• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | March 25-31 | 12k matches & excelling at other things in life

Tizoc

I'll give SF4 credit for being the most balanced of the SF games from what I've seen, but its restrictive combo system deterred me completely after seeing how lenient combos in SFxT were.

First page uncontroversial post.

100PPP > 50PPP
BBCP isn't and will not be the greatest fighting game ever made

That's not controversial at all.

Saying
anime players have great taste in shitty games and are all smelly virgins
is.

Filled out the survey.
Cane's > Popeyes > KFC

NOTHING is better than Popeyes.

I ain't fucking with anyone here, who said "KFC > Popeyes."

Did he get redesigned or some shit? I am digging this concept so hard though.

SF4 > 2 > A2 >>> 3 > 1

fuck A3

I highly respect the "Fuck (that shitty and garbage) A3" (and its music), but hold up, SF4 better than 3S? No... SF2? Hell nah.

Chances are I'll be going, but only for 1-1.5 days, depending on how things work out. I feel dirty skipping on Final Round when it's only two hours away.

You better come, dammit!
You nearly stomped my nuts for saying "I might not make it" on Twitter!

SUPARSTARX

Prepare your angus for AE 2013

893587_10151329253410636_696959534_o.jpg

I'll only be able to make it to FR on Friday, so you best believe I'll be in the building for the Curleh Mustache Battle Royale.

Will anyone else be in attendance on Friday?

Edit: Added myself to the FGC-GAF roster. Everyone, feel free to add me.

LakeEarth

Great rebuttal.
I just finished a 3rd Strike online session and saw that post. It is 14 years old, I had UMvC3 disk in the system and 5 other downloaded online fighting games, and I'm still playing the shit out of it. So the statement "it was only popular because a huge 2D fighting game drought is incorrect. At least for me.

Dahbomb

SF3 was the only SF game but people still had CvS2 and MVC2 to choose from among the various 3D fighting games. Not long after GG also entered the scene.

The first iteration of SF3 was pretty bad though, I don't know if many people played that.

So I have a super random execution question for FGC-GAF. I just recently noticed that with starting to play Tekken I'm having some minor issues with getting out some moves that involve pressing either 1+4 or both of those buttons right after each other. And I think the reason for this is that previously I've always used my thumb to hit the two bottom left buttons on a SF layout (LK and MK) while keeping my fingers on punch row.

Is this normal? Now that I think about it I believe that I see most players use just their fingers and no thumb when playing on stick. It just always felt natural to me when doing throw or focus attack to use my thumb on the bottom buttons. But having to cross my thumb under my pointer finger to hit 1+4 just feels weird.

kirblar

So I have a super random execution question for FGC-GAF. I just recently noticed that with starting to play Tekken I'm having some minor issues with getting out some moves that involve pressing either 1+4 or both of those buttons right after each other. And I think the reason for this is that previously I've always used my thumb to hit the two bottom left buttons on a SF layout (LK and MK) while keeping my fingers on punch row.

Is this normal? Now that I think about it I believe that I see most players use just their fingers and no thumb when playing on stick. It just always felt natural to me when doing throw or focus attack to use my thumb on the bottom buttons. But having to cross my thumb under my pointer finger to hit 1+4 just feels weird.
This is pretty normal, but you really need to be using 1->index, 2-> middle, 3->thumb, 4-> ring for Tekken (and Anime-style games), I think.

This is pretty normal, but you really need to be using 1->index, 2-> middle, 3->thumb, 4-> ring for Tekken (and Anime-style games), I think.

Yeah, it makes sense that I'd want all four main fingers engaged. Just not the way that my hand it used to resting from too much SF. This is the first game that I've played with a four button box for default, I'd probably have the same issue with Persona 4 I imagine. I'll just have to get used to it.

Beckx

Back in the real world, kind of bummed. PAX was great.

• the "beat Jebailey for a poster" thing at the Divekick booth was hilarious, posing after wins, defending his record after losses, Jebaitin' the frauds.
  • Keits and the Iron Galaxy folks were super cool.
  • Most AAA stuff was duller than watching paint dry.
  • Battleblock Theater's basketball mode brings the hype. Better than Smash? Better than Smash, at least until Smash adds a giant Raccoon-Elk that eats the players.
  • Mike Ross is way shorter than I thought he'd be. Keep that in mind when you see him next to other players and they all look the same height.

Top Bottom