• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Announced (First on PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cagey

Banned
And a Summon(Titan or Ramuh) in the ruined reactor.

Right, that too.

I vividly remember missing the Time materia because that first playthrough, having never played an RPG before, I just kept chugging ahead storywise. I wound up supremely underleveled when I encountered the Demon's Gate in the Temple of the Ancients. He killed me so many times in a row and so easily that I borrowed a friend's strategy guide. The guide said "cast Haste at start of battle on whole party" and I couldn't find the "Haste materia" in my inventory and freaked out. It didn't help that I was 11 and didn't know what the word Haste meant.

I sat there with a calculator set to 10,000, the boss's HP, and would pause and literally subtract every single damage point I did as the battle went on, to monitor where I was at and what to do next.

Took me an entire weekend to beat him.

My memories of playing this game for the first time are so vivid and make me feel so warm and fuzzy even though it's been nearly 20 years.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Here is an interesting question I've been wondering about:

Square announced this so far ahead of time to help spur the japenese home console market back to life.... Yet they did so at an American conference, with an English voice over. Doesnt that seem kinda odd? I mean I always figured one of the reasons the home console market is suffering in Japan is the fact its being dominated by Western titles, so why announce the game in a western environment using a western voice over?

Is it because FF7 is a bigger seller in north america than it is anywhere else? If thats the case, could this (hopefully) mean the english voice over will take priority as the primary language (thus removing a lot of awkward sounding dubbing issues)??

I'd be ecstatic if the English VO was the primary one used for pacing/lipsyncing/design.

Here is an interesting question I've been wondering about:

Square announced this so far ahead of time to help spur the japenese home console market back to life.... Yet they did so at an American conference, with an English voice over. Doesnt that seem kinda odd? I mean I always figured one of the reasons the home console market is suffering in Japan is the fact its being dominated by Western titles, so why announce the game in a western environment using a western voice over?

Is it because FF7 is a bigger seller in north america than it is anywhere else? If thats the case, could this (hopefully) mean the english voice over will take priority as the primary language (thus removing a lot of awkward sounding dubbing issues)??

I'd be ecstatic if the English VO was the primary one used for pacing/lipsyncing/design.
I think that's a bit of a stretch. Announcing it there was probably Sony's call, not Square's

Go_Ly_Dow

I would love it if they went full orchestra/symphony like they did in the Crisis Core credits music for key tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHQCeR8-FoQ

Listen to it all, but especially the FF7 battle theme at 3:57 and then Aeriths theme directly after.

Tear inducing ;_; and more powerful than the Advent Children version.

Who agrees!?

shiyrley

Banned
Is it confirmed for PC already? I would assume it's PS4 & PC and maybe no One release because Sony, I would be really surprised if it doesn't come out on PC, but it's always good to have confirmation and be able to relax

Finished the Cosmo Canyon section in Disc 1 on my lunch break.

The Canyon and some of the cave enemies are great for grinding your Materia, using double growth weapons and accessories. They can be easily taken out with a single summon.

Is it confirmed for PC already? I would assume it's PS4 & PC and maybe no One release because Sony, I would be really surprised if it doesn't come out on PC, but it's always good to have confirmation and be able to relax
Officially it's only confirmed for PS4 for now. Other platforms are likely still in discussion

Play it first on PS4, nothing confirmed outside of that.

shiyrley

Banned
Officially it's only confirmed for PS4 for now. Other platforms are likely still in discussion
Well, it's confirmed for PS4 and "other platforms", otherwise it would not be "first on PS4." What we need is confirmation of which other platforms the game will be released on.

Miang

I would love it if they went full orchestra/symphony like they did in the Crisis Core credits music for key tracks.

Listen to it all, but especially the FF7 battle theme at 3:57 and then Aeriths theme directly after.

Who agrees!?

I love that track, probably my favourite from the CC soundtrack. Gives me chills!

I'd love something like that for the remake.

Well, it's confirmed for PS4 and "other platforms", otherwise it would not be "first on PS4." What we need is confirmation of which other platforms the game will be released on.

Source? I've only seen it announced as "Play it first on PS4". It's obviously gonna be on different platforms, you just gotta wait till they divulge that information.

Terra

Tomorrow I am jumping back into the STEAM-version for the first time in 10 years.
Are mods something worth looking into? In case of yes. What mods?

AmanoBuff

Who agrees!?

So good. The CC soundtrack does an amazing job of conveying the melancholy of Zack's journey all throughout the game.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I wonder how they'll do the Midgar Zolom if the world map area ends up being something that is at a proper scale to your character

gives a great chance to expand that area and make it more of a challenge to get past. Maybe make the swamp land into its own little area with a new story.

Thorgal

Guys get it right : it will come out on PS4 first , and then on Nintendo's NX to make amends for the betrayal of the original game not coming to the SNES/N64. :p

Who agrees!?

The battle theme in particular is really good. Don't quite like that rendition of Aeris' theme.

Pachimari

Some of the dialogue is cringe worthy, but I highly prefer the CC version of Zack's death. Yes it was overly melodramatic but this is FF.
Oh FUCK.

Having never played FFVII, and Crisis Core being a favorite of mine, it sucks I just read the ending, when all I hadn't done yet was the final boss of that game.

Ugh. Guess I can blame myself being in a FFVIIR thread. :(

Kain

Oh FUCK.

Having never played FFVII, and Crisis Core being a favorite of mine, it sucks I just read the ending, when all I hadn't done yet was the final boss of that game.

Ugh. Guess I can blame myself being in a FFVIIR thread. :(

Ehm... why would you play CC before VII? Honest question.

You know the FFVII battle theme was decent at best, it got the job done. I found FFIX and FFX both to have superior battle themes.

The boss battle theme, and Jenova's theme are some of the best boss themes period. Both incredible memorable. Hell Aeris theme playing over the second Jenova fight was such a gut punch.

The voice acting in this remake is going to be much better than what is found in Kingdom Hearts, right?

I'm now playing KH2 and the voices of Aeris, Yuffie and Cid are awful.

Pachimari

Ehm... why would you play CC before VII? Honest question.
It have been a few years but because it was a more bit sized experience. One I felt I could get through, compared to the mainline games which can be overwhelming. While I also loved the idea of a portable 3D Final Fantasy back then.

I will probably get to FFVII on PC, when I have completed my current run of FFVI on Android, Crisis Core on PSP and FFXIV ARR main scenario on PC.

Pagusas

Elden Member
It have been a few years but because it was a more bit sized experience. One I felt I could get through, compared to the mainline games which can be overwhelming. While I also loved the idea of a portable 3D Final Fantasy back then.

I will probably get to FFVII on PC, when I have completed my current run of FFVI on Android, Crisis Core on PSP and FFXIV ARR main scenario on PC.

Thats like watching the Star Wars Prequels before the Original Trilogy :(

Pachimari

Thats like watching the Star Wars Prequels before the Original Trilogy :(
I'm not even sure I have seen the whole original trilogy, while I have seen the prequels.

But when I first saw Cloud in Crisis Core it had a huge huge huge impact on me. At the time I didn't really expect him to show up, and Cloud were like a legend to me because I have never played FFVII and only heard about him.

Pachimari

You must have been born in the mid 90s or early 2000s.
I'm from the late 80s though. :)

What's wrong with you? xD
I haven't seen Terminator 1, Back to the Future or other high profile movies either. Haven't seen Matrix 2 and 3. But I'm gonna do something about that.

I won't derail the thread further. I just feel bummed out knowing about Zack's fate now. Who happens to be one of my favorite Final Fantasy characters.

This baffles me. you play Crisis Core first, and have seen all of the Star Wars prequel trilogy. Yet you are old enough to appreciate the superior products of FFVII and the original Star Wars trilogy, yet have not.

My mind...

I haven't seen Terminator 1, Back to the Future or other high profile movies either. Haven't seen Matrix 2 and 3. But I'm gonna do something about that.

I won't derail the thread further. I just feel bummed out knowing about Zack's fate now. Who happens to be one of my favorite Final Fantasy characters.

...WHAT?

Go see Back to the Future now, As for the Matrix 2 and 3... ehh...

Also I love all the Star Wars references in FFVII: Bigs and Wedge, Anakin for those who know what I'm talking about.

Meowster

Playing CC first would completely negate Cloud's whole development and triviliaze it into "Zack's living legacy." It would be best to play it afterword, to see what Cloud was like as a young teenager, and to learn about the man who saved him.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Whoa, you just blew my mind with Anakin.
Anagram for Nanaki, Red XIII's real name.
th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom