• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY IV DS SCANS !

PolyGone

Banned
Final Fantasy IV remake... yay, now I don't need the GBA rerelease! Looks ok, but definitely not the remake I was hoping to see some day... I guess I'll have to wait another year to see that one. :p

Shouta said:
Looks like FFXII with a bunch of canned sets of abilities that make up "jobs" rather than anything new to me.

yeah, if they gave them new outfits that would at least make it feel different... :/

reriel

so until now we have see:

ff12 international
dissidia ff
ff4
the last remnant

what else can we expect from square enix party ? star ocean and maybe ffcc for wii ?
any rumor or guess regarding for what console it's SO ? hoping for a next gen console é__è

reriel said:
so until now we have see:

ff12 international
dissidia ff
ff4
the last remnant

what else can we expect from square enix party ? star ocean and maybe ffcc for wii ?
any rumor or guess regarding for what console it's SO ? hoping for a next gen console é__è

New Kingdom Hearts spin off is more or less garunteed also.

camineet

Banned
I didn't buy the touched-up GBA release, so I'm REALLY stoked for FFIV DS. looks sweet!

oh GOD can you imagine a FFVI remake?

PolyGone

Banned
camineet said:
I didn't buy the touched-up GBA release, so I'm REALLY stoked for FFIV DS. looks sweet!

oh GOD can you imagine a FFVI remake?

yeah, I can. And it ain't pretty. FFVI deserves a full console remake IMO - preferably a console that can do its world justice.

Yixian

Banned
duckroll said:

Hm, fine, I guess the Japanese must have adopted the grotesque American way of formatting dates.

Anyway the real reason I'm interested in FFXII-I is because I have an HK PS3 and this is the only way I can play it in english.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
PolyGone said:
yeah, I can. And it ain't pretty. FFVI deserves a full console remake IMO - preferably a console that can do its world justice.

How Funny....

Pretty soon sony fans will say that FFV/CT/FFVI/DQ4/DQ5/DQ6 also deserves to be remade on a console.

Ravidrath

Man, they're not really saving much of anything for the "party" next week. Only thing left seems like the rumored KH0 on PSP.

Sort of torn over FFXII having gameplay changes... I didn't like the original game much for a variety of reasons, but fixing the license board could be a huge boon to the game.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
PolyGone said:
I agree with you.

Nolan.

I'm really hoping Square doesn't dilute the strength of the FF franchise. Anyway if all of these things have leaked already is there anything that would surprise come the 12th?.

Mau ®

FF4 looks great.

Dssidia looks like its running on the KH engine. Looks amazing although Im not interested...

FF4 will sell me on a DS...damn...

I'll probably buy Final Fantasy IV as i've never played the original (I haven't played FF3, 4, 8, 9, 11, or 12) but I hope that SE will focus on new titles in the future.

I'm hoping that FFXII:Int comes stateside or is compatible with HDadvance. I'd rather play this than the original FFXII, but I do not like using Swap Magic repeatedly.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Hcoregamer00 said:
Prerendered backgrounds + FMV's would do it justice.
Okami-style presentation that looks like a moving Amano painting please! :D

yeah I know... my standards are too high

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
BocoDragon said:
Okami-style presentation that looks like a moving Amano painting please! :D

yeah I know... my standards are too high

Yeah, you will never be satisfied.....ever.

joesmokey

For a moment there I actually thought I'd see my DQ4 remake :(.

Here's hoping SE realizes they have another immensely popular franchise they can do remakes off of.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I've never played FFIV so this interests me a lot, but I have one question (for those of you who have played the original/gba/psx remake):

How is the story/character development? I'm pretty sure I know what to expect gameplay-wise but I'm in the mood for a great epic story. How does FFIV hold up in that regard?

Also, the idea of a DS re-make of FFVI makes my heart happy.

Dascu

jon bones said:
I've never played FFIV so this interests me a lot, but I have one question (for those of you who have played the original/gba/psx remake):

How is the story/character development? I'm pretty sure I know what to expect gameplay-wise but I'm in the mood for a great epic story. How does FFIV hold up in that regard?

Also, the idea of a DS re-make of FFVI makes my heart happy.
Fairly good. Better than the Famicom titles and FFV (although FFV has some great characters), but not as good as FFVI, IMO.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Dascu said:
Fairly good. Better than the Famicom titles and FFV (although FFV has some great characters), but not as good as FFVI, IMO.

Sweet, thanks! And I wouldn't expect it to be as good as FFVI. That game is fantastic.

Prime crotch said:
I hope you can get more than three enemies at the screen at a time now.
This is a primary concern of mine and it really bothered me in FFIII even though I still enjoyed it. I'm also hoping they keep the maximum of five characters for the battles.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Eteric Rice said:
I just remembered that the FFIII had a cinimatic intro. So if they make a FFVI remake, that would mean the intro would become cinimatic.

D:
D:
D:
D:
D:
D:

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!
Didn't they already do CG cutscenes for the FFIV release on PS1?

Why isn't the first post updated with Crisis Core and Crystal Chronicles DS scans, all info from the 5 games shown plus a thread title change into something like Square am cry, see leaks (no Enix leaks though)?

Here, I'll help...

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Ring of Fates

Macstorm

Magicpaint said:
This is a primary concern of mine and it really bothered me in FFIII even though I still enjoyed it. I'm also hoping they keep the maximum of five characters for the battles.
It looks like they'll just toss the back row characters behind the front row characters.

ant1532

Banned
Holy shit. Square is taking a lot of my money...

UGHHH!!! Why are they doing 4 again though!!!???? I do like the way it looks though, looks hella better than 3.

But they just remade it last year damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dissidia, FFXII:I, Cristal Chronicals and Crisis Core all look pretty damn good too. As long as this is great milk I don't care that much but I still think square should just change the company name to Final Fantasy so it wouldn't be that annoying.

So Dissidia is on PSP? A square fighter??? I hope it's any means of close to Smash, cuz that be sweet.

joesmokey said:

Here's hoping SE realizes they have another immensely popular franchise they can do remakes off of.
DQ remakes:
I & II SFC
III SFC
I & II GBC
III GBC
IV PS1
V PS1
I mobile
II mobile

I think they know. :)

ant1532 said:
UGHHH!!! Why are they doing 4 again though!!!???? I do like the way it looks though, looks hella better than 3.

But they just remade it last year damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Weeell, more like they ported a port 1.5 years ago, but yeah, it is a short span between.

Saoh

Talladega Knight said:
Okay, when and at what time is this event? My frothing suspense is killing me! :D

the square-enix party?? this weekend.

im not sure about FF4, i played it on the SNES and GBA...... i dont know if i´ll buy this.

Aeana

joesmokey said:

Thank goodness Horii has the final word, here. And that's probably why they haven't been remade nearly as often.

Majmun

I would rather see a remake on Ps2 with FFX engine.

By the way. Why isn't Square making use of Ps2's userbase and remake them there! :D

Top Bottom