• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII on Steam October 9th, $16; full trilogy by Spring 2015

Gumbie

Buying to support more Final Fantasy on PC, and the game is a looker for the most part. Please have 60 FPS+ support.

Good thing I wont have to get 13-3 on PS3 now atleast....

Same here.

I would assume Square Enix is going to be watching these sales numbers with great interest if they are still deciding about putting XV on PC.

I'm so conflicted. my PC wouldn't make this look that much better than on PS3, I'm sure....but....I...I don't konw.

If it were 13-2 it'd be a no-brainer, but I don't see any significant reason for 13 on my PC. >.>

Fjordson

I can't believe people are actually happy for this. The game is horrible, like REALLY bad.
You're absolutely not wrong about the Lightning trilogy being garbage, but I think people are just excited that it may signify future FF games on PC.

never played this before..should i?
If you're a Final Fantasy superfan and want to do try and help usher in future FF games then maybe? Otherwise, no.

Tizoc

Game'll prob. be up on GMG in a few hours? Might get it off there, as $10 is the max price point I'd pay for FF13.

Styles

Currently imagining FFXV on PC @ 60FPS with Ultra settings....

jHpHAW2Qa9hI.jpg

Cool news. One great aspect about PC gaming is that it can play games across all console generations. Can't wait to see how it'll look at 4k and (hopefully) 60 fps.

Pooya

It's a 5 years old game, of course it runs on just about anything now :p

--

Screenshots on steam page are all old stuff. meh. Maybe I manage to beat LR on here, couldn't stand it on PS3.

TheF1BOB

Banned
In all honesty, I really don't give a tosh about 13 and 13-2 but did enjoy LR a lot so will double dip when that becomes available.

You're actually going to play it a second time?

Well believe it or not, he might actually like the game enough to buy it again.

I know...mind blown.

ash321

I don't think my PC can fix the story. What should i do gaf ?
/s
If FFXV is good and it come out on PC i'll buy it, this ? pass.

Was honestly not expecting this to come to PC at all and even at that price because...SE.

My guess is that this is also testing grounds for FFXV to see if there is demand for newer FF games on PC.

Deadbeat

Banned
I might buy this because im the guy that buys a final fantasy game, plays it, then wonders why I even bothered.
Didn't they fuck up Deus EX HR Director's Cut...like...really badly? lol

I know they've done well elsewhere, but it comes to mind.(and still not fixed)
They didnt do the directors cut. Thats why its shit.

Mesoian

I spent more on Hack and Slash (which is a better game than FF13).

But I support this. I want Square's library on PC and if shelling out 15 bucks is how to do it, then let's do it. I wish Square had a tip jar so I didn't have to support FF13 directly but...fuck it, that's petty inside baseball gamer bullshit and, at the end of the day, I want KH1.5,2.5, FF15, shit, Square's entire back catalog on steam.

I want 10HD on PC.
I want 12HD on PC.
I want Type 0 on PC.

I want it all on PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzr12gBrXA8

Caayn

I wonder what the graphical differences will be outside of resolution and framerate. Hope that the game supports 21:9 resolutions.

Obligatory
RqKRFZn.png

I've never played the game. what do people mean by it takes 20 hours to get good. what is the turning point? the world opens up? characters get developed? someone fill me in

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I can't keep up with the hate, DAMN.

Caius is the best "villain", Noel is the best male hero, FFXIII-2 OST is the best of all time

YES. I AM SERIOUS.

PS: I've 100%ed FFXIII and XIII-2 twice, and beaten XIII four times.

Aeana

For some games, yes. This game would not be improved in any way with a 60FPS.
Yes, it would. It would be improved in exactly the same way any other game is when going from 30 to 60. It's not a game-dependent thing.
And FF13 wasn't even a solid 30 to begin with, so it'd be improved just by being locked at 30 and being stable.

Top Bottom