• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

If they keep in line with JP, the story events will get an increase in Lapis because that'll be the main source of free currency for vet players. They become even more attractive events as a result.

EDarkness

You can skip the story if you don't care to watch it. If/when the time comes that you want to awaken an ability on a character you like, you're going to be regretting not getting the just-above-zero-effort crysts that come from this event. Especially since you don't TM macro, ability awakenings are going to be a proportionally larger power upgrade for you.

To each their own, but leaving the crysts on the table seems like a really bad idea to me.

I don't know. The enhancement system is way too grindy and doesn't seem worth it to me. The crystals take up an insane amount of space for something that may or may not be used. I guess I can see the idea of having them around "just in case". I looked at the enhancement system when it was first announced and on the Japanese site to see some of the future enhancements for characters and the whole thing seems underwhelming to me.

Working through the awful story...ugh. I don't even want to think about it.

Shouta

I don't know. The enhancement system is way too grindy and doesn't seem worth it to me. The crystals take up an insane amount of space for something that may or may not be used. I guess I can see the idea of having them around "just in case". I looked at the enhancement system when it was first announced and on the Japanese site to see some of the future enhancements for characters and the whole thing seems underwhelming to me.

Enhancement system is not underwhelming. It's extremely worth it. In many cases, the effects you gain from it are close to 2x what you're getting right now out of characters. Ramza gains twice his effectiveness as a buffer for example while characters like Randi are powered up even further than that.

tuffymon

Do remember, that if we have more line up with anniversary, we'll get +50 space (for everything)

jnWake

Only issue I have with enhancement system is that some lesser characters like Seven get interesting upgrades that nobody gets because they don't make the character OP but compete with upgrades that do make characters OP.

IMO, enhancements for 4* units shouldn't require T5 crysts unless they are insane. That's why we only have one madman with Dual Wield Medius here.

Oooh all kinds of good stuff! Did a daily for the first time in a while, CoD... boooo. Probably gonna pass on this one since there are good ones coming finally (though I do have Tilith already)

Didn't get to do a whole lot of the new story mission thing yet but I like what I've seen so far. Slept for 2 hours last night and then had to take my wife (Bunches) to the ER at 2am and we were there for 17 hours cause she had to get her appendix removed suddenly. All is well and back home finally, time for some sleep!!!

Damn, glad all is well bro!

Shouta

Oh crap, next banner in JP is going to feature Season 2 Fina. Of course, she'll have a CG LB too.

A new round of enhancements are coming too including Prishe, Rikku, and Swimsuit Majin Fina, lol

They're doing a 1.5 EX point campaign too for folks that buy Lapis. Dammit. >=|

Shouta

Enhanced Rikku will be more broken than Ramza, mark my words.

Going on what they're enhancing, maybe? However, I doubt it.

JP Enhancements are

Swimsuit Majin Fina:

Ultima +1: Decreased MP cost (Large)
Ultima +2: Ignore Target Magic Defense (Large) aka ignore spirit, Increased Number of Hits (Med)

Retaliate +1 Increased chance to activate (Small)
Retaliate +2: Chance to increase Magic when Retaliate Activates

Physical Fall +1: Decreased MP Cost (Med), Magic & Spirit down
Physical Fall +2: Increased Attack, Defense, Magic, and Spirit Down (Small)

Prishe:

Tornado Kick +1: Ignore Target Defense (Large), Prishe Special gains All Elements Imperial.
Tornado Kick +2: After using Prishe Special, use Prishe Special for 1 more turn

Will of Life (Reraise) +1: Increased duration (Large)
Will of Life (Reraise) +2: Increased duration (Large)

Teni Muhou (Passive) +1: MP Up
Teni Muhou (Passive) +2 Increased Attack & Spirit while equipped with a claw weapon (Small), Increased Attack & Spirit with a Hat

Swimsuit Fina:

Instant Cure +1: Chance to Heal increased (Small)
Instant Cure +2: Heal Amount Up (Very Large), When taking physical attacks, chance to increase Spirit

Raise +1: Amount of HP Revived Increased (Large)
Raise +2: Amount of HP Revived Increased (Large)

Cheer +1: Decreased MP Cost (Med)
Cheer +2: Attack & Defense Rate up (Med)

Setzer:

Double Dice +1: Increased MP Cost (Very Large), Increased Chance to deal High damage (small)
Double Dice +2: Increased MP Cost (Very Large), Low Damage decreased (small), High Damage Increased (Very Large)

Bloody Card +1: Decreased MP Cost (med)
Bloody Card +2: Damage UP (Very Large)

Quick Gamble +1: MP Up, Increased chance to evade certain types of physical attacks (Med)
Quick Gamble +2: MP up when equipped with a throwing weapon

Rikku:

Mix +1: Adds more more usable abilities
Mix +2: Adds duration (small)

Tidal Wave +1: Damage Up (Med)
Tidal Wave +2: Increased number of hits (small)

Drive Boost +1: Increased Attack when equipped with a Claw/H2H weapon, Increased MP when equipped with a Light Shield
Drive Boost +2: MP and Attack Up (Med)

Werei:

Stonefall +1: Damage Up (Med), Decreased MP cost (Med)
Stonefall +2: Damage Up (Med),

Swordsman +1: HP Up, Attack Increased when equipped with an Axe
Swordsman +2: Attack Up (Large)

Doublehand +1: Attack up (Small)
Doublehand +2: Attack up (Small)

Victoria:

Overflow +1: Decrease MP Cost
Overflow +2: Damage Up (med). Multiple Cast Damage up (Med)

Meteor +1: Number of Hits up (Med)
Meteor +2: Damage Up (Med)

Passive +1: MP up
Passive +2: Magic up (small)

Prishe, Setzer, Victoria, and Rikku are the ones I'm interested in, especially Prishe's because she's a favorite unit of mine. She might be able to use Prishe Special at least two turns in a row thanks to that buff and depending on how powerful the imperil is, it could be real nice. My insane dream would be the imperil is 100% to all elements in exchange for the time it takes to setup Prishe Special.

Visceir

Gacha Fina's LB
yrtlNvA.gif

Alkez

Well good to know Cleveland didn't get swept. The way this series could have been 2-2 as well.

Do you have Warrior of Light? In 2019 when his enhancements roll out

Lmao!

Didn't get to do a whole lot of the new story mission thing yet but I like what I've seen so far. Slept for 2 hours last night and then had to take my wife (Bunches) to the ER at 2am and we were there for 17 hours cause she had to get her appendix removed suddenly. All is well and back home finally, time for some sleep!!!

Damn. Glad everything worked out​ and she's alright :)

Kouriozan

Almost done with the event, only 2 map left but please tell me there is a T4 support cryst in the last map since I only got one and I saw in the Japanese version that there were 2 of them.

Daily pull: Anzelm

Ugh... what is up with my luck this banner? It's like the rates of BE past have come to haunt me.

This is my punishment for showing rastraint and not pulling last banner. I'm done here. Not pulling anymore. It's been nothing but old units the last 2 days. Not even a 3* banner unit yet in ~20 pulls.

tuffymon

Yes I got the one from The Gathering map and saw the next one not having it so I hoped the last map would have "Woods of Miasma", gotta look the JP wiki now.

Scroll down, and the link to the woods of miasma is there... remember the event is the gathering, and theres a world called the gathering, i linked the main page~

Valentus

whew this reddit drama

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6ge70d/subreddit_recent_events_selfpromotion/

good thing we have tuffy's ling for solo carries

Meh, you can get subs without the help of that community. My channel even have more subs than most of the usual people that post their videos on reddit. (BECAUSE I HAVE THE BLESSING OF EXVIUSGAF, THE BEST COMMUNITY)

When i was just starting i posted my videos on the sub too, but my posts were deleted 2 times and said "fuck reddit, im going to do it myself" and here i am...

tuffymon

Meh, you can get subs without the help of that community. My channel even have more subs than most of the usual people that post their videos on reddit. (BECAUSE I HAVE THE BLESSING OF EXVIUSGAF, THE BEST COMMUNITY)

When i was just starting i posted my videos on the sub too, but my posts were deleted 2 times and said "fuck reddit, im going to do it myself" and here i am...

He's promoting himself, quick ban him >.>; :p

Some of these Gathering missions really aren't working for me. Like some that start with LB kills, I just can't get my LB by then. Getting most of the Giancrysts I can though and all abilities and gear.

Daily pull was trash again. I'm probably gonna just pass on this banner for now since my luck has been awful.

Some of these Gathering missions really aren't working for me. Like some that start with LB kills, I just can't get my LB by then. Getting most of the Giancrysts I can though and all abilities and gear.

Daily pull was trash again. I'm probably gonna just pass on this banner for now since my luck has been awful.

For LB crystals make sure you are solo targeting to kill the enemies. Daily pull was a Camille. Meh. 31 pulls 2 Camille and that's it. On to Anniversary as I will be skipping the BF banner if that's next.

Lyrian

How much atk is the earth sword?

60 ATK

CG Fina doesn't look that different rip.

She's literally DFina with her hood down, minus the whip, while wearing LFina's white prayer shawl.

For LB crystals make sure you are solo targeting to kill the enemies. Daily pull was a Camille. Meh. 31 pulls 2 Camille and that's it. On to Anniversary as I will be skipping the BF banner if that's next.

Adding to this. Unlike normal story missions, limit bars carry between levels. So, do what Hippo said and single target trash mobs to buy turns to fill up everyone LB (and esper) bar. Then, save the filled LB bars until needed and unload when needed.

Daily +1 : Abel and Miyuki
Can't be that mad over that?

Valentus

Its just incredible all the lore the Zoldaad saga has in this game... compared to Olderion and the previous continents...

Gumi can made an entire zoldaad spin-off game with all the lore and characters we have here.

SeanTSC

So, pulled Amelia on the first daily pull of the new banner yesterday and today I decided to Retool my Arena team for shits and giggles.

Old: Ling, ExDeath x2, Noctis x2 - Typically I'd do DC Alterna/Meteor/Meteor and Blizzard Flask x2. Generally, this wipes anyone out due there being very little you can do to non-elemental magic and Blizzard Flask's Stop effect shuts down Evade.

New: Amelia, Reberta, Fryevia, Noctis x2 - Ricochet (AE Stop), Ice Breath (AE Ice and -50% Ice Resist), Frost Flash (AE Ice and Paralyze), Blizzard Flask x2.

I lose the big advantage with non-elemental AE nukers, but I added a third Stopper and negated anyone with 100% Ice Resist. Plus they're all equipped so they have 6k+ hp, are immune to everything that matters mostly, and one of the Noctises has 75% evade. It's less of a guaranteed One-Turn-Kill for me, but more annoying for people to deal with. Also put Reberta as the lead since she's mostly seen as harmless. Because trolling arena is the real end game.

Bonus: Dual Gun Meido Action.

EDarkness

Enhancement system is not underwhelming. It's extremely worth it. In many cases, the effects you gain from it are close to 2x what you're getting right now out of characters. Ramza gains twice his effectiveness as a buffer for example while characters like Randi are powered up even further than that.

I have yet to see that, because this isn't true for all characters. I don't have Ramza so it doesn't matter what his "upgrade" is. Of the characters I do have, the upgrades either aren't there are incredibly lackluster. I went in wanting to upgrade Lightning, but after looking at what could be upgraded, I wasn't impressed. The cost to do it and the hit and miss quality of it makes me not want to invest any time or effort into it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't throw out whatever crystals I get, but I don't go out of my way to get them and I have yet to upgrade a character or even think about it after it was initially revealed. I just feel like it's something for those who have lots of money and resources to mess with, but those who are F2P won't be able to really get much out of it. At least not often enough to matter.

Valentus

ramza has only ONE overwelming enhacements.

We all focus more on ramza, but much units become like night and day with enhacements (mercedes, delita, DKC, luka, Luneth, agrias, firion comes to mi mind right now)

Muku

Do you have Agrias? Bringing enhanced 6* Agrias along with your Orlandeau enables you to set up in-party Divine Ruination chains, so you can bring non-Orlandeau friends for later trials (Wilhelm, Ramza, whoever).

Do you have Firion? Best budget chain capper after enhancements, easy to gear, elementally diverse.

Do you have Warrior of Light? In 2019 when his enhancements roll out, you're going to be glad you can immediately enhance him because that's where he gets truly insane, not necessarily his 6* base form.

7* hasn't even been implemented in Japan yet, so you're going to be waiting for a while on that. Don't you have Ace as well, or am I thinking of someone else? Enhanced Ace is very, very solid. And you never know who's going to pop out of a random rainbow.

It's the last I'll say on it, not trying to tell anyone how to play the game, but...

I have Agrias. I have Firion. I have WoL. First two I'm not all that enthused with. WoL I use when Cecil doesn't cut the mustard. My point on 7* is I'm just looking to future for more interesting things. The system is too grindy. I play games to have fun. This whole system isn't fun. And takes a god damn massive chunk out of your inventory.

Lyrian

Its just incredible all the lore the Zoldaad saga has in this game... compared to Olderion and the previous continents...

Gumi can made an entire zoldaad spin-off game with all the lore and characters we have here.

Yeah there is so much focus on Zoldaad, but it's pretty much the last event about it I think.

I'm not even sure what else they could add to the Zoldaad story at this point. We've seen the story go down from almost every perceivable angle and using every character that was even remotely mentioned anywhere in the Zolddad arc (and then some).

They pretty much have to move on at this point.

Total BS trial.

Just killed Typhoon, had Barstonra up, Othros ATK was down, all units full HP (Cecil and Snow @ 7k+, everyone else is at least 5.2k), and used an item for good measure to give Protect to everyone.

Everyone wiped out right away on his first set of attacks.
RNG is stupid.

Team is :

Cecil (Golem) w/ DC
Snow (Titan)
2x Orlandaeu (Ifrit and Odin)
Y'shtola (Ramuh)
Friend Freyvia (Ramuh)

I flew through the up until that point and even made sure to have buffs and debuffs up before killing Typhoon.

Ugh, I'm having a very bad last two days with FFBE.

Is there a change I can make that will enable me to survive after killing Typhoon? I hope it's not 40NRG and pray RNG is in my favor after Typhoon, because I'm not cool with that type of stuff.

Edit - Oh yeah, Cecil casted Provoke too, if that means anything.

whew this reddit drama

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6ge70d/subreddit_recent_events_selfpromotion/

good thing we have tuffy's ling for solo carries

Damn I missed this drama earlier. Never paid attention to Mcgillby's links/attempts to self-promote but I understand why he was banned.

Kinda gross to see him then throw a tantrum and remove all his content.

Anyway, I really need to try this Titan trial before it goes away. When does it end? Next week?

Damn I missed this drama earlier. Never paid attention to Mcgillby's links/attempts to self-promote but I understand why he was banned.

Kinda gross to see him then throw a tantrum and remove all his content.

Anyway, I really need to try this Titan trial before it goes away. When does it end? Next week?

June 16th.

Minfilia is MVP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom