• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Announced (First on PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
it would be nice if they tackled those moments they had in CC, except the ending, him fighting grunts in the ending of CC isnt the problem, its that its this ridiculous armythrowing everything at him, its ridiculous, i hope that when they do decide to tackle that they change it to at least a platoon of grunts that he has to deal with, show that hes visually tired going from nibelheim, all the way to midgar, show that the trip carrying a guy thats pratically a vegetable while fighting shinra along the way took its toll on him, and i hope his actual death is handled more similarly to the one in FF7, with him going up to cloud to see if hes alright, getting shot, preferably by a sniper for example, and then a couple grunts coming out of hiding and one of them filling him with bullets, then turning to cloud and deeming him a non issue, no last speech to cloud, no inheriting dreams bull, just a guy in the last seconds of his life, seeing his friend reaching up to him and then die, have then cloud pick up the buster sword, give a final look to zack, and then scream

While this has been discussed to death earlier, I enjoyed the ridiculousness of Zack's Last Stand in CC. I prefer it too the original. That being said, and I'll say it again, I'm sure they will yet again find a different way to portray Zack's final moments in the remake.

anaron

Yes, I know. I'm saying it makes no sense she doesn't know Zack died. Given her powers.
well the game illustrates that she heard voices growing up but that it fluctuated based on where she was and if she actively embraced communicating with them.

I imagine her direct link to Elymra is what enabled her to learn that someone "close to you has passed away"

Shinra soldiers were so memorable..
ugh why did change it? I hate their new look across the compilation.

how can you say this when the entire compilation failed to capture anything about 7 and was generally an enormous disservice to virtually everything about the original?

The Compilation was an attempt at trying different stuff with different genres on different platforms (you can thank Yoichi Wada who invented the whole 'polymorphic content' philosophy). This is a remake of the original FFVII with 3 out of 4 of the original creative minds.

Shinra soldiers not looking like shinra soldiers is what is wrong.

Except you don't know if they are Shinra soldiers.

So have you guys talked about how they might tackle the whole Mr. Dolphin thing?

They'll destroy it, like most memorable scenes.

The Compilation was an attempt at trying different stuff with different genres on different platforms (you can thank Yoichi Wada who invented the whole 'polymorphic content' philosophy). This is a remake of the original FFVII with 3 out of 4 of the original creative minds.

What other soldiers exist in the VII universe that could be in Midgar?

So have you guys talked about how they might tackle the whole Mr. Dolphin thing?

Like this, but with less smiling, more spiky hair, and one dolphin.

Dolphin-Rocket-Ride.jpg

Skilletor

well the game illustrates that she heard voices growing up but that it fluctuated based on where she was and if she actively embraced communicating them.

I imagine her direct link to Elymra is what enabled her to link to her husband.

Sure. But she was much older when Zack died, and had a direct link to him, and I can't see her denying that communication.

Seems a silly plot contrivance to me. Doesn't seem outside of the realm of possibility that she would know Zack died.

anaron

those are absolutely Shinra soldiers

Turin

Banned
I'm not worried in the slightest they know how important this is and love the game as much as we do. I know they plan to stay as faithful as they can all the while adding a new experience for newcomers.

Yeah. I mean, purists are going to have an aneurysm no matter what happens.

But I think Nomura and co. know what they're dealing with here. I also think Nomura in particular isn't one to pander to anybody.

Godcannon

We really don't have enough information to make that call.

It's gotta be Shinra Soldiers or at the very least Biggs and Wedge( edit:it would be Jessie not wedge, and I do think that's them.) in Shinra uniforms for the beginning mission.

Upon second watching, right after the soldiers it showed a helicopter that reminded me of the one Reno and Rufus get away on.

-Ryn

Banned
It always sound like Zack decides they are friends after what they went through, not that they were friends previously.They certainly don't act like friends in the real flashback.
It's an interesting interpretation, but I think the original implication was always pointing more towards them being friends. When examining the original itself, Zack interacted with Cloud more than anyone else. Cloud was previously established to be more reserved as well as very nervous about returning to his hometown so it makes sense that he was a bit tight lipped. If I recall correctly Cloud says something along the lines of "I created it based on stories I heard from my friend Zack and my own memories" during his explanation to everyone on the Highwind as well.

The Angeal part happens after Cloud has left. So I always thought the game left it ambiguous as to whether it was literal or a metaphor or a final hallucination.
This is true.

I never questioned it since in Advent Children Kadaj dies in a similar way. However that could've totally been the case.

I enjoyed Cloud's portrayal in CC, their friendship seemed really natural. One of the lightest portrayals of Cloud. Love the scene where Zack put his hand on Cloud's shoulder and tells him if he wants to become a SOLDIER, he has to "hang in there."

Cloud idolized Sephiroth as a child, as most kids did, and dreamed of becoming a SOLDIER. Instead he befriends a different SOLDIER who was a more positive role model.
Cloud and Zack's friendship was probably the best part of Crisis Core imo. Wish it had gotten more focus.

Crisis Core for all its flaws, had some genuinely good writing in some areas.

Yeah. I mean, purists are going to have an aneurysm no matter what happens.

But I think Nomura and co. know what they're dealing with hear. I also think Nomura in particular isn't one to pander to anybody.

Exactly, I think they know what they're doing and will try their best.

This article explores the different possibilities: (skip to "Right, now we get to the really...")

http://thelifestream.net/news/final.../visual-breakdown-of-ffvii-remake-e3-trailer/

tl;dr:
They might be Biggs and Jessie.

It's a possibility as they are wearing red bandannas on their arms.

wmlk

The Dolphin on the girls shirt and the fact that 7th Heaven is still a Texas style bar has fully convinced me that they might have an idea of what they are doing.

That dolphin thing especially is reaching deep.

I wanna know who directed the trailer.

It's obviously Nomura directing it. In interviews, he talks about the creative process behind it.

Is there a comparable remake in gaming, movies?

TN: If I say anything, then that could reveal too much. If I say, "It's a bit like this," you'll suddenly think: "Ah well, then that's going to turn out just like that." In the trailer, at the end, I try to reference that: "The reunion at hand may bring joy, but it may bring fear. But let us embrace whatever it brings."

From the Engadget interview. He's a mastermind when it comes to trailers. I don't know what to make of his directorial work for mainline FFs yet, though.

I mean, the guy's trailers were so good, he caused an outcry over a character we barely knew anything about being rewritten.

It's obviously Nomura directing it. In interviews, he talks about the creative process behind it.

From the Engadget interview. He's a mastermind when it comes to trailers. I don't know what to make of his directorial work for mainline FFs yet, though.

Yeah, the fact that it's filled with symbolism and references is a dead giveaway. Although I do hope Jun Akiyama is involved with the remake.

There digs look far too makeshift to be military digs for the world's global superpower.

Then again it's not like military personnel are entitled to top of the line gear.

Ishida

Banned
I think these are shinra soldiers from the Remake:

TxdiOh1.png

Well, they are carrying swords, which makes me think they are definitely members of SOLDIER. Normal Shin-Ra grunts did not carry swords, and neither did AVALANCHE members.

However, SOLDIER did not carry guns either.... Maybe they are Wutai army infiltrators...?

Members of Avalanche is what I reckon.

I think it's Biggs and Jessie redesigned. They wear a red bandana like the originals (although not on the same spot). Biggs had a beard in the original art. While the character behind him doesn't have any obvious feminine feature (aside maybe from being a bit slim), SE for some reason felt like hiding the character's face unlike the other character.

Well, they are carrying swords, which makes me think they are definitely members of SOLDIER. Normal Shin-Ra grunts did not carry swords, and neither did AVALANCHE members.

However, SOLDIER did not carry guns either.... Maybe they are Wutai army infiltrators...?

I don't see their swords?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
It's clearly Solid Snake and Grey Fox on their way into Outer Heaven. Duh.

BocoDragon

I remember being confused about Jesse's gender back in the day. I think it switched in my mind, mid playthrough. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if there was some badly translated dialogue that added to the confusion.

Kojima confirmed for working on FF7R
I'd be fine with that lol.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Members of Avalanche is what I reckon.
I think so too.

E32015-vb-sneaking-men.jpg

Avalanche in BC

15-BC-AVAL-art.jpg

Shin-ra MPs in CC

13-Shinra-art.jpg

They look too much like guerrilla soldiers to be official military personnel.

Since they both have red arm bands I'm also thinking AVALANCHE.

Highly doubt that's Biggs, Jessie, or Wedge because I feel like there designs would be closer to there oldones.

It wouldn't make sense for Barret and Cloud to be in line with the first game but not them.

I mean I know they were minor characters, but their designs were unique.

I thought Tifa was Barret's girlfriend at first, but Jessie's gender seemed clear to me.

I also thought Tifa was Marlene's mom.

BocoDragon

Since they both have red arm bands I'm also thinking AVALANCHE.

Highly doubt that's Biggs, Jessie, or Wedge because I feel like there designs would be closer to there oldones.

It wouldn't make sense for Barret and Cloud to be in line with the first game but not them.

I mean I know they were minor characters, but their designs were unique.
Avalanche seemed like 5 people in the original, and I can't think of instances otherwise..?

But I wouldn't be surprised if they expanded Avalanche into being an expanded rebel group in a remake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom