• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII PC re-release. SE Store Exclusive - Out now, Internet required

Mapping the buttons didn't work for me either the first time I tried to. I think it's because you have to have the controller already on before you launch the game. I know that this is the case in a number of other games.

Yeah I had the controller on before I launched the game.

The defaults are weird, I need to change them (ex: the menu is the square/X button...eww)

Jucksalbe

Banned
Um...

error.jpg

Hmm....is this your first time starting the game? Had no problem starting it offline when I tried it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Mt. Corel rail-thingy is beautiful.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Thank you for putting these up. :)

They aren't that bad. I'll post the 1998 versions for comparison. I'm not too enthralled by Still More Fighting's backing synth. They toned down the lead synth in the mixing for the J-E-N-O-V-A mix which I think some people may not like. But it sounds like a bit of a remix nonetheless.

Hm. Well, when I played the PC version on a Windows 95/non-98 Plus machine, OWA
didn't have lyrics either
, lol. Mixing sounds a little weird.

Final Fantasy VII PC 1998 - Still More Fighting

Final Fantasy VII PC 1998 - J-E-N-O-V-A

Final Fantasy VII PC 1998 - One Winged Angel

Eyothrie

To those using a 360 controller.. Is there no way to map the d-pad? I don't mind using the analog stick while running around, but I HATE navigating the menus with it

Jucksalbe

Banned
Since people seem to need images: This is what you get when you start the game offline if you played the game before:

You can simply click on "Continue" and play the game.
Going by Kagari's image, you need to be online the FIRST time you start the game, though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sorry small, cute birds... but I have to eat you :( I'm starving.

To those using a 360 controller.. Is there no way to map the d-pad? I don't mind using the analog stick while running around, but I HATE navigating the menus with it

If you go into the settings in the launcher and go to joystick then you can use your mouse to click on the action you want to map and then press the button on the 360 you want to map to the action.

Should work for movement, I haven't tried it. Works for other actions, such as menu, etc.

You cant use analog and d-pad simultaneously it seems.

The character booster is rather dumb. I don't think I am gonna bother with it after all. If I could manually change my levels it would be great. This is just Max everything with no challenge. This version feels new enough to give it another go. Think I am gonna avoid all sidequests though.

Jucksalbe

Banned

I have the same problem with my PS2 and even with my PS1 controller. Guess it just doesn't work. Using the analog stick for menus is pretty awkward and not very precise.

Eyothrie

If you go into the settings in the launcher and go to joystick then you can use your mouse to click on the action you want to map and then press the button on the 360 you want to map to the action.

Should work for movement, I haven't tried it. Works for other actions, such as menu, etc.

You cant use analog and d-pad simultaneously it seems.

No luck. Looks like I'll have to deal with the analog stick for menu navigation

McNum

There's no excuse at all for not using the PSX music. Hopefully someone mods that in before long.
If it uses .ogg files, it should be as simple as swapping out the file. The new one should have the exact same length and timing as the old, though, so it will loop properly.

Yoshichan

Bombs are cheap

Aeana

If it uses .ogg files, it should be as simple as swapping out the file. The new one should have the exact same length and timing as the old, though, so it will loop properly.
Yes, the looping is the problem. Odds are they won't match up, so it'll have to be redone.

There's no excuse at all for not using the PSX music. Hopefully someone mods that in before long.

I dunno, for me personally I am liking this. It's like some strange midi variation of the soundtrack that I have never heard before. I don't mind really, as the PS1 version is the only one I have been hearing for 15 years.

Yoshichan

The backstory of Mt Corel... oh my God.

Why is everything in this game so good? Why can't we get games like these this gen?

Aeana

I dunno, for me personally I am liking this. It's like some strange midi variation of the soundtrack that I have never heard before. I don't mind really, as the PS1 version is the only one I have been hearing for 15 years.
The instruments used in FF7 are just as iconic as the notes themselves, for me.

I'm just using the analogue stick, but I'd also rather use the dpad in menus. I'm guessing our only option would be to use xpadder or joy2key or something.

Emitan

A 15 year old game with always online DRM? Because it's totally impossible to pirate this game, right? OH SHIT PS1 EMULATORS. Anyone who wants to pirate this game already has. What's the point?

Jeeze. Was actually thinking of buying this if it ever hits Steam (even though I own it on PSN) but not if they keep this restriction.

Yep, I finally, finally got the game dowloaded after trying all day and now I'm getting the same connection error posted above :mad:

There's no way that I'll ever download a game directly from SE again.

antitrop

Yep, I finally, finally got the game dowloaded after trying all day and now I'm getting the same connection error posted above :mad:

There's no way that I'll ever download a game directly from SE again.
I've already played more than 2 hours of the game and only had to restart the game a few times to get the online connection working, maybe you're just really unlucky.

Dragon

Banned
Ya, I don't think I realized that when I played it for the first time in '98 (I was 13). It's incredibly obvious now, though. She's all about Cloud.

No one gives a crap when she dies either. It's almost as lame as the fight that happens right before.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Does everyone who has these connection errors have the US version?
I don't have any problems connecting to the servers with the EU version.

Top Bottom