• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 1-7 | Heel turns, shattered dreams, broken cages

Boke1879

WTF this is a thing?

Fuck sending Officer Triforce to EVO, someone but me a car.

Amazing.

And then if he wins EVO, or places, he walks out with a bunch of cash. I forget who suggested it, but maybe it'd be a good idea if those who invested in Die get a large percentage of what he gets out of it back, proportionately. But people still shouldn't be donating to this BS in the first place.

Honestly the people donating are doing it of their own free will. Be it because they like him as a person or love watching him play. It just seems a bunch of people are being crybabies about the whole situation. I'm not going to act like I know why he has to set up a donation drive, but who am I to judge a man?

Who are we to tell people what they shouldn't donate to this? It's their money they can do as they wish. You decide not to donate. That's your choice. Are the people donating asking for a percentage back? No.

notworksafe

Is Dieminion even registered for EVO or is this another case of special players getting the rules bent for them yet again?

I'd rather sponsor Jlai to go to EVO. At least he's entertaining to watch.

Duxxy3

The Illuminati ‏@ThelIluminati 13m

In order for you to rise higher, you have to break away from relationships that are limiting you.
Retweeted by Kevin Landon

Yeah, he is dumping EMP.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

3v3iye.jpg

Dahbomb

Can't wait to see everybody surprised when FChamp doesn't make it out of pools

and NT_Dahbomb said he's sandbagging for SBO/doesn't care about AE
You mean for AE? He most definitely can be beaten in pools. He does not care for AE at all. He isn't even sandbagging, sandbagging implies you are actually better than what you are showcasing. FChamp could play his level best at EVO in AE and he still wouldn't get far.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Honestly the people donating are doing it of their own free will. Be it because they like him as a person or love watching him play. It just seems a bunch of people are being crybabies about the whole situation. I'm not going to act like I know why he has to set up a donation drive, but who am I to judge a man?

Who are we to tell people what they shouldn't donate to this? It's their money they can do as they wish. You decide not to donate. That's your choice. Are the people donating asking for a percentage back? No.
Well, no, your technically right on this. But it also sets a pretty stupid precedent in the community of halfhearted sponsors or "sponsors" which are just gaming players and holding the community back. Some high profile players are bound to shitty sponsors when real sponsors could be scouting them out and doing much better for them and the community at large. The circumstances of it all just make it worse.

Is Dieminion even registered for EVO or is this another case of special players getting the rules bent for them yet again?

I'd rather sponsor Jlai to go to EVO. At least he's entertaining to watch.
This reminds me, did anyone go through the AE brackets and verify Triforce's claim that he has 4 or however many players signed up to compete at EVO?

The Illuminati ‏@ThelIluminati 13m

In order for you to rise higher, you have to break away from relationships that are limiting you.
Retweeted by Kevin Landon

Yeah, he is dumping EMP.
does this mean Koogy will actually make some more new shirt designs

Malice215

Some player asks for money, it' reasonable to ask why in advance especially in such a short frame of time. It's not being negative its called being cautious and aware as to what purpose your money is being used for.

And 1500 is enough to get two tickets to EVO. Fucking hell I can get to Pakistan and back for that amount of money. I will not donate a dime for this, I will not encourage this.

I bought my ticket last year to go to EVO at the last minute and it was $411, but once you start on that trip to Vegas, the expenses mount up (baggage fees, food which is expensive as hell, transportation, etc). This is why going to EVO or any other tournament for that matter is not a necessity, especially at the last minute.

And I didn't even do anything crazy like do a bunch of drinking or gambling, go to the club, or buy hookers and my trip was still over $2k. I stayed halfway around the world for two weeks and it was still cheaper than 4 days in Vegas. Looking back now, I could have used that money for more important things, but I didn't want to be seen as someone who didn't support my game at EVO even though it's not there this year as an official game.

If I was on the west coast, I could go to EVO on the cheap, but from the east coast or further it's a killer. But $1500 is more than enough to cover the trip without having to struggle or eat McDonalds for 3 meals a day.

But fighting games are a hobby which is why I dislike all these players asking for handouts, but whatever. I'm just glad to see Dieminion able to make it.

Anyway, I'm ready for this Curleh to take place. Fuck drama.

Shouta

Donations >>> CPM lol.
Every time I say the FGC is broke, the $$ comes out of the woodworks, I should push my subscription button more lol.

Pretty much, lol.

Seriously, though. Folks working hard for their trips, guys ask for donations and get way more than they need to is really blah.

Also 1500 bucks is way too much even for a last minute booking.

notworksafe

1500 fucking bucks? Jesus people are retarded, Dieminion especially. Why not try and do Vegas as cheap as possible to not make yourself look even more like a piece of shit?

Though I guess if you're gonna sell your pride, might as well go all the way.

Boke1879

Based on Die's last Retweet I wouldn't be surprised if he's dumping EMP again. This time should be the last time though. I understand he has deep ties to EMP and a lot of the players there, but they've burned him too many times now.

Does anyone know if NorCal is going to curleh? Debating on going to watch live but I don't want to go if its just the usual TRB suspects. Also do they set up casual stations at these events?

evolution

I bought my ticket last year to go to EVO at the last minute and it was $411, but once you start on that trip to Vegas, the expenses mount up (baggage fees, food which is expensive as hell, transportation, etc). This is why going to EVO or any other tournament for that matter is not a necessity, especially at the last minute.

And I didn't even do anything crazy like do a bunch of drinking or gambling, go to the club, or buy hookers and my trip was still over $2k. I stayed halfway around the world for two weeks and it was still cheaper than 4 days in Vegas. Looking back now, I could have used that money for more important things, but I didn't want to be seen as someone who didn't support my game at EVO even though it's not there this year as an official game.

If I was on the west coast, I could go to EVO on the cheap, but from the east coast or further it's a killer. But $1500 is more than enough to cover the trip without having to struggle or eat McDonalds for 3 meals a day.

But fighting games are a hobby which is why I dislike all these players asking for handouts, but whatever. I'm just glad to see Dieminion able to make it.

Anyway, I'm ready for this Curleh to take place. Fuck drama.
You spent way too much, considering what you didnt do.

Vice

These players need to at least get side hustles to fund their travel.

What does everyone think top players post-evo teams/characters will be? Will Justin finally pick Doom?

jbug617

Banned
Does anyone know if NorCal is going to curleh? Debating on going to watch live but I don't want to go if its just the usual TRB suspects. Also do they set up casual stations at these events?

I know Champ and Drew Grimey are confirmed but I haven't heard about Apology Man or the others yet.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
These players need to at least get side hustles to fund their travel.

What does everyone think top players post-evo teams/characters will be? Will Justin finally pick Doom?
Justin doesn't care enough to switch his team. That's why he went back to Logan. That team is okay for him I think, and I don't think it's as imperative he switch his team as much as he needs to get his head in the game.

Post-EVO, I want players to pick up Dante, but it's hard to say before we see what shenanigans show up at EVO.

kick51

Banned
damn wheres curleh. after all this drama shit I need my marvel fix

It'll begin after the initial auditing of tax returns and scouring of permanent records that players must go through in order to compete in the gentlemanly sport of digital fisitcuffs.

FourMyle

I lost my AE Tournament edition stick last weekend and I've been devastated ever since. Can anyone recommend a decent stick that's no more than $100?

kick51

Banned
I lost my AE Tournament edition stick last weekend and I've been devastated ever since. Can anyone recommend a decent stick that's no more than $100?

There have been $80 TE sticks through madcatz the past 2 tournaments, maybe they'll show up again for Evo.

Koogy

Neo Member
does this mean Koogy will actually make some more new shirt designs

To be honest, after the whole Dieminion leaving without even telling me thing happened, I got pretty depressed for 2 months. I started doing business consulting for other companies and focused on trying to get myself interested in keeping BT open.

After a while, I got back into the swing of things and have been rebuilding BT's structure from the ground up. New designs will be happening very soon, don't worry. :)

Top Bottom