• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Democratic National Committee Chair Debate on CNN tonight at 10 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about the 14th amendment then? You telling me we'll never ratify another amendment?

Actually. Yes.

It's far more likely that due to terrible midterms that the Republican's will get enough state legislatures to call a Constitutional Convention to totally rewrite an even more conservative Constitution than states like Alabama, Wyoming, or even Michigan will have State Legislatures that will pass a campaign financing amendment.

kirblar

Thanks for responding to my concerns with "crazy" "insane" "fuck" and... "probably". Real great arguing there.
It's not other people's fault that your read of the intentions of a lifetime democratic politician w/ no need for money as "he's just doing it for the money" is completely ridiculous.

It's not other people's fault that your read of the intentions of a lifetime democratic politician w/ no need for money as "he's just doing it for the money" is completely ridiculous.
Now who's reading the intentions of a lifetime politician?

I guess I'm done with this thread. I'll take my insane conspiracy theories about the influence of money in elections out of this thread (about the problems with influence of money in elections). G'night!

Thanks for responding to my concerns with "crazy" "insane" "fuck" and... "probably". Real great arguing there.

When the shoe fits.

Next time maybe don't jump to the possibility that someone who works in lobbying (and like, there are many lobbyists who support many different candidates for many different races) means that Mayor Pete is somehow a secretly bought politician ready to destroy single payer from the inside. Money in politics is bad. One person supporting one candidate over another candidate is not.

Xe4

Banned
Someone said earlier that Pete would probably take away votes from Ellison, not Perez. In which case, supporting Perez would make little difference (or in fact, would probably embolden people to NOT support Perez, if anything).

I was just responding to that sentiment.
I find that a bit doubtful, given a lot of people who support Perez (using this thread as a case study) have been very impressed by Pete.

No doubt Dean, a previous chair, was as well. I suppose it's theoretically possible he threw support behind him in some crazy attempt to sabotage Ellison (because reasons), but it's far more likely he liked Buttigieg enough and saw him as someone with a lot of potential in the democratic party.

Not everything has to do with money. Everyone on that stage tonight, and Dean all care about the future of progressiveism and the democratic party more than any single policy they choose to enact.

Ad hominems are a logical fallacy. Address my argument, or ignore it. Being critical of Dean's influence and of public polling/whipping does not deserve this kind of personal attacking.

You've clearly memorized the term "ad hominem" but you sure don't seem to have a clue what it means. Hint: Just because someone insults you doesn't mean they committed an ad hominem fallacy.

Anyway, I'm not sure why you should expect people to engage with your argument when it involves such massive logical leaps and assumptions.

cdyhybrid

4nXjnud.jpg

AD HOMINEM

Pete Indiana Governor 2020.
Yeah, from the little I've read about him he'd be an invaluable asset as a Democrat Governor or Senator for Indiana. It's similar to how important Warren is in the senate as opposed to the white house people keep trying to pressure her into.

cDNA

Yeah, from the little I've read about him he'd be an invaluable asset as a Democrat Governor or Senator for Indiana. It's similar to how important Warren is in the senate as opposed to the white house people keep trying to pressure her into.
Maybe he don't want to do that and actually wants to be DNC chair.

Politico has a new article saying the Perez claim that he's 50 votes ahead is misleading and that the vote margin between he and Ellison is much narrower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom