and anti-hype. I'll save you the trouble and just say Meta Knight everywhere.

Oh and enzo, Melee it on Me actually streams on Thursdays now, might want to move that in the OP.

Rhapsody

Banned
Going to get my PSN points soon for Gundam. Also going to register for SCR soon.
So much money is going to be spent from now until the next couple months. :/

Going to get my PSN points soon for Gundam. Also going to register for SCR soon.
So much money is going to be spent from now until the next couple months. :/

Would love to go to SCR for dat Gundamu, but alas I am no longer in So Cal (UK). I'm wondering if my bro is going though as he's pretty boss at EXVS. Really hyped Full Boost is part of the official lineup. More people need to get into it!

Btw, the OT for Gundam EXVS Full Boost will be going up on Wednesday and will probably be streaming some vanilla EXVS play throughout the week. :)

Dahbomb

Apparently Capcom is looking into select button Plinking for USF4. I wonder if they will remove it. RIP in peace Daigo.

Kioshen

Apparently Capcom is looking into select button Plinking for USF4. I wonder if they will remove it. RIP in peace DaigoSako.

FTFY

(Not that I'm honestly afraid that he'll lose execution power but he's been a heavy user of that quirk of the engine.)

Dahbomb

Now if they could only find a way to remove option selects we could have a more pure fighting game.
I don't think they are ever going to remove option selects from SF4. Too ingrained into the engine and input system they created. They should definitely look into the Proximity stuff though.

Shouta

Would love to go to SCR for dat Gundamu, but alas I am no longer in So Cal (UK). I'm wondering if my bro is going though as he's pretty boss at EXVS. Really hyped Full Boost is part of the official lineup. More people need to get into it!

Btw, the OT for Gundam EXVS Full Boost will be going up on Wednesday and will probably be streaming some vanilla EXVS play throughout the week. :)

Oh, does he have a partner? If not, I could partner with him though he probably does already, lol. That's kind of the thing that's stopping me from going currently. I want to play Gundam along with my other FGs but no partner for FB.

Dahbomb

where did you get this news?
Its on the headline for Eventhubs, they got it as a quote from Combofiend.

Man people here really don't check Eventhubs. I just randomly went on there today to check some results (and to see progress on their new tier list system) and that caught my eye.

And in other news someone wrote a 400 page changelist to fix Mass Effect 3. Dwarfs the Marvel GAF theoretical patch list.

Its on the headline for Eventhubs, they got it as a quote from Combofiend.

Man people here really don't check Eventhubs. I just randomly went on there today to check some results (and to see progress on their new tier list system) and that caught my eye.

I go to SRK, the one that doesn't foster drama for page views.

Oh, does he have a partner? If not, I could partner with him though he probably does already, lol. That's kind of the thing that's stopping me from going currently. I want to play Gundam along with my other FGs but no partner for FB.

I dunno. I'll find out when I talk to him next.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Exactly, what I meant? BadIntent is an FG guy and he won a Regional tournament for Pokemon that they've been holding around the country. =o

You forgot "won" I think after his name

but you capitalized Badintent so it was pretty clear it was a person and you could figure it out from the rest

Congrats to him.

Top Bottom