• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2010 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

pancakesandsex said:
For real? You're done?

I don't take kindly to pms asking to share my account info.

Nah, it's Sacan flavored humor! He got his crests in Abyssea the other day.

I still can't believe it took me forever to get my PUP seals for my leg AF. I got enough to do the DRK and RDM legs too doing all those damn sausages.

Also, that guy sending the PM is a dumbass.

Shouta said:
Nah, it's Sacan flavored humor! He got his crests in Abyssea the other day.

I still can't believe it took me forever to get my PUP seals for my leg AF. I got enough to do the DRK and RDM legs too doing all those damn sausages.

Also, that guy sending the PM is a dumbass.

Do they stack now?

Rawk Hawk

Alright so I'm back from vacation, I see a lot has happened in the last couple weeks.

I'm not sure how much playing time I'll have, but I plan on trying to get on a little tonight. I've got a lot of reading and updating to do.

Shouta

Haven't decided yet in full but was thinking Rabanastre. It'll depend on Hoga and Night as well. I think Jae and Darsh are going with Lindblum.

Tomorrow will be AF feet hunting time! Get home from Tokyo then!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Shouta said:
Haven't decided yet in full but was thinking Rabanastre. It'll depend on Hoga and Night as well. I think Jae and Darsh are going with Lindblum.

Tomorrow will be AF feet hunting time! Get home from Tokyo then!

Rawr! Why must you guys go to a different server?!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
pancakesandsex said:
You guys should hop on the steam chat more so we can discuss.

Christ, kintaro have you even been on there yet?

There's a Steam chat? :lol I haven't played FFXI in quite a long time. I just popped in to see what craziness was happening in this game and the LS. My main reason for getting this was more SoD fun. Some of them are in the GAF LS, but some of them like Sacan, Len and others went to another server. Why? I don't know. =/

Kintaro said:
There's a Steam chat? :lol I haven't played FFXI in quite a long time. I just popped in to see what craziness was happening in this game and the LS. My main reason for getting this was more SoD fun. Some of them are in the GAF LS, but some of them like Sacan, Len and others went to another server. Why? I don't know. =/

Yeah there is a whole SoD steam group I set up. It's a decent way to keep in touch outside the game / when you randomly DC.

Doodlebug

No Selbina love?

That's definitely one of my favourite tracks from XI.

[Edit:]Spent too long going to listen to the actual track again, that and Mhaura. Didn't see Pan's post.

ANYWAYS...

Got my Medal of Altana back today, campaign is piss easy to earn xp in now. You can solo mobs no problem, great for getting a few k back after you die in Dynamis or something.

Teknoman

Go to Lindblum.

flddkz.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUYNzNkiwfM

nara

Banned
I'm trying to change my billing information but I can't seem to do it..anyone know how you change your billing and address information for playonline?

desa

Yeah I really think we should do selbina. It's sure to attract players from FFXI. My old LS mates and people I know from FFXI are deciding on Selbina.

desa said:
Yeah I really think we should do selbina. It's sure to attract players from FFXI. My old LS mates and people I know from FFXI are deciding on Selbina.

Wound up in Lindblum anyway, I'm gonna head up the shell creation tomorrow when my copy arrives.

Just a update. I finally got level 85 and some change and I need a break from 2 weeks of straight campaigns lol. I've started my ninja leveling to 49 and will fill in exp on pup through out the time.

I finally got the 2 add-on packs for Abyssea today and I really need a quick strat guide or even a person or 2 to show me around. I've read ffxiclopedia and it's pretty well insane lol.

On a FF14 side note. One of my buds who left FFXI on Saturday to go into 14 full time was going to offer me his buddy pass. I downloaded the 14 torrent but my "main" comp is running 2004 "parts" (I'm not a PC gamer). I did a complete OS re-install today and updated all drivers and the benchmark won't even show video. Sound yes and it goes through the bench and gave me a 374 score lol.... I ran the version3 FFXI bench on it and it gave me a 4047 on high settings and 6010 on low settings.

I'm just going to wait for the PS3 version since I was only going to try 14 out for the 30 day buddy pass. My laptop which I use all the time can't even load the 14 benchmark. :lol

Shouta

I can help you get started in Abyssea. The first two things we'll need to get you is the two Abyssites to speed up your stone collection though.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I'm having terrible luck on AF3 stuff.

Doing the SMN feet one and I've done the quest 79 times so far.

I've gotten...

8 Scholar
7 Warrior
5 Dancer
5 Summoner

Don't even want to dread how difficult it will be to get the head pieces...

Edited for GAF's dirty dirty minds

Cool.

I'm sort of mini ghetto in regards to leveling up lol. I'm taking the same route I took war to 49. I do Qufim from 37 to 42 with Field Manual Page 5 with empress band and killing waiting for new day to pop.

Then I go to Eastern Altepa Desert on Page 1 through 5 and get level 49 while there. It takes sometime but it's some good soloing and pretty safe once I get around 44 or so.

I've pimped out nin as much as I can. I got into some gil with my bud leaving FFXI for 14. So I've sunk in aobut 1.3mil now into nin up to lev49. I just missing some major stacks of nin tools lol.

CATDAFELIX said:
Cool.

I'm sort of mini ghetto in regards to leveling up lol. I'm taking the same route I took war to 49. I do Qufim from 37 to 42 with Field Manual Page 5 with empress band and killing waiting for new day to pop.

Then I go to Eastern Altepa Desert on Page 1 through 5 and get level 49 while there. It takes sometime but it's some good soloing and pretty safe once I get around 44 or so.

I've pimped out nin as much as I can. I got into some gil with my bud leaving FFXI for 14. So I've sunk in aobut 1.3mil now into nin up to lev49. I just missing some major stacks of nin tools lol.

Screw it, just sub rdm or something and hit things with shadows up and an enspell.

Congrats on the ring :D

300px-Rabao.JPG

"All your mail is now forwarded to the Post Office in Rabao".

My home for the next 20hrs game time. I hit level 44 ninja and now I'm living in Rabao until level 49. :lol The cool thing is that I'm fighting even matches and even tough mobs so I'm getting exp quicker. I think I'm going to take on goblins in the area once I hit 46 or so.

I'm doing the 1 Field Manual at 0:00 then I wait almost 1 1/2 hrs then I can do a triple in about 30mins or so. It adds up and less wait time in the middle.

CATDAFELIX said:
Congrats on the ring :D

300px-Rabao.JPG

"All your mail is now forwarded to the Post Office in Rabao".

My home for the next 20hrs game time. I hit level 44 ninja and now I'm living in Rabao until level 49. :lol The cool thing is that I'm fighting even matches and even tough mobs so I'm getting exp quicker. I think I'm going to take on goblins in the area once I hit 46 or so.

I'm doing the 1 Field Manual at 0:00 then I wait almost 1 1/2 hrs then I can do a triple in about 30mins or so. It adds up and less wait time in the middle.

Nice. What are you subbing?

jiggle

this is my first time canceling XI account
can anyone tell me how to go about doing it
so I can still come back some point in the future
and my characters will still be there?

Doodlebug

Quadratic said:
Yes, you would be charged the whole month of September. If you are consdering starting FFXI. Begin at the start of the month.
pancakesandsex said:
Best to start as close to the first of the month as possible.

Alright. Thanks. I won't be able to play FFXIV until March, so I'm thinking I'll play XI at least until then. Purchased it through Steam.

DaBuddaDa

jiggle said:
this is my first time canceling XI account
can anyone tell me how to go about doing it
so I can still come back some point in the future
and my characters will still be there?
Log into PlayOnline and simply cancel all of your content IDs. Don't "delete" anything. That's all you need to do.

If you want to come back, just log back into PlayOnline and re-activate all of the content IDs. Boom, done.

Well I finally got nin to 49 about a week ago. I've been on the LS sometimes since I posted last and there's nobody :( On sept 26th was my bday and I received an email from a LS I was on in 2008/2009). I forgot about that ls and lost the pearl when they did the server switch over.

Back in the day this was a "End Game" ls but with people leaving for 14 it's really turned into a more social LS with the perks of doing some tough missions and LS events with assault, missions and abyssa. I found the ls website and got a pearl from them since I was member (They are the ones who helped me get my o-hat). Good all around people and very friendly. I wouldn't consider this ls a "End Game" anymore.

I can put in a good word for any gaf ls member to join this LS. The LS is called "The Crystal Dream" and I figure some of you might have heard of them in the past. Some of the members have gone to 14 while the majority have stayed on with FFXI.

This isn't a member grab but some fresh blood and to pull the resources of the gaf ls and combine them into CD ls. Let me know. Doing FFXI solo without anybody to chat with was :(

CATDAFELIX said:
Well I finally got nin to 49 about a week ago. I've been on the LS sometimes since I posted last and there's nobody :( On sept 26th was my bday and I received an email from a LS I was on in 2008/2009). I forgot about that ls and lost the pearl when they did the server switch over.

Back in the day this was a "End Game" ls but with people leaving for 14 it's really turned into a more social LS with the perks of doing some tough missions and LS events with assault, missions and abyssa. I found the ls website and got a pearl from them since I was member (They are the ones who helped me get my o-hat). Good all around people and very friendly. I wouldn't consider this ls a "End Game" anymore.

I can put in a good word for any gaf ls member to join this LS. The LS is called "The Crystal Dream" and I figure some of you might have heard of them in the past. Some of the members have gone to 14 while the majority have stayed on with FFXI.

This isn't a member grab but some fresh blood and to pull the resources of the gaf ls and combine them into CD ls. Let me know. Doing FFXI solo without anybody to chat with was :(

Put in a good word for me? I'm ronery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom