Final Fantasy VIII censored on PS4? (other platforms?)

ColdToffee

Oct 24, 2017
Portugal
I actually prefer the new version, because that fake yellow bush was creepy! Looked like a vagwig. (i guess they could as easily made the color softer)

polybius80

Jan 10, 2019
ok, enough is enough I am not buying ps5 until the situation is back to normal or is really cheap, xbox is a no and nintendo is not going to release a new console until mid-gen so Ill save lot of money

Last edited:

Clear

Feb 2, 2009
Maybe we’ll revisit this post in the future whe a game that you do ‘give a toss’ about gets censored. Then we can talk about how giving them an Inch results in them taking much much more over time.
I highly doubt that's going to happen.

But besides my point was basically that having tried playing the game at PAL speed on the PS3 reissue, I found it pretty unbearable having played the game so many times on PS NTSC builds, and PC in the past.

That would be a deal-breaker for me, whereas a couple of textures being changed is neither here nor there.

.rain

Nov 6, 2016
Most people who played FF8 were teenagers just like me. I'm almost 33 yrs old and seeing pussy doesn't make me feel confused... or SE think we are still teenagers?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Three

Oct 26, 2014
Really? It's stupid thing to be annoyed at but Sony is making some dumb decisions lately. I'll wait to see if the other versions have the same changes.
Who said this is a sony decision? You haven't even seen it on other platforms.

Microsoft please DON’T FUCK UP NEXT GEN.
Sure, what will be different on it though? it will have the same censorship.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vawn

CausticVenom

Apr 27, 2018
I'm an absolute gentleman, but I'm most proud of being called an ally.

@Melon

Please tell them/they.
You're no ally of anyone. Women don't appreciate shilling.

A guy who has an avatar of a woman half-swallowing a long hotdog is being called a feminist.

Now I've read everything.
I don't care about the image but what he's saying. Kid doesn't understand irony, now I've heard everything.

Last edited:

magnumpy

Sep 8, 2014
Texas
even the original version was censored (her pubes were covered up by that little yellow bit)

the new version just takes things as they were and takes them TO THE EXTREME!!1

in the future everything will be like minecraft except with ray-tracing

MagnesG

Apr 20, 2019
I came here wondering what there was to censor - I mean, VIII is the tamest of all post-VII games - but Sony did find a way.
It's still not confirmed it's Sony fault or not. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
It could be, you know, the "Ethics Department".

Reactions: Isa