• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII on Steam October 9th, $16; full trilogy by Spring 2015

BasilZero

YES!

Will be getting this in the future!

Are those the recommended specs as shown 0.0

Amazed at the price may get this before the ffiv port

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I read the description and it says English Audio only, but anyone think there's any chance of getting the Japanese Audio? I'm not one of those sub purists, it's just my favorite voice actress/singer voiced Lightning.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
SE has odd pricing, why is this the same price as FFIV? I mean, I know FFIV is actually a good game, but I would expect it to be cheaper.

Koriandrr

What? They were insinuating that FFXIII was so bad of a product that re-releasing it would be shameful and dishonour Japanese culture, thereby alienating Japanese fans (or something). That makes NO sense.

FYI the game was a success in Japan and all the Japanese fans absolutely ADORE Lightning.

Sweet! Will double-dip.

I hope someone makes a mod for instantaneous Paradigm Shifts. It's a small fix that would make the battle system more enjoyable for me.

z1ggy

Really nice price tag. SE doing things in the right direction (
worlds ending
). Might double dip if this is 60 fps.

Eolz

That's cheap, but I still won't buy it. Bad game. They'll probably do a trilogy pack next year too.
Shame about Lightning returns, would have bought it if I didn't buy the console version some months ago.

Now I know it'll be best to wait before buying Type 0 HD and XV, we'll probably get them on PC as well.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Wait what! There's a leak mentioning Tactics is on the way to Steam as will?

I should participate more in the Steam threads again and I will soon enough.

Well they've been slowly bringing over their iOS ports to Steam, so it's assumed that eventually Tactics will come over.

Slowdive

Banned
I'll probably get this day one. I've never played XIII-2 or Lightning returns so I'll probably get those too depending on the price.

patapuf

I read the description and it says English Audio only, but anyone think there's any chance of getting the Japanese Audio? I'm not one of those sub purists, it's just my favorite voice actress/singer voiced Lightning.

The steam page indicates that the japanese audio is also available.

syko de4d

No japanese audio though, was this true of the console releases as well?

mhh i have a
ico_greencheck.png
for Japanese Audio in the steam store. But in the discription they say English Audio. No idea what is true, i want jap dub :(

Seanspeed

Banned
SE has odd pricing, why is this the same price as FFIV? I mean, I know FFIV is actually a good game, but I would expect it to be cheaper.
Because production costs for porting the games over probably weren't substantially different between the two.

vareon

Who else got the Asia version? I got Asia version here which means Japanese voice. Would've preferred English voice but I'll take what I can get.

mdzapeer

Buying to support more Final Fantasy on PC, and the game is a looker for the most part. Please have 60 FPS+ support.

Good thing I wont have to get 13-3 on PS3 now atleast....

Shepard

Wise, considering the battles in FF4 PC seem to be 15 FPS, and I don't think Durante is gonna save us this time.

Not only 15 fps but they are also on a different aspect ratio. So during battles you get black bars on the sides of the screen.

Haven't played LR yet, will pick it up when it's on sale or maybe the bundle when it's on sale, though I doubt better IQ will be enough to make me replay XIII.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
By the way:
capturesesgp.png

Will be fun to play with Japanese audio.

Huh?
Consoles were single audio though.

Edit:
Wait, it directly contradicts the text.
mhh i have a
ico_greencheck.png
for Japanese Audio in the steam store. But in the discription they say English Audio. No idea what is true, i want jap dub :(

From the Steam thread:

Language lists on store pages are app-based. There's nothing Squeenix can do about excluded languages "erroneously" appearing, hence the clarification in the description.

That being said, there's no reason, technically speaking, why Squeenix couldn't include all of the languages. The language included in your initial download is determined by the language Steam is set to; any other languages are optional and can be selected in the game's properties window.

The sudden influx of Japanese PC ports is quite surreal. Metal Gear Solid V, Way Of The Samurai 4, now Final Fantasy. Hope this means we get XV as well.

Kazdane

So double dipping on this. I'll definitely get it for PC. Loved it in X360 (hey, shoot me, but I didn't mind the corridors at all, and the story was great once you made sense of everything stored in the Datalog)

Top Bottom