• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII on Steam October 9th, $16; full trilogy by Spring 2015

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Those system reqs are ridiculously low or is it just me?

This port was in part created to power their cloud streaming service for mobile, so they had a lot of incentive to optimize it as much as possible so they could run multiple instances on one cloud server.

Durante

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for any system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for PC or you can kiss your business goodbye.
Good job getting this in on the first page ;)

From the looks of those screenshots... they didn't really touch anything up...'
Those are console screenshots. They don't really need to touch anything up, the game assets are already gorgeous. Just wait until they are rendered at 6k with AF.

The first game always looked best, hopefully this port will make it seem even prettier.. I guess.. also unlimited frames will be welcome
In truth not really interested. I moved on from the series..

It's surprising to see it so cheap, it's even cheaper than FFIV and a lot of their iOS games.

Good for the people that wanted it.

Ralemont

not me
What? They were insinuating that FFXIII was so bad of a product that re-releasing it would be shameful and dishonour Japanese culture, thereby alienating Japanese fans (or something). That makes NO sense.

It's just a meme, the post wasn't serious.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So that makes 6 Final Fantasy games on Steam. What do you guys think of the chances that they'll fill in the rest of the series?

bflfHd2.jpg

"She's here forever"

Wow, that's 1/4 of the price I expected. Why so reasonable SE?

And they are using PS3 screenshots on Steam which PERFECTLY illustrate why we need this on PC:

linkfilter

In addition to the generally terrible IQ I somehow managed to forget (or purge from memory) that the game didn't have AF at all.

Can you imagine I played this on a 360?

I'm selling my copy tomorrow.

muteki

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for any system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for PC or you can kiss your business goodbye.

I think it being on 360 was a bigger deal and people got over it.

benjammin

Ugh. Stop putting unnecessary work into 13, put more resources into getting 15 out before 2016, and let us pretend that 13 never happened

Easy_D

never left the stone age
In real 1080p goodness? Fuck yeah.
Truffles.jpg

Seriously though, with a price that low I might as well try it out. It's not like I have any expectations so I wont be disappointed.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I am fucking dying from hype

Bloodborne and this

And Versus

FUYCKJPOISAJHFSAPFPSAJHF

ConceptX

For that price? I've pre-ordered.

I'm actually not the biggest fan of the 13 Saga, but it's music, it's visuals, and on PC, for that price, makes it a no brainer to me.

vareon

YES! As a PC+Wii+DS owner last gen I can't be more satisfied. Now let's see what the fuss about this "Lightning" girl is all about.

Pachimari

Can we assume that we are getting Type-0, FFXV, and KH3 as well?

Square still has FFVI and FF Tactics iOS ports and XIII-2/Lightning Returns from the leak.
Wait what! There's a leak mentioning Tactics is on the way to Steam as will?

I should participate more in the Steam threads again and I will soon enough.

What? They were insinuating that FFXIII was so bad of a product that re-releasing it would be shameful and dishonour Japanese culture, thereby alienating Japanese fans (or something). That makes NO sense.

Dude.. It's an ancient gaf meme from when this game went multiplatform. I would appreciate it if someone pulled up the link.

Erasus

I played through this on PS3 and I really liked it. Takes a while to get going, but once you get the paradigm and level system its a fun RPG imo.

Looked great on PS3, interested in seeing what options there are on this.

The Last Remnant looks and runs great, but is UE3. Wonder how Crystal Engine performs on PC!

Top Bottom