• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Nov 4-10 | I-No what that finger smells like [18+]

Nyoro SF

Fei Long one-framers are low short to low jab link and stand short to low jab link.

Unplinkable unless you get your stick specially wired for select button plinking.

Because of this Fei players like to go for stand jab to low jab link, but stand jab whiffs on 70% of the cast while they're crouching, so it's a nightmare. I have to print out an excel sheet of which chars that works on while I play online.

Dahbomb

Yea I was talking about cr.LK into cr.LP link which is what you generally want to be doing for hit confirms.

I guess you can plink that if you use the select button.

Yea I was talking about cr.LK into cr.LP link which is what you generally want to be doing for hit confirms.

I guess you can plink that if you use the select button.

You can also do stand jab into crouch jab to rekka which is a way easier link. But yea crouch short into crouch jab is one frame link, I think it's actually one of the easier 1 frame links for some reason

USD

The cr.LK/cr.LP to cr.LP link has a rhythm to it, so it's not too bad. You want to be able to hit it at least most of the time though, because the difference between landing a few lights and an actual combo into Rekka for Fei is huge.

The issue with st.LP is that on many crouching characters (including most shotos), it whiffs if they're in hit or block stun. From a neutral position, it will still connect on the vast majority of the cast, but otherwise, no go. Just know which characters you can use st.LP on and learn to confirm standing with cr.LK and it will make it a lot easier.

The nice thing is that Fei has a very short list of combos to learn. The key ones are crouching Rekka combo, cl.HP after HK/EX Rekku aka Chicken Wing (you can always opt for LP or LK after, but Rekku combos are Fei's highest damaging ones), combo from Tenshin (not overly difficult but still important) and counter-hit cr.MP into LP/EX Rekka. That last combo can be huge. Fishing for a CH cr.MP is one of the most frequent ways I get the Rekka I need to push the opponent into the corner.

The main thing I like about Fei though is that he's a punish monster. Not necessarily in the quality of his punishes, but the quantity. With his 3F cr.LP, 7F LP Rekka, and 10F HP Rekka, he can punish just about everything that's punishable (that doesn't require a super-fast Super/Ultra Combo). Whenever I play other characters there are a lot of cases of me thinking to myself, well Fei can punish that....

Fei Long is overall simple though, so he can get boring after a while.

alstein

Fei Long one-framers are low short to low jab link and stand short to low jab link.

Unplinkable unless you get your stick specially wired for select button plinking.

Because of this Fei players like to go for stand jab to low jab link, but stand jab whiffs on 70% of the cast while they're crouching, so it's a nightmare. I have to print out an excel sheet of which chars that works on while I play online.

Always wondered that if pro players are getting specially wired sticks- why not put an auto-plink in the game, could be done by having the game auto-hit select in link situations.

Would make the high-end game more accessible for mid-tier /non-dedicated players.

ScOULaris

So what is the deal with Wao? I've never even heard of him before, and now he's suddenly dominating all of Japan's top players handily with Oni? Where did he come from? Has he ever competed in any international tournaments before, or is he just a really talented online warrior?

Whatever the case may be, watching him makes me want to give Oni a shot. I'll probably be ass with him, though.

RIP Twitch next week.
Why?

DflwGQm.jpg

JDdelphin

Yeah, you would expect. Depends on what the lead platform is though.

Lets just say, going forward devs are going to have less excuses available for games not to perform as well. This gen was a lot of catch up IMO, next gen if you don't have your shit running at at least 720p60 people will riot, hence all the shit the X1 is getting.

Eh, the (main) Hobbits at least led the charge in some capacity.

Microsoft = Golem
Sony = Frodo
Nintendo = Merry & Pippen

......when was there a golem?

So what is the deal with Wao? I've never even heard of him before, and now he's suddenly dominating all of Japan's top players handily with Oni? Where did he come from? Has he ever competed in any international tournaments before, or is he just a really talented online warrior?

Whatever the case may be, watching him makes me want to give Oni a shot. I'll probably be ass with him, though.
Wao is a great player but I'm leaning towards match up unfamiliarity for these beatings he's putting down.

So what is the deal with Wao? I've never even heard of him before, and now he's suddenly dominating all of Japan's top players handily with Oni? Where did he come from?

Arcades.

There's a lot of talent in Japan that have no intention of leaving the country for Evo or something similar.

Infinite

Why?
Wao has always been a great SF4 player even during the days of vanilla where his Ken was a top 5 going by the Japanese arcade version ranking system. He was even invited out to a God's Garden. I guess in the west we may not be too familiar with him but as a former Ken main I was starving for Japanese high level play of the character and he's one of the players I came across. He didn't come from nowhere.

What's Sega Channel?

The first instance of digital distribution fucking us over, ensuring North America never got physical releases of Alien Soldier, Megaman Wily Wars, and Pulseman. Once the service got end-of-lifed, there was no legitimate way of playing the American versions on a Genesis.

What's Sega Channel?

Ah, to be young again~

Sega Channel was a digital distribution service for the Genesis. You put in a special cartridge into your Genesis that was connected to your cable line, and you would be able to play as many Genesis games as you wanted. I believe the games changed every...two weeks? It was so awesome.

Silky

Banned
Ah, to be young again~

Sega Channel was a digital distribution service for the Genesis. You put in a special cartridge into your Genesis that was connected to your cable line, and you would be able to play as many Genesis games as you wanted. I believe the games changed every...two weeks? It was so awesome.

Once again; Genesis Does.

Silky

Banned
PS+ kinda does this too, but it's not quite the same.

I'm reffering to the time frame where an Idea like this was established. It's amazing to see a lot of the ideas SEGA had in mind for it's products be implemented into their competiton's hardware.then, and now.

SEGA were visionaries.

I'm reffering to the time frame where an Idea like this was established. It's amazing to see a lot of the ideas SEGA had in mind for it's products be implemented into their competiton's hardware.then, and now.

SEGA were visionaries.

Oh I know. I was just saying in general.

The first instance of digital distribution fucking us over, ensuring North America never got physical releases of Alien Soldier, Megaman Wily Wars, and Pulseman. Once the service got end-of-lifed, there was no legitimate way of playing the American versions on a Genesis.

Ah, to be young again~

one man is salty and the other is very salty

Dahbomb

Fighting Games Weekly | Good luck watching streams this weekend
Fighting Games Weekly | RIP Twitch
These titles have nothing to do with actual fighting games.

References to Capcom Cup are needed because that is the most important thing that actually happened in the FGC this week.

Top Bottom