• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you rather choose, a new race for 4.0 or higher resolution textures and whatever other upgrade you can think of for the character models and world?

Improved model quality would be great. Also use lots of tessellation to round out the, uh, rounder regions.

I don't know what other races they can plausibly add to the game but it would be pretty awesome if they started letting you play as the beast races. Fuck yo lore and mythology!

creid

If you're interested in a house on Sargatanas I have a small house in the goblet your welcome to take over. I don't want anything for it cause I'm gonna lose it so if s FC member wants it I don't mind giving it to them. You'll need about 4.5 mil to buy the land and put up a house.
I appreciate the offer but I've already got a house that I'm barely using.

Demoskinos

So I need some advice here... when 3.0 launched shortly after I ended up taking a rather large break from FFXIV I came back and was obviously behind on some stuff.

One of those things was the Relic quest. I never quite could force myself to finish the goddamn grind to get those items to turn in. And thats not even mentioning the crafted junk.

So now after the nerf of this step I finally tonight finished the first real arc to the quest and got my 210 relic which is useless to me since i have my upgraded Shiva rod but I want to complete the questline.

With 3.4 on the horizon do you think there is any chance that they nerf the next step and reduce the cost of the Aether Oils?

I'm going to try to do the CT weeklys but I'm debating if its worth trying to grind out a ton of eso right before they shelf it for 3.4 and could possibly nerf it. Should I just go ham on this or just wait and see since the weapon at this point is mostly for vanity.

So I need some advice here... when 3.0 launched shortly after I ended up taking a rather large break from FFXIV I came back and was obviously behind on some stuff.

One of those things was the Relic quest. I never quite could force myself to finish the goddamn grind to get those items to turn in. And thats not even mentioning the crafted junk.

So now after the nerf of this step I finally tonight finished the first real arc to the quest and got my 210 relic which is useless to me since i have my upgraded Shiva rod but I want to complete the questline.

With 3.4 on the horizon do you think there is any chance that they nerf the next step and reduce the cost of the Aether Oils?

I'm going to try to do the CT weeklys but I'm debating if its worth trying to grind out a ton of eso right before they shelf it for 3.4 and could possibly nerf it. Should I just go ham on this or just wait and see since the weapon at this point is mostly for vanity.
Hm, have you considered getting your 230 weapon from Palace of the Dead instead?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Wait and see. Don't waste eso on it, use your eso to buy the item for the next step.

Brohan

So i Can't share an appartement with my Gf her character? That's a real bummer to me.. Guess i still have to get a house somehow which seems pretty much impossible.

Also Does the lvl 50 requirement also count for buying a house?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So i Can't share an appartement with my Gf her character? That's a real bummer to me.. Guess i still have to get a house somehow which seems pretty much impossible.

Also Does the lvl 50 requirement also count for buying a house?

Requirements for buying a house and an apartment are the same.

Is the lyrics to Sephiroth 2nd form referring to Sophia?

Hydaelyn if anything.

Maybe Oils will be cheaper when they turn into Lore items but I wouldn't count on an actual nerf besides making it so you need less oils. They want to keep CT relevant.

ebil

Well, it has been receiving adjustments for the past 15 months and is still the least popular job by far in Savage content so it's not surprising. They promised that instead of going for a huge overhaul they'd buff it a little every patch and they've been true to their word.

ebil

Maybe, lol. AST + WHM was "theoretically good enough for Midas Savage" according to Yoshida (which it was! It's just that the options including a SCH were much better).

Hopefully we're getting a MND bonus for every healer combination, too.

Rizzi

I think the last thing I did when I last played was either unlocked a chocobo, or got the ability to fight with it or something? Thinking about playing again now that I have a PC that won't shit all over itself when there's more than three people on screen.

Squishy3

it just boils down to that apparently SCH will always be the best because they'll always be the best off-healer because of fairy and deployment adlo being ridiculously good

it's more like AST requires more effort to play "well" and while SCH is hardly a no effort class AST played efficiently isn't really anywhere close to SCH, plus you factor in things like card RNG

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Be awake as soon as servers go live on 3.4 and snag one.

We're getting new housing zones in 3.4? I thought it was just apartments added to zones.

Edit: Bah. I'm on a business trip that week. What time will servers go up? Maybe I can be awake for it if it's late at night.

Wilsongt

We're getting new housing zones in 3.4? I thought it was just apartments added to zones.

Edit: Bah. I'm on a business trip that week. What time will servers go up? Maybe I can be awake for it if it's late at night.

Idle houses will be demolished. Usually 5 AM EST.

Wilsongt

Summoner egi?

lCDLaCE.gif

Oh look. A fall off mechanic for Sophia.

What do you think the ilvl requirement will be for Alexander and Sophia? Wondering how much grinding I'll have to do (I'm i213)

Allard

What do you think the ilvl requirement will be for Alexander and Sophia? Wondering how much grinding I'll have to do (I'm i213)

Probably similar to ilvl in 3.2 for Midas and Sephirot EX. Sephirot was ilvl205, 5 ilvls below the previous cap at that time. So I expect Goddess EX to be ilvl235 and normal Alexander to be 230. Dont remember what savage requirements were at release of 3.2. Normal sephirot was ilvl 190 so that means 220 is likely for normal Goddess fight.

iammeiam

lolpvp

You’ll need three parties to utilize the spectator mode and it has to be a custom match. Group A and B fight, group C watches. The party leader of one of the fighting parties will need to invite the spectator party

Probably similar to ilvl in 3.2 for Midas and Sephirot EX. Sephirot was ilvl205, 5 ilvls below the previous cap at that time. So I expect Goddess EX to be ilvl235 and normal Alexander to be 230. Dont remember what savage requirements were at release of 3.2. Normal sephirot was ilvl 190 so that means 220 is likely for normal Goddess fight.

They've never had iLevel requirements for endgame raid before since they always launched where you had to go in; in theory they should launch 9-12S at i240 at the absolute highest. Raid Finder pattern can't be reused since later floors required iLevels that would have prevented groups from running them week 1

Rizzi

Should I just focus on getting to level 50 asap, and then buy the expansion or will I want to get some levels on a secondary class?

Should I just focus on getting to level 50 asap, and then buy the expansion or will I want to get some levels on a secondary class?
Don't worry about the expansion until 50, play however you like until then, there's no rush and it might burn you out to blow out the main scenario.

Just get what ever class is needed to unlock your job to 15. Then carry on through the story. It will gear you up and get you to 50 easily. If you own heavensward then all the lvl 50 quests and dungeons will reward you with xp and set you up perfectly for the expansion on your way to 60. Being ahead of that xp curve will mean almost no grind like those of us experienced at launch. You have the benefit of like a hundred quests of xp until you hit heavensward content, so if you like the game, don't hold out buying it.

The benefit of waiting to level up alt classes is that you receive and armory bonus. At lvl 50, all other sub 50 leveling classes will get a big xp bonus, that increases again if you have a 60 class. On top of rested xp, the blue part of the level bar, you will level up alts much faster if you just hold off.

suzu

What's your main class? There's useful crossclass skills for every role. Most are learned in the earlier levels too.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
If you haven't gotten your job stone you should get that. You'll need your main class at lv 30 and your secondary class at 15 for that (lookup which secondary class you'll need to lv, it differs depending on your job).

You can focus on getting to 50 after that, don't really need to lv any other classes for story progression. Once you reach 50 you can buy the expansion to continue receiving xp, just be aware you won't be able to enter any of the expansion zones till you complete all the story patches for the base game and it's a pretty long quest chain to do that.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Crafted gear with 5 100% slots you can get from Kuro and sell. Oh boy.
Sophia's track is kinda disappointing after SAY MY NAME since it's just kinda more like Thunder Rolls but the fight looks stellar, even if they said it's not difficult.
Alexander is zzzz

Apartments are just an FC room, who gives a flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom