• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Democratic National Committee Chair Debate on CNN tonight at 10 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just concerned that Chuck Schumer is thumbing for Ellison. Why? What is corrupt Wall Street puppet going to get out of it?

Schumer is one of those politicians who always tries to face the way the wind is blowing. He's only appearing to support Ellison because he believes Ellison is the one likely to win.

Kin5290

I'm just concerned that Chuck Schumer is thumbing for Ellison. Why? What is corrupt Wall Street puppet going to get out of it?
1) He could think that Ellison is the best choice for the Democratic Party
2) He's a friend of Sanders

Speaking of Mayor Pete, he's also the only chair candidate who joined a Women's March.

Also, it needs to be stated that no matter if Ellison, Perez, or Buttigieg wins, it doesn't matter. All of them have essentially the same plan for the Democratic Party, and the DNC chair has practically zero power.

I'm pro Ellison but I'm cool with Mayor Pete. Also SBB because she's from my state and I hope she can get out of here. She's also surprisingly uh attractive.

Perez feels to me like "everythingisfine dog" and the pick of people who are uninterested in serious reform for the party.

kirblar

I'm pro Ellison but I'm cool with Mayor Pete. Also SBB because she's from my state and I hope she can get out of here. She's also surprisingly uh attractive.

Perez feels to me like "everythingisfine dog" and the pick of people who are uninterested in serious reform for the party.
The reform needed at the DNC is in process, not policy.

Cause this is a position for old fogeys.

Because Ellison was the emerging consensus pick before Obama's camp threw their weight behind Perez.

This is the biggest reason I don't like Perez, and I am fully aware it's dumb to feel that way, but I harbor some resentment over the Obama camp watching the DNC whither away and that's rubbing off on Perez by association.

kirblar

This is the biggest reason I don't like Perez, and I am fully aware it's dumb to feel that way, but I harbor some resentment over the Obama camp watching the DNC whither away and that's rubbing off on Perez by association.
I'm with you on that. I think he'd probably do a fine job, but I'm wary of the motivations of the people backing him.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
clap.gif

So many Americans don't understand how the world works? If you're a member of an organization and have put in tons of work to support the organization, don't you think you're going to get connections and other advantages over someone who is an outsider and joined the organization mostly for convenience?

Did they miss how parties select candidates as of late? How the RNC does it? How almost anything in life works?

It just speaks to this naive notion that for the most part, people putting in the work and making connections aren't going to have an advantage over others when it comes to making decisions.
Fuck self serving politics.

Get this man on the road for a bigger job. He could have a great future ahead of him.

To do that he needs to win a bigger political office than mayor. The next big one that he could run for is governor in 2020. Unless the Democratic party asks Donnelly to not run for reelection next year (doubtful). He has time to both serve as the DNC chair and set his sights on a big political office down the road.

Kthulhu

STOP TAKING MONEY FROM NON-CITIZENS PEREZ! IT AINT FUCKING HARD!

PASS AN AMENDMENT TO GET ALL NON-CITIZEN MONEY OUT OF POLITICS!!!

Kin5290

This is dumb because Perez joined the Obama camp in 2013. He has nothing to do with Obama for America, and prior to being Secretary of Labor he was the Assistant AG responsible for whipping the DOJ Civil Rights Division into shape.

royalan

STOP TAKING MONEY FROM NON-CITIZENS PEREZ! IT AINT FUCKING HARD!

PASS AN AMENDMENT TO GET ALL NON-CITIZEN MONEY OUT OF POLITICS!!!

But Perez made a good point. He had a friend who wanted to work with the party but couldn't because he was a "lobbyist" even though he only had one client: he lobbied for a child focused, anti-tobacco organization.

These are complex questions without simple answers.

This is a rather ironic sentiment to espouse given its in defense of a man who only joined the party to avail himself of its resources.

Just sayin'.
Why do you presume I endorse that? Was that defense expressed on my post or you are wanting to project some us vs them onto my posts? Politics is social work, you engage in it cause you believe you can serve others for good, not serve yourself. That's what I think. Next time, you can just ask if you're curious.

Kin5290

But Perez made a good point. He had a friend who wanted to work with the party but couldn't because he was a "lobbyist" even though he only had one client: he lobbied for a child focused, anti-tobacco organization.

What also has a strong lobbying arm? Planned Parenthood.

This is dumb because Perez joined the Obama camp in 2013. He has nothing to do with Obama for America, and prior to being Secretary of Labor he was the Assistant AG responsible for whipping the DOJ Civil Rightd Division into shape.

Yeah I know, like I said my problem with Perez has nothing to do with him and is pretty much just because the Obama camp endorsed him. I'm being a bitter and would rather they just stay out of the decision completely because I feel like they caused a lot of this mess. I'm fully aware that's an oversimplification and I'm probably wrong in a few ways, though.

Kthulhu

No, you push for all money getting out. If the guys who wanna stop kids from smoking can lobby then that means the people who are trying to torture LBGT+ kids can too.

Stop all of it, period. I'm not saying do it unilaterally, that's why we need an amendment.

Obama put a lobbyist in charge of the FCC and he almost killed net neutrality. You can't trust lobbyist.

No, that's an extreme outlier response that opens a door to toxic interests to filter through. You nip it in the bud and say no wholesale to it. Sure, it isn't a 100% fair, but it is functionally fair and that's good enough.

royalan

No, you push for all money getting out. If the guys who wanna stop kids from smoking can lobby then that means the people who are trying to torture LBGT+ kids can too.

Stop all of it, period. I'm not saying do it unilaterally, that's why we need an amendment.

Obama put a lobbyist in charge of the FCC and he almost killed net neutrality. You can't trust lobbyist.

I get ya, and I agree. But this would also be the most undeniably, unimaginably dumbest fucking thing Democrats could do until there are laws on the books requiring Republicans to do it too.

Want to know why local Democrats have been getting slaughtered these last eight years? Because just as DNC money dried up, money flowing into the RNC surged.

A broke Democratic Party cannot fight Republicans.

kirblar

I get ya, and I agree. But this would also be the most undeniably, unimaginably dumbest fucking thing Democrats could do until there are laws on the books requiring Republicans to do it too.

Want to know why local Democrats have been getting slaughtered these last eight years? Because just as DNC money dried up, money flowing into the RNC surged.

A broke Democratic Party cannot fight Republicans.
Yup. DO NOT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT.

watershed

Banned
There are so many areas the democratic party needs to address, I honestly don't know which of these candidates is best to lead this effort. Democrats need to start winning state legislatures and governorships again.

shem935

Banned
Let's be honest: Mayor Pete threw his hat into the wrong completely understanding of the fact that he had no chance of winning. It's just a great way to raise his national profile.

And boy did he.
He did it so this all wouldn't be a relitigation of the primary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom