• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII on Steam October 9th, $16; full trilogy by Spring 2015

Dawg

It's over, period. consoles lost their last ace, and that's the end of their hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for consoles. They have nothing left, nothing they can reveal tomorrow would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest in a console. Except if they want to play Destiny. Which will also come to PC at some point.

The age of consoles is done.

PaulBizkit

I can't believe people are actually happy for this. The game is horrible, like REALLY bad.

Everybody says the same before playing it:

C'mon, the game can't be a hallway ALL the time. And the story in XII was messy too.

Then they play it and say:

OMG, it REALLY is a hallway ALL. THE. TIME. There are no shops, towns, it is really LONG. Fal'cie, Al'ciet, Cieth, what the hell am i doing? who do i want to defeat?? Who are these people??

Hopefully mods will make this game worth the $15 it costs.

If it sells well we might get Type 0 HD too.

ibkxz6LiN7kRUi.gif

Before SE was just putting PS1 games (FFVII, VIII) on PC. Now that they've put XIII I believe everything will eventually hit PC. I expect XV to probably be like GTA5 though.

No controller support? Steam doesn't say partial- or full controller support

Additional Notes: A game controller using Xinput is reccomended for this game. (If using a DirectInput based controller, please use the driver side key configuration to adjust settings as required )

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I am more than happy to buy the trilogy on PC just wanted for the upgraded visuals alone. Even if my opinion hasn't been so great on the trilogy, I can muster interest in a far superior visual presentation as well as better load times.

On Demand

Banned
I hope so. That way I could hold off on buying a PS4 for just a bit longer.

Pretty big news. As with MGS V and GTA V, hopefully this will be the norm for this gen with console versions coming out about a year before the PC version. If so, I can wait for FFXV and Kingdom Hearts 3 since I have no desire for a PS4.

Sony should be worried. How many others will be doing the same?

This is why exclusives matter.

Caayn

Bought, even though I already own the 360 and PS3 version, just to shows support for Japanese big budget games on PC.
I'm even more amazed at the European price though. I'd never have expected them to price it fairly when it is already that low anyway.
Second this. A fair price for us in the EU compared to the US. Other publisher should take note.

BasilZero

I can't believe people are actually happy for this. The game is horrible, like REALLY bad.

I have ffxiii and xiii-2 on ps3 and I enjoyed both. Gonna double dip on this.

boinx

lol, what mods? what games other than bethesda games these days get mods worth anything anyways. It sure as shit ain't the same scene as 14 years ago.

ohlawd

Wasted 120 hours platinum-ing it on PS3. You finish the game at 30 hours.
Never again.

lol I plat this game about a week after NA release and I almost plat it the 2nd time on a different account (I'm actually close to finishing up Tortoise farming, just stopped cuz reasons)

fucking love FFXIII.

Lulubop

Before SE was just putting PS1 games (FFVII, VIII) on PC. Now that they've put XIII I believe everything will eventually hit PC. I expect XV to probably be like GTA5 though.

Those weren't ps1 games, those where PC rereleases of two FF games that came out around the same time as their ps1 counterparts.

ShowDog

Hopefully we will be able to import a save that skips the first 10 hours or so. I heard it gets better but I couldn't make it past 3 hours on console and I do kinda hate to miss a mainline FF.

impact

Banned
I love this series and I wish they'd all be on Steam along with more JRPGs in general.... but I can't support this. The game is terrible.

Should have been Type-0. I would have gladly bought that on Steam >_>

Valnen

lol, what mods? what games other than bethesda games these days get mods worth anything anyways. It sure as shit ain't the same scene as 14 years ago.

Yeah this is pretty much what I think when people talk about the modding community for upcoming PC games. It feels like only a small handful of titles actually see any attention from modders.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
This basically confirms Square Enix's strategy moving forward - release their software on multiple platforms, one might see an eventual release of Final Fantasy XV on PC, count on it.

jorgeton

Nice. I'd like to see LR:FFXIII with the graphics maxed out on PC. It ran ok on PS3 but it did have a level of jank that maybe the PC port will overcome.

Top Bottom