• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Rixa

Good luck(tm)
cmP7fYr.jpg
Cigarettebrand megathread

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Good luck(tm)

aaaaaaaand im out.
This sounds crazy difficult....someone on reddit stated his Wilhelm with +8k hp and other good stats got bodied on round 1...lol.

Well thankfully i dont need any of the stuff this Trial is providing xD

Challenge accepted Gumi. My Fryevia is ready! EV with ribbon or discernment, Tilith with Ribbon, One Landu, and probably a support or another landu. Will research more on the last slot.
Edit
Got fucking wrecked. This is going to be a challenge. Support unit or two absolutely needed. Need to revisit. Fucking work meetings for the next 3 hours, ugghh!

Alkez

I would attempt the trial but I'm still getting the input delay lag issue. I knew when maintenance was 6 hours they weren't going to fix it.

wilstreak

Randi "hero of the legend+2" enhancement is very good, but if i enhance it, i will run out of Support Giancryst and i have the feeling that Ramza enhancement will come soon (now that Soleil already got her 120% buff).

do you guys enhance gonna enhance Randi?

Syntsui

I would attempt the trial but I'm still getting the input delay lag issue. I knew when maintenance was 6 hours they weren't going to fix it.
I hope it's permanent, using the magnifying trick every time I want to make Fryevia useful was annoying.
Randi "hero of the legend+2" enhancement is very good, but if i enhance it, i will run out of Support Giancryst and i have the feeling that Ramza enhancement will come soon (now that Soleil already got her 120% buff).

do you guys enhance gonna enhance Randi?
If you run out of materials, farm the materials. I have 20+ Support Giancrysts and I'm not even going that crazy on the story missions, I could easily get 30+ if I farmed it non stop for two weeks.

bonkeng

Good lord A2 is too OP now. 55 hit chain with herself. Two A2 alone can kill Engels ELT without any need for buff or debuff.

tuffymon

Good lord A2 is too OP now. 55 hit chain with herself. Two A2 alone can kill Engels ELT without any need for buff or debuff.

About to use yours for a triple festa~ (the last A2 is 98 >.>)

Most dmg I've done yet, I do it manually, and I had a 47 and a 35 chain >.>; Gotta get better at it I guess

Rixa

Warning. PRO 5 man is _very_ hard. I failed on first try.

PRO Great Malboro:

2nd Try I accidentally killed Great Malboro 3 times when minions were up. Obviously minions ressed GM...

After 3rd death Great Malboros skin was soft at 100%. Dunno if it is meant to be so, or is it some bug.

Took over 20 mins to clear PRO...
Wilhelm was the Wind damager with Survival Edges.
Good luck for 5 man teams. Ill put my Ace up.
Ace Tri-Beam & Tidus Energy Rain was way to go.

Doctor_No

Morning all...thinking I may enhance Soleil after I go all in on Marie.

Can't wait to see my gal Marie again.

Edit: a few more alcrysts and I will have Marie fully enhanced. Took out most of the Gil I replenished tho. Oh well.

Looking at Soleil next. That probably won't happen for a while!

For support alcrysts, which is the best Story event level right now?

"Talk of the Soliders". which is third from last on the story event drop support giancrysts; better yet, it also drops the always important Power giancrysts as well (in addition to the guard crysts).

I"ll probably work on Soleil as well. I just finished enhancing all of Marie's skills, can't wait to test her after work with Malboro.

She is absolutely insane. I honestly didn't think the fix would allow the healing hits to chain as well, I thought it would be 7 hits only (so a 27-hit chain from two units like Orlandeau, Fry) . Now its 7+7=14 hits. With a 500% multiplier it basically matches the Onion Knight's TM sword move; Onion Cutter, which is 520% with 16-hits, but A2 completely heals herself and she can have astronomically high ATK as well due to her LB. She's going to get even better as different elemental weapons starting hitting GL; meaning she may become a great chain lengthen-er paired with the right units with Imperil.

She also seems to be able to chain in with other chainers like Orlandeau. Can't wait to finish maxing out the LB for my second A2 to test her out with different chainers.

robotuw

Holy shit did they fix her. I'm doing more than twice the damage I was before. With 2 A2's and a 2B I managed a 70-hit chain.

Syntsui

Holy shit, four multis, almost 20 golds and not a single one was on banner wtf.

Third Zargabaath on the seventh multi, wow.

Eighth pull was 2B, GAF please make me stop!!

linkent

ADV, killed too fast, no LB kill -_-
PRO, Thought it was easy with Zargabro, Silence and Sleep Tilith, have to use an Item.
ELT, will wait for a guide :D

Alkez

Holy shit, four multis, almost 20 golds and not a single one was on banner wtf.

Third Zargabaath on the seventh multi, wow.

Eighth pull was 2B, GAF please make me stop!!

Bruh...

Tbh we both know whatever logical argument we present you're going to keep going, so I'm just going to saying gl friend, I'll be doing the same a week today lol.

Rokuren

Man, that does not help with my desire to put in some cash for a last swing at a 2B or A2

Waiting for the Fryevias with Paralysis/Sleep/Stone resistance +Demon Killer + Diabolos set to show up.

I set up my Fry with a Ribbon and Demon Killer. I also enhanced Marie's Love You All and Lovely Guard; so if that would end up more useful let me know.

Is this trial Marie's time to shine? I could share her instead if y'all tell me what to equip her with. (At work and at least partially occupied).

Edit: Fully enhanced her. Why not?

Is Randi worth enhancing?

Syntsui

Bruh...

Tbh we both know whatever logical argument we present you're going to keep going, so I'm just going to saying gl friend, I'll be doing the same a week today lol.
I stopped though. This banner already cost me more than a month's salary from my last job and I already have everything so fuck it lol.

Freaking 5* ticket was another Lunera, my third.

Alkez

So with OHC being adjusted (I'm not going to say fixed because I refuse to believe Gumi didn't test her before release) do we expect to see more A2 in the "meta"?

I stopped though. This banner already cost me more than a month's salary from my last job and I already have everything so fuck it lol.

Freaking 5* ticket was another Lunera, my third.

Ah good man. A months salary though...this game is too expensive I swear. If you're good for money though I guess it doesn't really matter.

And at least you have complete arena dominance now lol.

Lyrian

popcorn.gif

I'm looking over the carnage and the skillset breakdown for Great Malboro and laughing.

** Gumi observes players solving Robot by brute forcing Aigion's main body.
-- Great Marboro respawns with full health if killed before the lesser malboros (both adds must die on the same turn or else full respawn)​

** Gumi observes players building super-tanks with 9S/Rikku/ES mitigation buffs to absorb hits.
-- Great Malboro devours the tank, which is not evadable.
-- Great Malboro's primary attacks use MAGIC based damage, which renders literally ALL CURRENT GLOBAL TANKS useless and CANNOT be attack debuffed.​

** Gumi notices players building 1000+ ATK chainable units for massive damage.
-- Great Marlboro berserks the highest ATK unit every other round, which is not resistable via ANY known method to block any attempts at chaining. Ribbons et. al, are useless to prevent this.​

No magic-based physical tanks like Mistair exist yet, so there's no effective way to deal with it's tentacle attacks at all. There's no way to block berserk at the moment.

Here we go, with creating "needs" for future units yet to exist, a classic gacha ploy.

Someone might find out a perfect setup that somehow skims the edges of this for this trial for the win, but this is in the realm of currently impossible for 99.99% of the player base (ELT).

And here people thought that the robot was going to be a one-off in trial difficulty and the next one was going to be somewhat easier. Nope, this one is significantly harder than the robot, hands down (a feat in its own right).

popcorn.gif

I'm looking over the carnage and the skillset breakdown for Great Malboro and laughing.

-- Great Marboro respawns with full health if killed before the lesser malboros (both adds must die on the same turn or else full respawn)​

** Gumi observes players building super-tanks with 9S/Rikku/ES mitigation buffs to absorb hits.
-- Great Malboro's primary attacks use MAGIC based damage, which renders literally ALL CURRENT GLOBAL TANKS useless and CANNOT be attack debuffed.​

-- Great Marlboro berserks the highest ATK unit every other round, which is not resistable via ANY known method to block any attempts at chaining. Ribbons et. al, are useless to prevent this.​

No magic-based physical tanks like Mistair exist yet, so there's no effective way to deal with it's tentacle attacks at all. There's no way to block berserk at the moment.

Here we go, with creating "needs" for future units yet to exist, a classic gacha ploy.

Someone might find out a perfect setup that somehow skims the edges of this for this trial for the win, but this is in the realm of currently impossible for 99.99% of the player base (ELT).

And here people thought that the robot was going to be a one-off in trial difficulty and the next one was going to be somewhat easier. Nope, this one is significantly harder than the robot, hands down (a feat in its own right).

Sums it up nicely

And considering the rewards for such effort?

Almost seems best to put off the trials entirely for now

After reading Lyrian's astute analysis that accurately depicts how pointless this is...

Well, I'm sharing a fully awakened Marie 100% immune to all status effects and all elements but Light. :|

Better than a generic Landu, I guess.

LucaMac

Waiting for the Fryevias with Paralysis/Sleep/Stone resistance +Demon Killer + Diabolos set to show up.

I can do this when I get back out to the main menu...currently mid Adv at the moment. It's actually quite a slog. Thought double Freyvia would melt it but double chain even with Delitas enhanced spirit break is only taking off about 2% a go. Pro is going to be painful...

Edit: Shite. I lost at 49%. Had all my mitigation up and all...and this is adv?

Alkez

popcorn.gif

3 things:

1 - did anyone actually think the next trial was going to be easier lol? Because after the Robot I thought the next trial was The Bloody Moon and that has been the trial I've been most afraid of since it's release. The Robot I believed was doable even without Ramza (of which I made several posts) but The Bloody Moon looks close to impossible to me.

2 - the first mechanic you described seems similar to that of The Bloody Moon. In a way this is good preparation.

3 - very good point (highlighted in bold)

https://imgur.com/gallery/D0KGN

I buckled down, spent again and got another rainbow today. About 10 minutes after I sold the forty trust moogles I had been holding on too. I guess now all I will find are beastlord TMs since I have the rest of the banner.

This banner did it, made me dolphin and of course I got rewarded... it is really hard because I know the last time this kind of rewarding happened I went a bit too far. Next time I want to spend I'm going to post here first. I really don't need to spend any more money on this game.

Whizkid7

Seems like the ones on my friends list all practically doubled in damage. Tempting to chase the rainbow, but I wasted too much money just for 2B, so I'll live with her. She's pretty good as well, anyway.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- daily bullshit / bladeblitz guy

-- i landed my rider's helm TM this morning! null stone with a +28 ATK helm is no freaking joke.

I want to thank everyone who lent me their 2B last night before maint. I had to rush job and miss most of the missions, but I beat him and got his arm, so I'm happy.

I'm going to crack and pull on this banner again before it's up, I can already tell. I have so many beastlord tm moogles in my inventory it's not even funny. Gimme that A2, Gumi.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Thing I have to remind myself every single week: trials are for the whales, for the most part.

I'm ok with that but I am jealous of the sweet gear y'all are getting!

New Squad:

Earth Veritas (LB Build)
Fryevia
Rikku (stat immune, LB spam if shit hits the fan, damage reduction spam)
9S with Rikku pouch (stat immune,damage reduction spam)
Tilith (stat immune)
Friend Fryevia.

Syntsui

Tried ELT and I can see it being done pretty easily with Minfilia, Rikku and Earth Veritas.

I'll finish my Jacks before trying again, it's a fun trial. I also need more Leather and Arms, my Fry is just too weak.

Top Bottom