• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Rixa

I dont have Dark Veritas, I meant chaining Divine Ruination!

All I have is Agrias and Excalibur. But thank you for reminding me that DV (Divine ruination) chains with DV (Dark Veritas) lol

No worries, I myself forgot I can use Agrias friends too, since my Frolandu friends are Nolandu friends.

Rootbeer

Banned
Sharing DV with 4 killers + Excal currently. I can switch to Fry if people want though. Right now consensus seems to be DV though, so rolling with that for now.

GL 210,807,551

Friend list is very crowded but i'll try to make room when I can.

Vashetti

Banned
Barely broke 92% of his health on ELT before he wiped me.

Gonna need a guide before I attempt that again.

Edit: Story missions are half NRG until next Friday.

NeoCross

I'm having no trouble surviving ELT but I still don't get his defensive patterns. I hit him in turn 1, no damage...defended for 4 turns then tried to do damage with OK chains but it only dropped him by 1% lol. Then somewhere on turns 7-9 I did about 40% worth of damage to his hp. Just gave up because I ran out of mp lol.

Rixa

I'm having no trouble surviving ELT but I still don't get his defensive patterns. I hit him in turn 1, no damage...defended for 4 turns then tried to do damage with OK chains but it only dropped him by 1% lol. Then somewhere on turns 7-9 I did about 40% worth of damage to his hp. Just gave up because I ran out of mp lol.

There is so much randomness. Sofar In 3 ELT clears I had to wait:

- 5 Turns before boss debuffed himself to -98% DEF.
- 8 Turns before boss debuffed himself to -98% DEF.
- 2nd Turn ohkoed it from 99% -> 0%.

Broseybrose

So my summons pages are back to normal, I think.

But werent we supposed to get daily free summons at some point? Because I dont see those at all.

Vashetti

Banned
From wiki

54BlBHD.png

Rixa

Starting tomorrow.

Oh no wonder I didn't see free banner.

I like Amazing Enhancements that started today, so many GS, legit shit.

I had all the 100 Jumbos from KM to buy and I have enough currency to buy them plus something extra to buy. Already got 9S (lb 15/20) 1 -> 80 with 5 Great Success. Leveled 2nd Lightning for Expeditions.I have 40ish Kingtaurs in inventory too, waiting for something.

NeoCross

There is so much randomness. Sofar In 3 ELT clears I had to wait:

- 5 Turns before boss debuffed himself to -98% DEF.
- 8 Turns before boss debuffed himself to -98% DEF.
- 2nd Turn ohkoed it from 99% -> 0%.

I just cleared it in 9 turns, because I followed the image vashetti posted and waited for turn 4, but then found out it changes and is totally random what he is immune to each time you start the raid. what the fuck haha.

Guess I'll just settle for farming this on Pro I guess lol.

Vashetti

Banned
I just cleared it in 9 turns, because I followed the image vashetti posted and waited for turn 4, but then found out it changes and is totally random what he is immune to each time you start the raid. what the fuck haha.

You can tell which pattern you're on by what he debuffs himself with (either reduced DEF or SPR).

Oh no wonder I didn't see free banner.

I like Amazing Enhancements that started today, so many GS, legit shit.

I had all the 100 Jumbos from KM to buy and I have enough currency to buy them plus something extra to buy. Already got 9S (lb 15/20) 1 -> 80 with 5 Great Success. Leveled 2nd Lightning for Expeditions.I have 40ish Kingtaurs in inventory too, waiting for something.

Of course this happens RIGHT after I take Soleil from 1/60 to 100/100. *Sigh*

Oh well, I enhanced and used her to clear Hien the Mage. *Shrug*

Rixa

Yup, annoying boss. This took 3 turns, Fire Veritas Heavy Stomp was landed too early and didn't do max damage. Only 1.6m.
Now starts the challenge to get damage done as high as possible.

EX tickets, but this has to be as bad as it gets huh? Any of these units less than a year old?

Fang, Miyuki, Cecil, Fang, Xaio, Sazh & Edgar.

Is Soleil good for Marlboro trial? Know I'm going to get tons of cactuars and can't figure out if I feel like leveling anyone, but can't beat that damn cigarette.

I know this won't help everyone, but I'm rolling in with Fry, EV, Rikku, A2, and Tilith, and a friend Fry (hopefully) and I pretty much steamroll him. It takes me 3 to 4 rounds, so it's not a OTKO, but it's still pretty darn easy.

If a friend Fry isn't available, I've also taken him down pretty handily with one of the mages people are sharing (e.g. Ace or T Terra).

Celegus

Oh cool, I guess Luneth is still bugged. Repeat will use a basic attack if he countered the previous turn. This raid seems obnoxious... hope the raid summons aren't junk at least?

Oh cool, I guess Luneth is still bugged. Repeat will use a basic attack if he countered the previous turn. This raid seems obnoxious... hope the raid summons aren't junk at least?

Magicites and minituars galore.

I actually don't know, but banner makes it look decent. Shows off king cactuars. However I hear it's full of magicites, although that I do not mind. I got the best esper from 1* lvl 1 to 2* lvl 40 on nothing but little magicites.

Probably for the game being down for half the day yesterday for some servers.

Didn't even notice that, wow.

Guess that comes with the territory when you don't play as much anymore.

Any specific reason why? I'm guessing they saw our posts of 2-3 people pulling those Onion Knights and realizes they had to reduce rates even more. Can't go having people be happy.

Xion86

Been lurking, I'm still here! :p just had less spare time to post lately but will try to more.

So I honestly forgot the Hein event was ending today, for some reason I thought it would go alongside the Raid. Just logged in and was relieved to see it had ended, which means I can redo two of my parties finally and change all my units around. I love Raids for XP and Gil though, so this should be exciting maxing out a few units :D

From King Mog I ended up getting:
Onion Helm
Onion Armor
Casanova
Water Maiden Blessing
Heart of Fire / Heart of Water / Heart of Wind / Heart of Earth
All Y-Potions, Mega Ethers, Elixers, Metal Gigantuars, Star Quartz, cheap Awakening materials and Rare Summon Tickets.

I have 32627 points left so think I'll grab that Trust Moogle! That was handy. This was the first time I skipped the Crysts and didn't do any lapis refreshes for the event too.

Last night I managed to grab all the Black Keys we could get too :)

Daily pull: Cerius :/

Hmm who should I share for you guys for the Raid? High Attack Orlandeau or Onion Knight?

Rixa

For the first time in what seems like forever we have a boss that isn't resistant to light, so I would go fully decked out Oldmandu.

Wait, what?? Orlandeau is actually useful again?! :eek:
Orlandeau it is then! :D

Yup. I have Dark Veritas equipped with Excalibur (boss is 100% dark resist). But DV is good since some of bosses attacks are dark and thus freebie heals for DV.

NeoCross

So I dumped all my tm mogs into OK and holy fuck, what a huge difference it makes. Paired with another OK Onion Cutter makes me hard af. Now I don't have a Setzer yet(Gumi plz), Firion's abilities is still worth enhancing right? He's my only finisher and he's just sitting there and doing nothing but expeditions lol.

So I dumped all my tm mogs into OK and holy fuck, what a huge difference it makes. Paired with another OK Onion Cutter makes me hard af. Now I don't have a Setzer yet(Gumi plz), Firion's abilities is still worth enhancing right? He's my only finisher and he's just sitting there and doing nothing but expeditions lol.

Firion is worth enhancing, he is a monster. Even more so if you've completed Aigaion and have his fist weapon and a Champions belt or two.

Decided to burn 5 ex tickets:

Leo
Anzelm
Artemios
Golbez
Amarant

......a blast from the past...

Hey would you look at that. Another one just like me who got nothing but units a year + old.

No doubt about it, I'm convinced Gumi gives higher rates to old as dirt units. Look at some of those 4* max trash.

Burn your last 2. I bet they are FFXIII banner or earlier.

Daily and 15 regular tickets and 2 EX tickets - All trash.

2 Multi Pulls - All trash.

39 pulls and no banner gold on a single gold banner. 7 off banner golds. Fuck off Gumi I'm done with this shit.

39 pulls and no banner gold on a single gold banner. 7 off banner golds. Fuck off Gumi I'm done with this shit.

See, this is why I don't even do dailies anymore. Tickets and lapis are just piling up at this point and I won't use any (outside of EX tickets) until an improvement is seen.

If there isnt an improvement I will just continue to play less and less as I am already experiencing now. This will likely end with me just losing interest entirely at the current rate.

Nobody can ever make me believe that this shit by Gumi isn't malicious.

So, how many of your pulls were year plus old units?

Dandte

Hey would you look at that. Another one just like me who got nothing but units a year + old.

No doubt about it, I'm convinced Gumi gives higher rates to old as dirt units. Look at some of those 4* max trash.

Burn your last 2. I bet they are FFXIII banner or earlier.

Damn you!

Though i got Fang and her waifu vanille...God dammit Fang...i love ff xiii but i really don't need another equip spear materia...

Celegus

Welcome back to Earth with the rest of us, that's pretty much par for the course.

Welcome back to Earth with the rest of us, that's pretty much par for the course.

That's fine and good, but it shouldn't be that way for anyone. Rainbows are one thing, but it should not take anyone 40, 50, 100 pulls or whatever it's been taking people to get a banner gold unit especially when you get 7 gold crystals in that 40 pulls. I was done chasing rainbows, and now I'm just done pulling period. Not that it matters, but I sent Gumi a nice message with my total amount spent, and even attached my receipts basically telling them to stop being greedy as fuck, because they are losing people spending what I have, and even more because of the rates. I am fine with the rainbows not being 3% until next year if need be, but 25% banner rate on a gold? haha no.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Think I'll just stick to pro for this raid. ELT is too time consuming to deal with for me.

This was my conclusion. I was able to do enough damage on ELT to make it "better" than PRO, but damn is it a lot more work to get there.

Celegus

Yep it's a mess. I had 18 off banner golds before I finally got an Eve on NieR. Not even pulling dailies this week, Werei will show up when he wants to.

evangd007

- 80% of pulls are 3*, and the 3* unit pool is expanding at a much smaller rate than the 4* and 5* pool so long as we regularly get several new 4* and 5* units per banner with only one new 3*.

- It'll be worse once we get the JP banners that have new 4*s and 5*s, but repeat 3*s who are getting their 6* awakening. But we should have 3% rainbow rate by then. Right?

- I'm saving all bannerless tickets (EX and 10+1) until 3% rainbow. The only reason I abide the massive 3* rate normally is the chance to easily get the banner 3* TMR.

You know, I think most could accept 3* pulls being crap and 5* pulls being stupid rare, however those banner rates for golds are not acceptable.

This is the part to me that's making the game not as enjoyable anymore. I used to enjoy having great odds of nabbing a banner gold and then watch a Valentus video showing how useful they are in trials. I remember when those videos were proof that F2P could enjoy FFBE without fear of believing you NEED 5* base units.

Now both of those great things are gone because Gumi went and fucked it up.

Doctor_No

That's fine and good, but it shouldn't be that way for anyone. Rainbows are one thing, but it should not take anyone 40, 50, 100 pulls or whatever it's been taking people to get a banner gold unit especially when you get 7 gold crystals in that 40 pulls. I was done chasing rainbows, and now I'm just done pulling period. Not that it matters, but I sent Gumi a nice message with my total amount spent, and even attached my receipts basically telling them to stop being greedy as fuck, because they are losing people spending what I have, and even more because of the rates. I am fine with the rainbows not being 3% until next year if need be, but 25% banner rate on a gold? haha no.

I can only provide my anecdotal data but it seems to be a 25% rate as you say. Out of 27 golds I got this morning, I got 7 Wereis, meaning the banner gold rate for this banner was 25.9% for me.

Its not a good rate. It took me around 60 pulls just to get a stupid Veritas of Wind during its banner a few weeks ago.

I expect all good golds to be equally hard to pull in the future. Not pulling at all is definitely a good plan.

Kouriozan

Side effect of my extreme hoarding, I don't pull so I don't get to experience the awful rates and disappointment that comes with it.
Gold rates will be sightly (-1%) worse with the 3% rainbows but JP started to get way more 4* tickets before that change.

Top Bottom