• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY IV DS SCANS !

Second said:
FF games need an orchestrated OST nowadays, IMO. The music comes much better at its place.
I don't think any FF has used a high percentage of prerecorded music. VIII-XII used it for a few special songs and little else.

bluemax

Banned
Yixian said:
Christ, I don't know if I could get through FFXII without english text :(

It was surprisingly easy to do. The game is so stupidly simple and you only need a pretty basic gambit set up to plow through it.

Majmun

JoshuaJSlone said:
I don't think any FF has used a high percentage of prerecorded music. VIII-XII used it for a few special songs and little else.

FFXII soundtrack was fully orchestrated, same goes for Dragon Quest VIII.

When you hear orchestrated music, you really don't want to go back.

All modern RPG's need orchestrated music IMO.

acidviper

Banned
This console war is over.
136041mace%20windu.jpg

Yixian

Banned
bluemax said:
It was surprisingly easy to do. The game is so stupidly simple and you only need a pretty basic gambit set up to plow through it.

Really? See I could imagine it being ok with FFX, but I haven't played XII and I assumed this gambit business would require some heavy menu configuring. But if you say so.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Second said:

Videogames need orchestral music. PERIOD

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Second said:

QFT. I don't know where the notion that FFXII was partially orchestrated came from. But yeah, all games need to be orchestrated. I think this was a downfall in Zelda: TP. :(

for the person who said Kuja is gacktified, you mean the character looks more manly now?

have you forgotten?
200px-Kuja.JPG

dood, Nomuras version of FF9 art is way better than the original FF9 art

art01.jpg

Majmun

momolicious said:
for the person who said Kuja is gacktified, you mean the character looks more manly now?

have you forgotten?
200px-Kuja.JPG

Damn, that must be tight between the legs. I wonder if he even has one.

momolicious said:

have you forgotten?
200px-Kuja.JPG
He looked like a girlish porcelain doll in FFIX, he looks like a full blown Tranny now.

Aegus

RyuHayate said:
Zidane was already wearing a couple of useless belts, so it was fairly easy for Nomura to redesign the tailed hero.

He added an extra belt buckle! 1 more buckle!

and made Zidane look angry. Zidane was never an angry character!

Aegus said:
He added an extra belt buckle! 1 more buckle!

and made Zidane look angry. Zidane was never an angry character!
And he added a homoerotic connection between Zidane and Kuja that wasn't present before.
It's the Nomura © "yaoi rivals" glare.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
nomura's zidane doesn't seem to have any additional belts, but somehow the belts are the focal point of the new design :lol

IT'S UNCANNY

Cruceh

Banned
PolyGone said:
nah, talking about the eventual FF6 remake and how it should be made for a powerful console, not the DS. Were you confused by my use of roman numerals (many gaffers can't seem to tell the difference between IV and VI...)

Which is not to say I won't buy the FF4 remake, I will. Its just not the remake I was hoping for, given my love of 4 I was hoping for a much grander scale than the ds.

I just hope the battles are a little more lively than the FF3 remake, which were so... well, boring.
What's more powerful than the PC?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
FFXII does not have orchestrated music...well, some of it is. It's just high quality synth.

Kusagari

momolicious said:

have you forgotten?
200px-Kuja.JPG

dood, Nomuras version of FF9 art is way better than the original FF9 art

art01.jpg

No it isn't. You can tell Kuja's a man now. His extremely feminine look is better than looking like a tranny. As for Zidane he looks more like Meg Ryan now than Tidus did. Old designs > this shit.

Kusagari said:
No it isn't. You can tell Kuja's a man now. His extremely feminine look is better than looking like a tranny. As for Zidane he looks more like Meg Ryan now than Tidus did. Old designs > this shit.

He is a guy why shouldn't he look like one? I remember Kuja's designed being crushed by nearly everyone and now people are rushing defend it? Some people will bitch no matter what Nomura does.

MoxManiac

SolidSnakex said:
He is a guy why shouldn't he look like one? I remember Kuja's designed being crushed by nearly everyone and now people are rushing defend it? Some people will bitch no matter what Nomura does.

That would be because nomura is shitty hack

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I don't recall at any point durring FFIX Kuja stating that he was not a cross-dressing homosexual. So what's all the bitching about?

zoku88

SE: Let's keep the cash cow goin.

I wish Square Enix would focus more on new IPs than on remakes of old classics

I'm so getting this anyway

i think im gonna cave and bite on these ds remakes. initially i wanted to wait and see if they did 1-6 on psp, but this little guy (DS) is growing on me. and it seems more likely to get 3-6 on ds in 3d, which really are the cream of the crop anyway.

Well damnit... I think I just might break down and get FFIV. It looks really good to me, and I'm dying to see what they'll do with it in 3D. :( Hopefully I can sell my GBA version for a decent amount...

It's still such a waste though. I would have so much preferred they just moved on with FFVII, we already have portable I-VI. :(

bluemax

Banned
Yixian said:
Really? See I could imagine it being ok with FFX, but I haven't played XII and I assumed this gambit business would require some heavy menu configuring. But if you say so.

Well I read basic kana fairly well so I guess that helped. But I pretty much used the same 5 gambits on all my characters for the entire game. It was a little harder than it might be with a more extensive set up, but it was fairly doable.

Johnas

Count me in with Error and friends on wanting more DQ on DS. That series needs more love in NA. I don't at all want to see it recycled to the extent that FF has, but I'd love to see that remake of IV make it out over here somehow, as well as the inevitable VI and VII remakes. I'd really love to see some kind of DS compilation of the first three games (even a port of the SFAM games). I know they came out on GBC, but naturally those versions had to be watered down a little to fit.

AniHawk

cartman414 said:
The problem wasn't the pacing, but the overall disjointedness and decidedly contrived elements of the story.

That's also true.

"I WILL SACRIFICE MYSELF FOR THE GREATER CAUSE!!!"

"Lol I got better."

It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't happen to EVERY ****ING CHARACTER IN THE GAME.

I missed the news that FF4 was coming to DS thanks to the poor thread title of the last topic: "??IV 3D remake to DS"

I don't know if i'd replay FFIV, I just beat the GBA version a year ago. I never even bothered with the Final Fantasy III remake yet. I played a friend's copy for about 20 minutes and it didn't appeal to me.

neoxavean

Banned
Does anyone know the specifics on the sound capabilities of the DS? The music in FF3 sounded muffled the entire way through (with headphones). Yet the soundtrack sounds crystal clear.

AniHawk

Darunia said:
The overall extreme crapiness of the story kinda makes it charming in a way

Until I played it, I was led to believe FFIV was some sort of gaming classic. Man, was I disappointed.

Johnas

AniHawk said:
Until I played it, I was led to believe FFIV was some sort of gaming classic. Man, was I disappointed.

How old are you? Just curious, serious question.

I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy an RPG from so long ago if I were playing it for the first time today.

KTallguy

Banned
Man, my nostalgia goggles are thick as hell.

In my mind FFIV was one of the best story driven console RPGs of all time.

Why is it so crappy again?

Teasel

AniHawk said:
That's also true.

"I WILL SACRIFICE MYSELF FOR THE GREATER CAUSE!!!"

"Lol I got better."

It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't happen to EVERY ****ING CHARACTER IN THE GAME.

that's not true

four.jpg

ccbfan

Oh hell yes.

My favorite RPG ever remade and i could play this game a hundred more times.

Heck this news has got me so excited that not only am I gonna buy this day 1 but I'm also going to import the Pal version of FFIVA (which is suppose to fix a lot of the bugs) and play that.

Plus if they're remaking FFIV, its only natural to think FFV and FFVI is coming next. I mean other than FFV not coming to the U.S has FFIV, FFV, and FFIV ever not come together.

Top Bottom