• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Oct 7-13 | Sharing magical moments in cyberspace

gutabo

El colusiono!
I'm peruvian, I know it's wrong, it should be "la conspiracion", "el complot" or something like that

Ghazi

El colusiono!
I'm peruvian, I know it's wrong, it should be "la conspiracion", "el complot" or something like that
I'm having so much fun with the mexican language in the chat today, I've been caps yelling things like el conspiracion and soy feo all day long looking like a moron. Hopefully this also counts towards my out of school spanish usage time for my college spanish class haha.

vulva

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";85957000]But I wanna take champ over chris G.[/QUOTE]

K, I'll do 1-1 with my money on Chris G

gutabo

I'm having so much fun with the mexican language in the chat today, I've been caps yelling things like el conspiracion and soy feo all day long looking like a moron. Hopefully this also counts towards my out of school spanish usage time for my college spanish class haha.

Heh, well don't forget el diablo, la bruja, el chupetin, no mames and many more!

Excuse me Neo? Why did he not break that?

Either he was expecting the japanese tech or EL COLUSIONO.

Dahbomb

There isn't anything fraudulent about Morrigan rushdown although her mix up under a lockdown assist is pretty brutal. Standing low into fly shell kick is really hard to block..

Dahbomb

Looks like ChrisG spent 15 mins in the lab to learn some better Vergil play and it paid off.

FChamp always talks about he doesn't care about Vergil but his whole team loses to Vergil. This was going to happen one day.

Real night and day performance from Canada Cup when FChamp didn't even let Vergil play for the most part.

SmokeMaxX

I thought Champ was solid. He just lost to Chris G.

I spotted three uncharacteristic "mistakes" in like 20 seconds. As, in my opinion, one of the smartest Marvel players out there- I just don't see why he'd do them.

1) Magneto gets a happy birthday with disruptor, does shockwave, DHC into stalking flare??? (Chaotic Flame probably would've guaranteed that Chris G slowed down on his assist calls)
2) FChamp gets a hit, launch, nothing???
3) FChamp had Dorm against Doom who got hit in the air by a pillar. Instead of doing another pillar and pretty much guaranteeing a chip death, he teleports up to doom for a mixup that as far as I remember wasn't even close to Doom.

To me, it didn't look like bad play. It looked like when he was intentionally throwing matches. Just my opinion though I guess.

I spotted three uncharacteristic "mistakes" in like 20 seconds. As, in my opinion, one of the smartest Marvel players out there- I just don't see why he'd do them.

1) Magneto gets a happy birthday with disruptor, does shockwave, DHC into stalking flare??? (Chaotic Flame probably would've guaranteed that Chris G slowed down on his assist calls)
3) FChamp had Dorm against Doom who got hit in the air by a pillar. Instead of doing another pillar and pretty much guaranteeing a chip death, he teleports up to doom for a mixup that as far as I remember wasn't even close to Doom.

To me, it didn't look like bad play. It looked like when he was intentionally throwing matches. Just my opinion though I guess.
I remember item 1 now. Caught me off guard when he did it. Chris G just rolled into stalking flare and took the chip. Champ must have been frazzled or something.

Stalking Flare DHC would have killed Vergil where the flame would have only done about 60%, but Champ made a bad read on the range and doing the pillar wouldn't have knocked vergil back into the flare.

He was having a couple execution errors, like the fucked up plink dash into magnetic tempest. I don't think he did nothing, it looked like he whiffed a jumping jab.

I think at that range if doom had teched forward he wouldn't have gotten hit by another pillar and might have been able to punish dorm. the crossup teleport wasn't a mixup, he was trying to make space to get a clean chip opportunity.

Dahbomb

FChamp only played at 90% power level to promote his Fighting Game Mastery video. Now he can go back to sandbagging so that his Dorm isn't nerfed in the upcoming Marvel patch.

gutabo

FChamp only played at 90% power level to promote his Fighting Game Mastery video. Now he can go back to sandbagging so that his Dorm isn't nerfed in the upcoming Marvel patch.
Now he can go back to sandbagging so that his Dorm isn't nerfed in the upcoming Marvel patch.
so that his Dorm isn't nerfed in the upcoming Marvel patch.
Dorm isn't nerfed in the upcoming Marvel patch.
nerfed in the upcoming Marvel patch.
upcoming Marvel patch
Marvel patch

QaInvja.gif

SmokeMaxX

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";85959856]Stalking Flare DHC would have killed Vergil where the flame would have only done about 60%, but Champ made a bad read on the range and doing the pillar wouldn't have knocked vergil back into the flare.

He was having a couple execution errors, like the fucked up plink dash into magnetic tempest. I don't think he did nothing, it looked like he whiffed a jumping jab.

I think at that range if doom had teched forward he wouldn't have gotten hit by another pillar and might have been able to punish dorm. the crossup teleport wasn't a mixup, he was trying to make space to get a clean chip opportunity.[/QUOTE]
You may be right. Just seemed very different than he usually plays from my POV. He's usually very clean but his play today seemed extremely messy.

Just got home from Coliseo. It was awesome, although Marvel wasn't as hype as it could've been since there were less people there because of the time.

Good shit Master, he's legit. I hope he starts traveling, he can get even better

Well good news then, his prize as the top ranking Mexican was a trip to EVO so at the very least he'll travel there.

jbug617

Banned
Why is the stick $200?

I think Mark said he is going to do a break down but I know the stick has led lights. I just know this isn't the most expensive stick Mad Catz made. The silent stick and the SFXT that connects were also around $200.

I want a stick for Xbox One but I need more fighting games to be announced (or a sale)

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";85958920]You know, I think I've lost a lot of money betting on FChamp the past year.[/QUOTE]

I've been telling you that for at least a year, yet you refuse to listen.

Top Bottom