• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Oct 20-26 | RIP PushaTee88

There is iirc, they even mentioned that person coming out of round robin 2nd has to win 2 sets. Xian is going so, basically Daigo is in CC anyways.

Happy to stand corrected on the 2 sets.

However Daigo only goes if he wins. Xian is currently in on points and would convert to a "qualified" entrant. The next person on points isn't going to be Daigo.

Daigo was confirmed for 1st place in the round robin as soon as he got 1 game vs Poongko.

xian gonna let gackt win so he will face daigo in the grand finals

It's impossible for Gackt to be in grand finals. If he 3-0s Xian, Xian is still ahead on point differential.

Happy to stand corrected on the 2 sets.

However Daigo only goes if he wins. Xian is currently in on points and would convert to a "qualified" entrant. The next person on points isn't going to be Daigo.

Oh I thought Xian already won a qualifier. Thinking about it, I just remembered he was in the US just a few weeks ago.

Rainy

Banned
Xian should have just played out the match, who cares if Gackt gets 3rd or 4th, not like it matters in the point race.

No collusion drama.

capturet1s7l.png

Beesuit

Xian's response to collusion claims

https://twitter.com/XianMSG/status/526300459842023424

Despite what Xian said, according to the Capcom Pro Tour rules there is a $100 difference...http://capcomprotour.com/rules/
The rules page says
Prizes

(a) Premier Tournament Winners The Capcom Pro Tour will award a prize bonus of at minimum $2,000 dollars at every Premier Tournament. This will be shared among the top 8 placements in each Premier Tournament. Additional prizing will be awarded by the respective Tournament Organizer at each Premier Tournament.
1st Place $700
2nd Place $500
3rd Place $300
4th Place $200
5th-6th Place $100 (each)
7th-8th Place $50 (each)

Not sure if this counts as a Premire Tournament though. Xian says on Twitter everyone outside of top2 for the Asia Finals simply gets a Razer Atrox stick. I guess we'll eventually find out in due time how things are going to go down.

Rainy

Banned
Yeah I'm seeing that some people are saying the prizes could be different for this tournament so Xian might not be lying.

Edit: God r/kappa really brings out the pitchforks at the slightest thing.

pixelish

i agree 100% with what this r/kappa poster wrote

K-DST said:
So that was the epitome of a dead rubber match. Xian didn't screw over Poongko. In fact the only thing for Xian to do in that situation is to NOT play Gen in front of a watching Daigo. No collusion - call off the hounds.

However, somebody needs to take a serious look at the format for this tournament. Having Gackt vs Xian go last is begging for trouble. Not sure how they decided the schedule but somebody has to take charge and make sure that match goes first.
A little bit of common sense pls event organisers.

Beesuit

^If Xian really didn't want to play the match out, he should've just forfeited: http://sirlingames.squarespace.com/blog/2012/8/1/playing-to-win-in-badminton.html
The option prob wasn't running through his mind at the time, but it would've been the better decision to make imo.

I can see how Asia Finals could be considered in a league of it's own considering it's not an open bracket like the Premiere Tournaments and required qualification from other prior select CPT tournaments.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
This is bullshit he should play to the best of his ability.

"Collusion of any kind with your competitors is considered cheating. If the Tournament Director determines that any competitor is colluding to manipulate the results or intentionally underperforming, the collaborating players may be immediately disqualified. This determination is to be made at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director"

No one in Singapore will step up and stop this so I hope Capcom Cup runners do the right thing and remove Xian from Capcom Cup contention.

Even if there was a prize money difference, I have no problem with him not trying against Gackt.

It is a points format and the best move for him to win the whole thing, was to not show any Gen for Daigo. It was also in his best interest not to expend any mental energy. Daigo did exactly the same thing against Poongko.

It goes back to the old collusion discussions. Ultimately if the players are doing their best to win it, I don't care how they organise the money behind the scenes.

Yeah I don't really have an issue either and I'm usually the first to make a stink about this kind of stuff. It's why I don't like the large amount of EG players in the current Capcom Cup standings.

On Gamestartasia stream, waiting for the finals to start. Is anyone listening to what this guy is saying? It's kind of hilarious in a really awkward way.

On Gamestartasia stream, waiting for the finals to start. Is anyone listening to what this guy is saying? It's kind of hilarious in a really awkward way.

That head pat.

I just... I ... Ricky Gervais should be watching this shit and taking notes about cringe worthy entertainment.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
This is bullshit he should play to the best of his ability.

No one in Singapore will step up and stop this so I hope Capcom Cup runners do the right thing and remove Xian from Capcom Cup contention.
What you witnessed was an inherent flaw in the round robin format: in the later matches of a tournament, there tends to be at least a few literally meaningless matches where players have no incentive to win. Once Xian clinched the 2nd place spot, there was no reason for him to do anything to let Daigo get a read on him for the finals match.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
What you witnessed was an inherent flaw in the round robin format: in the later matches of a tournament, there tends to be at least a few literally meaningless matches where players have no incentive to win. Once Xian clinched the 2nd place spot, there was no reason for him to do anything to let Daigo get a read on him for the finals match.

Hey that does not make it right to do or even legal within the rules.

I can see this picking up steam to punish Xian. Will be interesting to see what happens (if anything.)

I'd prefer his spot go to someone else that does not partake in such behaviour.

Top Bottom