• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Nov 11-17 | EVO Champions Not Guaranteed

xCobalt

Got it to work with Cammy but the timing is very tricky. You have to do the Ultra during the recovery of the whiffed normal. Normal OS would be c.HP, qcfx2 HP but this OS you have to hit HP, wait till her arm retracts then qcfx2 HP. Too fast and nothing happens, too slow and ultra comes out after c.HP. My guess it's probably 1 to 3 frames before the recovery ends.

The opponent also have to press a button at a specific time to get the ultra to come out. I tried mashing c.lk during the OS didn't trigger the ultra. Was not in range to trigger block.

edit: you might have to be holding block during the recovery for it to work too

Wouldn't you have to do the OS during the active frames and not the recovery frames? In the video, if Cody's fierce hit, it would cancel into EX criminal upper. Unless I'm mistaken, you can't cancel moves during recovery.

Wouldn't you have to do the OS during the active frames and not the recovery frames? In the video, if Cody's fierce hit, it would cancel into EX criminal upper. Unless I'm mistaken, you can't cancel moves during recovery.

I can only do it on the recovery frames. I tried with Cody and I got the Ultra to come out but the EX criminal upper didn't when the c.hp landed. All I can say is that the timing is very tricky and I can only do this OS consistently with Cammy's c.HP. I can't do the OS with any of Adon's moves. It would be sick if I can OS s.HK with rising Jaguar so I can beat out people jumping over my whiffed s.HK or s.MK with HK Jaguar kick.

I watched the GSP fight yesterday with one of the lead testers of SF4 and MVC3. Really cool dude, we played some SF4 games after and I got bodied like usual. He said he's gonna pick up P4A so hopefully I'll have some local competition.

Shito

Yeah, he tried too many funky shits when he could have just killed easily...
He "overplayed" a bit, that's a shame. :/

Silky

Banned
Why are most modern fighting game stages shit. Playing Skullgirls has made me realize that AE, Marvel, Tekken, BlazBlue, and even KOF have pretty awful stages

Shito

Why are most modern fighting game stages shit. Playing Skullgirls has made me realize that AE, Marvel, Tekken, BlazBlue, and even KOF have pretty awful stages
P4A has some great stages, BB CP as well, Jojo has some AWESOME stages, and Overpass is great.

Also, I don't really like Skullgirls' stages...

Silky

Banned
P4A has some great stages, BB CP as well, Jojo has some AWESOME stages, and Overpass is great.

Also, I don't really like Skullgirls' stages...

JoJo: All Stars stages are pretty damn good for manga re-creation.

IDK Skullgirls give me a huge Art of Fighting vibe with it's detail and stuff

Clawww

A lot of the stages are just way too busy. I don't get the obsession with stages, especially in 2D games, with crowds of onlookers in the background.

Shito

Hmm, if anything I'd say we need to come back to those "busy" stages, with lots of animations and spectators in the background; KOF13's France stage is what we need more of. Nowadays we have quite a lot of empty and static backgrounds, lifeless.
Well, in my opinion at least. ^^

/says the guy who always pick the training stage when playing AE, not for performances reasons, but just for visual clarity...

Astarte

JoJo: All Stars stages are pretty damn good for manga re-creation.

IDK Skullgirls give me a huge Art of Fighting vibe with it's detail and stuff

I absolutely love Jojo ASB stages, but damn I wish there were at least 2 stages per part. (and Diego, god dammit CC2. Thanks for Baoh though)
Skullgirls does have something interesting in its stages. I'd say it's something more substantial than a battle near a volcano or near some scenic korean town.

Didn't one of the reviews near when Skullgirls released complain about how the stages in SG were too... something... and they didn't like it because of that?

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";90283298]I watched the GSP fight yesterday with one of the lead testers of SF4 and MVC3. Really cool dude, we played some SF4 games after and I got bodied like usual. He said he's gonna pick up P4A so hopefully I'll have some local competition.[/QUOTE]
Did you ask him about the patch?

xCobalt

As a matter of fact, it happens to him a lot.

I don't like that they put the last match of a set in window mode, instead of fullscreen like they do for all the other ones...

I don't think I've ever seen justin get EX tornado when going for U1. EX Snake Strike on the other hand...

Dai101

Banned
FGW | WELCOME THRILLHO

9dXht2S.gif

FGW | LED LIGHTNING! INTERNAL ACCESS! AUTHENTIC ARCADE PARTS!

FGW | Party like its 1994!

FGW | So Many Pretty Lights!

FGW | *Only at Select Stores*

FGW | Since Marvel won't give us updates, let's start our own comics!

Top Bottom