• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Democratic National Committee Chair Debate on CNN tonight at 10 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefro

Tonight on CNN @ 10 moderated by Dana Bash & Chris Cuomo. Will add livestream link when it's up.

IO9EVXj.jpg

Click here for guide from NPR as to who's who.

zgPDIOz.png

Saturday's when the 447 DNC members will vote to decide their next chair, likely with multiple rounds of voting.

CNN said:
On Saturday in Atlanta, Democrats will chop the lowest-finishing contender from the list of candidates after each round of voting.
Candidates who sense they have no path to victory and drop out after the second or third ballot could play a major role in shifting momentum by publicly asking their supporters to embrace another candidate.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Just give it to Ellison already, he'll do fine and make the most people happy and we can get this over with and get the actual work done.

So what's the consensus, does GAF like who is running or do you wish someone else was up there?

Yeah I've been wondering about this. I've been really interested in Ellison. He seems like a better fit for the time than Perez, although I wouldn't be disappointed if Perez managed to get it.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Yeah I've been wondering about this. I've been really interested Ellison. He seems like a better fit for the time than Perez, although I wouldn't be disappointed if Perez managed to get it.

Perez is almost unquestionably more qualified on paper, but that doesn't make Ellison a bad pick if he's willing to learn which he certainly seems to be

Sinfamy

I don't think any one of them will have enough votes for a clear win.
There will be some backroom dealings, eventually it'll be between Perez and Keith.

thefro

Anyone have any idea on who is leading.

Either Tom Perez or Keith Ellison depending on the survey. The Hill reported Ellison was ahead in their survey, AP said Perez was up.

But I'm for Pete Buttigieg who could get in considering multiple ballots are going to happen.

Maxim726X

Need to move on from the establishment... They had their chance, and it didn't go well.

Ellison should be the next chair.

royalan

Ok then, Mayor Pete! Liked that answer.

He fine, too.

EDIT: You realize Ellison is part of the establishment, right?

I will have very little hope for the party if Perez wins. Progress will eventually find a way, but unless Ellison is chair I doubt that the Democrats will make the fundamental changes that they need to make.

royalan

I will have very little hope for the party if Perez wins. Progress will eventually find a way, but unless Ellison is chair I doubt that the Democrats will make the fundamental changes that they need to make.

Perez doesn't deserve this. He would be a very capable, progressive choice for the position.

I encourage you to research all the candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom