• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

Emitan

Quistis is 18? That explains EVERYTHING.

Fuck you, Squall/ULTROS! you are a heartless man

Gravijah said:
ffxi is amaaaazing and has one of the best airship themes. wish i could have played it more. finally getting an airship pass though was an amazing moment.
I wish that I had played FFXI. Too late now. A lot of my friends played it, I should have joined them :(

Aeana

I'm considering replaying some FF game. I haven't decided which one. I recently replayed 4, 5, 6, 10, 10-2 and 12 so no need for those. Thinking 7, 8 or 9.

Gravijah

Billychu said:
Quistis is 18? That explains EVERYTHING.

Fuck you, Squall/ULTROS! you are a heartless man

tell meeeeeee

Aeana said:
I'm considering replaying some FF game. I haven't decided which one. I recently replayed 4, 5, 6, 10, 10-2 and 12 so no need for those. Thinking 7, 8 or 9.

8 or 9.... 9. wait, 8. i dunno. :(

Emitan

Aeana said:
You are Siren by the way.

Everyone should be cool and pick a GF to be named after.

Beth Cyra

Billychu said:
You are Siren by the way.

Everyone should be cool and pick a GF to be named after.
I'll be Cerberus one of the coolest looking but probably the most useless Summon in terms of use given it's best to stick with Melee attacks.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Aeana said:

You can hold out on 10 if you're planning to get the PS3/Vita version.

Beth Cyra

RagnarokX said:
Final Fantasy VIII
has the worst plot in the franchise.
I much prefer the plot of VIII then the bore fest that is IX or How many times do I need to be stabbed in the back before I actually learn my damn lesson IV.

The only real issue with VIII is the retarded Orphange scene.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Quistis is hotter and seemingly smarter than Rinoa, why did Squall pick Rinoa over Quistis? :(

Beth Cyra

ULTROS! said:
Quistis is hotter and seemingly smarter than Rinoa, why did Squall pick Rinoa over Quistis? :(
She actually slowly worked herself in Squall's heart?

Honestly Rinoa would be my pick out of the two as well.

Aeana said:
Replay 7 and name me after Barret.

Also Quistis >> Rinoa any day of the week.

Aeana

ULTROS! said:
You can hold out on 10 if you're planning to get the PS3/Vita version.
I just went through 10 a couple of months ago. Not in a rush to play it again.

I think I'll do 9 because it's been the longest out of all FFs besides 1. (Almost 2 years omg.)

Aeana

Even though I always prefer to play FF9 in Japanese, I went ahead and bought the NA version on PSN because it's the most convenient option at the moment. It's been... let's see, 6 years since I played it in English. Should be fun.

Gravijah

i just played through ff9 and i have rage glaring at me for neglecting it.

...but i still want to play through ff8 again. :(

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I was rearranging my things and had stuff laying everywhere, and thought it might be fun to get all my FF stuff together and take pictures for the thread!

ffcoll1.jpg

ffcoll2.jpg

ffcoll3.jpg

*Missing items: FFIX and X Ultimania Omega. I know they're somewhere because I was looking at them not too long ago, but I don't know where. All the other Crystal Chronicles games not pictured. I just forgot :/ The few action figures I have that have been tucked into a lone corner. I'm not into figures and the ones I have were gifts, so I never think about them. Advent Children, I forgot about it as well. I wasn't rearranging DVDs anyway. Non-cover magazines I've saved with FF articles.

**Dirge of Cerberus is hiding in the corner next to the other PS2 games. Apparently it doesn't want to exist either.

I'm sure there are others who have much larger collections than mine, I would like to see them! My collection is half books anyway... I don't have much interesting stuff.

ULTROS!

Actually, I'll say Edea > All because
she looks very beautiful at the epilogue part... And she's around 35-40s!

I'm thinking of replaying another FF game though. I've replayed IX and X a lot of times. Right now I'm sort-of in the process replaying FFXIII... Maybe I should wait for FFV to come to the PSN store because I haven't completed that game yet.

rataven

Professor Beef said:
Also Quistis >> Rinoa any day of the week.
So true. Oh god Rinoa, haha.

Lissar said:
Nice collection! I see the VII Versus guide in there. I want that soooo bad. Some day!

I remember hearing stories about Red Scarlet's FF collection being rather legendary as well. At least I think it was her. Wish she was still around.

jacket320

Just finished playing 7 again for the first time in years with my GF. We pretty much completed everything that can be done in the game and it was a nice experience. Anyway, check it out again if you're looking for one to jump into.

ULTROS! said:

Out of all my times through FF VIII I have never seen this attack. Looks awesome!

I was just playing through FF VIII again these last few days and just reached Lunatic Pandora. I always loved this part of the game the most because of the freedom you get because of Ragnarok. Also, I have seen a few scenes on this walkthrough that I have never seen before. Like the scene that happens on the second floor of Balamb Garden when Mr Aki shows up and scolds you for using magic in the hall, lowering your seed ranking by 1. FF Wiki says he is incredibly easy to miss, so I am not surprised. Didn't see his other 3 appearances though. Also saw the scene in the undersea research where Zell comes in and fixes things. Which totally fucked up the bottom level, making enc-none useless.

Also gravitating towards FF IX again last night and just reached the ice cave. It feels like an annual thing. Even harder when its there every time I turn on my PS3. FF IX is my comfort food final fantasy. It will always keep me coming back when I want to feel happy. Still never used any of Eiko's alternate summons, so that among other things will give me something new to do. There are so many things to find in this game, you are almost sure to find something new each time through.

Aeana

A lot of my stuff is packed up for a move, or I'd take a photo of mine. Mine isn't quite as big as Scarlet's, but I do have NA and JP versions of every numbered game except FF13, all of the spinoffs, and multiple copies of a couple of games.

Loving Lissar's guide collection. I pretty much only have Ultimanias. The NA FFT guide I had fell apart so I just tossed it out. :\

GrumpyAlien said:
Out of all my times through FF VIII I have never seen this attack. Looks awesome!

I was just playing through FF VIII again these last few days and just reached Lunatic Pandora. I always loved this part of the game the most because of the freedom you get because of Ragnarok. Also, I have seen a few scenes on this walkthrough that I have never seen before. Like the scene that happens on the second floor of Balamb Garden when Mr Aki shows up and scolds you for using magic in the hall, lowering your seed ranking by 1. FF Wiki says he is incredibly easy to miss, so I am not surprised. Didn't see his other 3 appearances though. Also saw the scene in the undersea research where Zell comes in and fixes things. Which totally fucked up the bottom level, making enc-none useless.
Zell isn't required in the Undersea Base, but having him "fix" the machine lets you save a few bars of steam. And as far as I can recall, Enc-None was always useless in the tunnel on the way to Ultima Weapon. Not that I would've used it anyways, since it's a great place to farm for Curse Spikes.

Boss Man

I've played the shit out of FFXI (off and on) for the past six or seven years, I think a lot of people are missing out on that game. It's got a great structure and atmosphere about it, the soundtrack is wonderful, and it's actually very accessible now.

If it really gets a Vita port I hope it introduces more people to the game.

Xux

Final Fantasy V

I seem to have misplaced my GBA cart when I moved a few months ago. :( Been having the urge for some ATB Job System shenanigans that isn't FFX-2.

rataven

jacket320 said:
Just finished playing 7 again for the first time in years with my GF. We pretty much completed everything that can be done in the game and it was a nice experience. Anyway, check it out again if you're looking for one to jump into.
Speaking of completing everything.......I've never been able to win Aeris' parasol from the roller coaster mini game in Gold Saucer. I'm a completionist and have played VII more times now than I can even count, but I've never had what I consider a 100% complete game :(

That, and the stupid drunk chocobo that Tidus is forced to race in X kept me from getting his ultimate weapon. No can do.

Dragon

Banned
TruePrime said:
I much prefer the plot of VIII then the bore fest that is IX or How many times do I need to be stabbed in the back before I actually learn my damn lesson IV.

Indeed. FFIX doesn't have wonderful things like projecting consciousnesses into another time and space. Not only does FFVIII do so, but it doesn't explain WHY Ellone does so. It makes no effin sense. One of the reasons I struggle replaying that game.

Beatrix owns every character in FFVIII, even if she likes Steiner which is mind-boggling.

rataven said:
That, and the stupid drunk chocobo that Tidus is forced to race in X kept me from getting his ultimate weapon. No can do.

My first time playing through that game, Winter break my freshmen year of college, it took me six hours one night to get Tidus' ultimate weapon. It is NOT worth it, don't even bother!

Boney said:
boney alert

TheBranca18 said:
Indeed. FFIX doesn't have wonderful things like projecting consciousnesses into another time and space. Not only does FFVIII do so, but it doesn't explain WHY Ellone does so. It makes no effin sense. One of the reasons I struggle replaying that game.
She explains why.

ULTROS!

Aw, Kagari changed the banner. :(

Professor Beef said:
Zell isn't required in the Undersea Base, but having him "fix" the machine lets you save a few bars of steam. And as far as I can recall, Enc-None was always useless in the tunnel on the way to Ultima Weapon. Not that I would've used it anyways, since it's a great place to farm for Curse Spikes.
I didn't figure that out until I beat UW, (Which screwed up any chance I had of farming for items there) so my only other alternative was to go to the Island Closest to Heaven and hope for the best against the monsters there.

Beth Cyra

Played about 3 hours of FF XIV today.

It wasn't as bad as it was last year. Still a very pretty game, and I liked the world (I can walk down small hills now thank god) still slow and clunky though.

My biggest complaint though is after a certain quest it just didn't give any real direction on what to do and by the time I searched and found it I was to frustrated to play.

Been so out of it though I forgot eveything about the damn game so I don't remember how the whole Guild systems works or anything any which kinda sucks.

Gunna play XIII before the release of 2 but I don't want to replay it at the same time as XIV as it all feels to new. Just played VIII and V last year with Gaf replays so I got to pick one to go along with XIV.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
rataven said:
Nice collection! I see the VII Versus guide in there. I want that soooo bad. Some day!

I remember hearing stories about Red Scarlet's FF collection being rather legendary as well. At least I think it was her. Wish she was still around.

I used to have the Brady guide too (I had that one first and then bought another because I love guides...) but that one seems to have been lost due to moving a lot :/

Aeana said:
A lot of my stuff is packed up for a move, or I'd take a photo of mine. Mine isn't quite as big as Scarlet's, but I do have NA and JP versions of every numbered game except FF13, all of the spinoffs, and multiple copies of a couple of games.

Loving Lissar's guide collection. I pretty much only have Ultimanias. The NA FFT guide I had fell apart so I just tossed it out. :\

My first and favorite guide, the NA Secret of Mana guide, was torn in half by an irate cousin. I didn't have the heart to throw it out so I taped it up and kept it on a shelf. I don't really open it though, I'm afraid the pages will start falling out. But I have too many memories with that book to get rid of it.

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
I didn't figure that out until I beat UW, (Which screwed up any chance I had of farming for items there) so my only other alternative was to go to the Island Closest to Heaven and hope for the best against the monsters there.
Yeah, I had that happen to me a few times until I realized how useful the area was. I felt so proud when I finally got 100 of them so Quistis could finally learn Shockwave Pulsar...until I saw the damage she did with it. 255 Magic stat, my ass. :|

Top Bottom