• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 13-19 | Stream Monster Yearly: Evolution 2015

phaonaut

FGW : All of my Evo plaques, they still say Kane

edit: Damn really happy for kane, especially hearing a bit about all he sacrificed to play this game. He definitely deserves it.

vulva

Apologyman literally can't do the input as well. It is simply harder to do on one side.
One of how many pros has this problem? You've argued that comeback mechanics are needed because only Justin could make the huge comeback he had. If only one notable player has this issue isn't that a sign that the minority shouldn't supersede the majority?

Alright Dahbomb. I was wrong. X-Factor is still hype, haha.

One of how many pros has this problem? You've argued that comeback mechanics are needed because only Justin could make the huge comeback he had. If only one notable player has this issue isn't that a sign that the minority shouldn't supersede the majority?
I have said a comeback mechanic is necessary in MARVEL. Not in general. And I generalized it to mean there needs to be a way to ensure the last character on a team isn't gimped. For example, a solo assist would be fine.

Fighting games in general don't need comeback mechanics.

Also, this is an EXTRA FUCKING OPTION. There is no logical reason to be against including another way to do these dashes.

Fighting Games Weekly | PUNY GODS
Nice!

I kind of want Ai Ai to win USF4 just so my nomination of....

FGW: Ai Ai Yai Yai

....would makes sense. We also have two Spanish Speakers winning so it fits with nearly half the winners of EVO.

shaowebb

Country by Country weigh in of Champions EVO 2015 so far.
  • Sonic Fox(USA)-Wins MKX
  • Sonic Fox(USA)-Wins Skullgirls side tourney
  • Rico Suave (USA)-Winds Killer Instinct
  • Dacidbro (USA)-Wins...Catherine? Why was this in a fighting game tourney lol
  • Superboy (JAPAN)- Wins Persona 4- All Top 8 was Japan lol
  • OgawaZato (JAPAN)-Wins Guilty Gear
  • Nobi (JAPAN)-wins TEKKEN
  • Armada (SWEDEN)-Smash Bros Melee
  • Kane BLue River (CHILE)-Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
  • Zero (CHILE)- Wins Smash Bros Wii U
  • Momochi (JAPAN)-Ultra Street Fighter IV

Did I get all the countries right? If so it looks like Rico and Sonic Fox are the only Americans to win at fighting games this year and one of those was a side tourney.
The Tatsunoko vs Capcom side tourney is goin down tonight for $400 but its at the BYOC thing folks are talking bout on facebook. Not sure how it will go. I think the Melty Blood, GGACR, AH3LM, Aquapazza, Dengeki Bunko, Blaz Blue and UNIEL side tournies were also japan though. Anyone got the winners from those?

Fighting Games Weekly | You had to be there, literally

Fighting Games Weekly | Land of the free

Fighting Games Weekly | Frauds Among U.S, again

Country by Country weigh in of Champions EVO 2015 so far.
  • Sonic Fox(USA)-Wins MKX
  • Sonic Fox(USA)-Wins Skullgirls side tourney
  • Rico Suave (USA)-Winds Killer Instinct
  • Dacidbro (USA)-Wins...Catherine? Why was this in a fighting game tourney lol
  • Superboy (JAPAN)- Wins Persona 4- All Top 8 was Japan lol
  • OgawaZato (JAPAN)-Wins Guilty Gear
  • Nobi (JAPAN)-wins TEKKEN
  • Armada (SWEDEN)-Smash Bros Melee
  • Kane BLue River (CHILE)-Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
  • Zero (CHILE)- Wins Smash Bros Wii U

Did I get all the countries right? If so it looks like Rico and Sonic Fox are the only Americans to win at fighting games this year and one of those was a side tourney.
The Tatsunoko vs Capcom side tourney is goin down tonight for $400 but its at the BYOC thing folks are talking bout on facebook. Not sure how it will go. I think the Melty Blood, GGACR, AH3LM, Aquapazza, Dengeki Bunko, Blaz Blue and UNIEL side tournies were also japan though. Anyone got the winners from those?
All this list tells me is that Americans need to play more American made games. Good luck with that though lol.

El Sloth

Banned
https://twitter.com/Nitsuano/status/622951252222062592

765P Nitsuano@EVO
‏@Nitsuano

Currently the only UNIEL setup in the anime suite is in the bathroom on the sink. The poverty life is real.

CKUq2QhUsAAfAcS.jpg

cryin'

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Really tight Momochi clutched that out, that was Inflitrations to win. Elena is such a stupid character. Luckily Rolento Boyz still in the building.

crash-14

We can confirm now that Marvel has been bodied in views terms?

Becuase at EVO threat some people said that drop of views was due no gods on top 8 and international time.

At the moment if I'm not mistaking

Melee 205k
USFIV 191k
MKX 182k
Marvel 155k
GGXrd 119k

I really doubted that USF was going to top MKX with this time slot...

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
This is such a validating Evo. First Hulk wins, now, after all the complaining I did about Elena, the rest of the world joins me.

I've been saying from early on, Elena is bullshit. The options she gets doesn't make her a "top tier" character, but a very annoying character with her healing plus her very deceptive normals/specials. Not only that, she's a fucking floaty!!! WHAT IS THAT?! We aren't playing melee damn it. I hope she gets nerfed so whiffed normals get shitted on.

I've been saying from early on, Elena is bullshit. The options she gets doesn't make her a "top tier" character, but a very annoying character with her healing plus her very deceptive normals/specials. Not only that, she's a fucking floaty!!! WHAT IS THAT?! We aren't playing melee damn it. I hope she gets nerfed so whiffed normals get shitted on.
She can punish all 3 Blanka balls. :(

Inb4 Blanka hate.

Top Bottom