• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

gngf123

Comparison PC and PS3 cutscenes:
PC:
ffxiiiimg2014-10-0919ojjcl.png

PS3:
amarec20141009-1948293uun0.png

PC:
ffxiiiimg2014-10-09193kkq3.png

PS3:
amarec20141009-194838jxubd.png

So yes, not PS3 quality :(

What the fuck Square Enix.

daniels

So with the exception of sometimes (lol) 60fps square got everything wrong with this port? Wow thats some achievement congrats square..

teiresias

Forced 720p resolution and framerate all over the place? Soooooo glad I didn't buy this crap.

few more screens

2014_10_09_00007.jpg

2014_10_09_00008.jpg

And what the hell is up with the self shadowing in these screens - there are like discrete lines instead of actual shadows (look at the shadow on the back of her arms on the first and on the side of her face, to the left - viewer's side - of her nose, in the second).

JP/ENG has their own lipsynched cutscene, that's why it increased to 50GB after they added dual audio. The PS3 version of FFXIII with only English cutscenes/audio is 40GB. So they're definitely more compressed, no where near as bad as 360 though.

xxw9Tfa.png
/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuck you Square

Raitningz

For everyone wondering why it's 60GB: Dual Audio.

My Asian version of the game is only 26 GB(I only have Japanese voices), considerably smaller than the PS3 version

Zafir

I don't think the cutscenes are 360 quality either are they though? I remember the 360 ones being a lot worse. Unless i'm remembering wrongly.

ViviOggi

Wait, the game is 60 gigs because they didn't bother including separate audio/video streams for the two languages but just muxed that shit together, having every video exist twice? I... I don't know what to say

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Wait, the game is 60 gigs because they didn't bother including separate audio/video streams for the two languages but just muxed that shit together, having every video exist twice? I... I don't know what to say

No, there's two different renders for different lipsync.

It's a shitty port all things considered, but 60fps and dual language support make it still the best version imo.

it just could have been so much better.

Thaedolus

Man, the cutscene thing isn't just this game though...Shadow of Mordor has horrible compression too. It's really unforgivable on PCs these days. Use a better goddamn codec, use more space, anything...but these horribly compressed cutscenes need to go

Sucks. :(

Some thoughts:

1. Saved some money.
2. No wonder it's cheap!
3. I guess I don't have to go through all that slog again. Just play and finish up my 360 version since I'm on disc 3.
4. Will skip FFXIII-2.
5. May get LR for 60fps.

Kyougar

anybody has a list for motionjoy? I have my ps3 controller plugged in, but the buttons are mostly wrong. right stick isnt changing camera i.e. what should I configure

For everyone wondering why it's 60GB: Dual Audio.

My Asian version of the game is only 26 GB(I only have Japanese voices), considerably smaller than the PS3 version

You would think we could have an option to opt out. They probably figured the otakus of america would have strokes if the jap audio wasn't in. Doesn't matter to me but I feel they would be right about that.

kiyomi

It's super weird. FRAPS is saying the cutscenes are all at 60FPS but it feels like there is some significant slowdown.

locked 720p, random framerate drops on a GPU that should run circles around this game, compressed videos

I wish I could go back in time and punch myself in the face for buying this

Last time I'm ever pre-ordering a Square-Enix game, fuck "showing support for Japanese games"

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's super weird. FRAPS is saying the cutscenes are all at 60FPS but it feels like there is some significant slowdown.
Square co-working with Ninja Theory?!

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Obviously, the port isn't perfect, but dual audio makes it the definitive version for me. I'm confident we'll see a resolution fix and possibly even a cut scene fix (though the quality isn't THAT bad).

Caayn

No 21:9 support, no AA, no shadow quality, no texture settings, no AF, not even the ability to change resolution, absolutely nothing. Why am I not surprised.

I do wonder why the PC version is 60GB vs the 37GB of the PS3 version. The dual language can't make up the 23GB difference right.

Hikami

Took me longer to unpack than it did to download..
First and last time I'm ever pre-loading something.

I need an SSD

Top Bottom