• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Announced (First on PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
apart from cloud.

Do you think they will stick to the Avent Children Style with the other characters/group members

FF7-Final-Fantasy-VII-font-b-Advent-b-font-font-b-Children-b-font-Game-Silk.jpg

banner_281.jpg

i don't like barrets design and costume

Tifa looks perfect same goes to Aerith
They'll hopefully keep them all the same as their original outfits except Tifa's hideous design.

I want her outfit remade to look like a waitress outfit. Giver her a white short sleeved T-shirt and black apron while she wears black shorts underneath.

New002

But that is ambiguous. People who want to buy this game don't know how long it will remain as a PlayStation 4 exclusive.

[PR spokesperson: "At this stage, we are just saying announcing the title, so it's very common, especially at this stage, to say it's coming and that it's coming to our platform.]

Ryan: What we're not doing is saying it's an outright exclusive, which I think is a subtle difference [compared] to what happened last year.

Good on Gamespot for pressing about the exclusivity. That was pretty refreshing to see.

Whoops. Quoted above already.

RPGCrazied

I hope they don't make a trailer for the Bombing Mission, I'll wake up the whole block with my incessant screaming.

I just want to see the other characters, how will Red XIII turn out? Cid? The Highwind airship? Holy shit.

They also make the Naruto games and made Asura's Wrath, and they have been doing a lot of hiring for massive scale development.

Lines up pretty well with this annoucement. Has to be true, cause I really can't see just SE doing this with all the other projects they got going on.

Hmmm interesting about Advent Children.

They've already made models for all the characters that probably all animate very well. In terms of assets, they could save a ton of time if they could reuse those assets.

i guess they will wait and see how Final Fantasy 15 performs on Xbox One & after that negotiate about the exclusivity

Kagari says Sony is putting money into this and it's not coming to Xbox. The whole "First on Playstation" thing is apparently about it possibly getting a PC release.

As I said before, I bet after the massively positive buzz they will probably lock it down as a full exclusive, don't be surprised if the wording changes to "Exclusively on PS4".

What if they come this winter say the release date is 2016? I know not possible, but just imagine. I can't even fathom that.

I think FFXV, FFVIIR, World of FF, KHIII(at least signs point to this possibly coming next year) and their new IP all coming out in the same year would be a bit overkill.

Kagari says Sony is putting money into this and it's not coming to Xbox. The whole "First on Playstation" thing is apparently about it possibly getting a PC release.

That's what I think is the case too. PC has been getting an increasing amount of Japanese support where as the Xbox One really hasn't.

When "First on Playstation" popped up, my first thought was literally that a PC version is coming later down the line. There's no reason, other then optimism at this point, to expect a XB1 version.

RPGCrazied

I think FFXV, FFVIIR, World of FF, KHIII(at least signs point to this possibly coming next year) and their new IP all coming out in the same year would be a bit overkill.

Probably right. I do hope for some more footage at least. Might just be an interview though with information.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Those interruptions in that interview definitely sound like Sony is trying to lock it down, the game must be already in production for just PS4 but they obviously have plans for a multiplatform release if Sony don't open their wallets.
those rumours of Sony funding it may be true but it's not finalised yet from the sounds of it.

squall211

What if they come this winter say the release date is 2016? I know not possible, but just imagine. I can't even fathom that.

If we can actually get the game released at some point in 2017 I think that would be a massive achievement. It's just not realistic to expect the game any sooner than that, not with XV and KH3 coming first (I'm assuming).

As I said before, I bet after the massively positive buzz they will probably lock it down as a full exclusive, don't be surprised if the wording changes to "Exclusively on PS4".

then why not announcining outright as an PC/PS4 exclusive??
I dont think Sony would have a Problem with the PC version if we look at Street Fighter and Shenmue....that would also kill the speculations about an Xbox Version

Kagari only said what she heard/what she thinks, but thats not an confirmation

i think this projekt is still in negotiations like Final Fantasy 15 that was planned as an Ps4 exclusive

Yup. It's been 10 years.

They still look great actually. But they look a bit plastic, and if they were to do them today they'd be on a higher level.

Yeah, they don't have the best skeletons for animation, nor do they have any kind of subsurface scattering going on skin-wise. Eyes and hair could be a lot better too.

SgtCobra

Those interruptions in that interview definitely sound like Sony is trying to lock it down, the game must be already in production for just PS4 but they obviously have plans for a multiplatform release if Sony don't open their wallets.
those rumours of Sony funding it may be true but it's not finalised yet from the sounds of it.
I think console exclusivity is a lock, but I guess they are still on the fence whether or not they should also release a PC version.

Bearpowers

Neo Member
I dont think Sony would have a Problem with the PC version if we look at Street Fighter and Shenmue....that would also kill the speculations about an Xbox Version

i think this projekt is still in negotiations like Final Fantasy 15 that was planned as an Ps4 exclusive

PC thing is probably true, Xbone's only Japanese support were multiplats announced around launch.

It also only really sells in the US and you can debated Britain, and most Japanese game enjoying gamers went with the Japanese console.

PC gamers are a wildcard, but there has been demand for Japanese games on PC for ages and people are ecstatic we're getting them.

Even if it was PS4/Xbone, I don't see it hitting large numbers on the bone.

It would be outsold like 10 to 1 on the PS4.

DJIzana

So CC2 will develop the game according to rumors? Dunno how I feel about that.

I don't think this is the case. I could be wrong... maybe it's one of the three titles they're working on but I really don't think it's the case.

I am definitely hoping on the titles they have is a new .Hack though. Make it PS4 only and make it look as good as KH3 does!

Sepiroth massacrating the soldiers at Shinra HQ
Nibelheim getting burned down

No way this won't be an 18+ Game....i guess

i hope they don't tone down the brutality

I want them to wring that shit dry. After the plate drops, have some corpses visible in the wreckage. Sad music playing. People crying and confused everywhere. A little kid who can't find their parents. An injured NPC crawling out from the wreckage and dying shortly thereafter ala CoD4's nuke scene.

Sephiroth/Jenova/Shinra scene should be straight out of a pure hard R-rated horror movie.

Nibelheim...don't even get me started.

Am I just being overly sadistic? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Here's how I see it. If there is no PC version yet but the plan is to port it after the PS4 release, you'd probably announce it as PS4 first. If the PC version is coming out in pretty close proximity or day of the PS4, then you'd probably announce it as console exclusive. But neither situation, nor the language used, indicates a XB1 version. Because they could have just as easily used language that they did for other games in the rest of their conference which was, "console debut."

So the language points me to the first option. The game is coming out on PS4. When it releases, they'll probably start working on a PC version.

My favorite moment of these reaction videos is when they see the gun arm and the buster sword and everyone's like "OH SHIT"

Throughout the trailer, I was constantly thinking "No, no, this isn't happening, there's no possible way this is actually going down", and then the moment Barret's gun arm came into view I lost my shit.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Mmm. Things are very early in typical SE fashion.

Bearpowers

Neo Member
Here's how I see it. If there is no PC version yet but the plan is to port it after the PS4 release, you'd probably announce it as PS4 first. If the PC version is coming out in pretty close proximity or day of the PS4, then you'd probably announce it as console exclusive. But neither situation, nor the language used, indicates a XB1 version. Because they could have just as easily used language that they did for other games in the rest of their conference which was, "console debut."

So the language points me to the first option. The game is coming out on PS4. When it releases, they'll probably start working on a PC version.

The PC version would be done on PS4 release probably, not much work to do.

Waiting a few months though is a good idea anyway, to maximize sales of the impatient but capable of piracy.

Even with piracy taken into account, this will sell well on PC but making the desperate ones quickly buy it on PS4 or even but this and a PS4 is best to maximize sales.

Raynes

I want them to wring that shit dry. After the plate drops, have some corpses visible in the wreckage. Sad music playing. People crying and confused everywhere. A little kid who can't find their parents. An injured NPC crawling out from the wreckage and dying shortly thereafter ala CoD4's nuke scene.

Sephiroth/Jenova/Shinra scene should be straight out of a pure hard R-rated horror movie.

You will get offscreen/implied massacres to meet the PG-13 criteria and you will like it.

DJIzana

Nothing. I just don't usually associate them with high profile games. In this case an FF7 remake. Not sure how I feel about it. I could see S-E developing internally and bringing them in like S-E did with Hexadrive and FF15.

Yeah, it does ensure the game will be made at least.

I'd say .Hack on PS2 was a pretty high profile game for its time. Heck, even the Naruto fighting games I'd consider high profile.

nah i want this aswell. With HD Graphics you can stress out the brutality and the dark moments of this game

Yeah that sounds reasonable.
But makes me wonder why Sony isn't confirming that there wont be an xbox Version like Jim Ryan didn't do on that interview
Saying FF7 wont come on Xbox for such a huge game would still be big news.

But thats just my view...im probably wrong on that. Im not expecting a Xbox One Version aswell. but it would be nice if they could talk more about it in the Winter

jiggle

Hmmm interesting about Advent Children.

They've already made models for all the characters that probably all animate very well. In terms of assets, they could save a ton of time if they could reuse those assets.
No way they won't remodel everything again
I think the artists at visual works must really enjoy doing it
CC, AC, Dissidia all had dif ones
I think DC is the only game that recycled them

But if they are gonna reuse any
I vote for CC cloud
4tOIGiL.jpg

although dat Aeris is rather unfortunate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom