• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I mean I do the <mo> <tt> <t> macros for all targeted heals but this guy had roleplay /p lines for most of his spells. I couldnt read what was going on because of his spam.

Congrats to Valcrist and Nova on the Eternal Bonding.

o4sbjQp.jpg

8iHhd4D.jpg

F5HKO8S.jpg

gb1RpjH.jpg

Doesn't beat this from FFXI:

Best macro.

B.K.

I wish there wasn't a discipline restriction on Glamouring.

That was embarrassing. I was fumbling around trying to figure out how to accept a Linkshell invite and I got hit in the face with 20,000 Needles by a Rank A giant Cactaur outside Ul'dah.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
It's great on PS4!
Everybody plays o the same servers regardless of platform. Very solo friendly. Only requires parties occasionally during the story and then you just hit a button and it finds one for you pretty quickly.

Very solo friendly, matchmaking queues can drag a bit for dps though so might want to consider starting as a tank or healer to minimize matchmaking wait times.

Game uses shared servers so everyone plays with each other. While the game has text chat, there's no in game voice chat so if you decide to go the pc route and he goes PS4 you'll need a third party device/app like Discord to voice chat with each other.

As for which version to get, I'd go for PC. Both versions are pretty much the same, can't really think of one in game feature one version has over the other. Both even have full MKB and controller support. Graphically the PS4 version looks good, but it does have trouble staying at a locked frame rate in some of the highly populated areas in the over world. Loading times imo are also a tad too long when using the stock PS4 drive and if PSN is down you can't log into the game. The big thing that differentiates them though is that you can obviously multitask with stuff outside the game in the PC version. Being able to run discord, use db sites to look up gear/crafting/gathering data, copy and paste links from the in game chat box to a browser and vice versa, and run dps meters (game doesn't natively have one) all from the same device/screen you're playing on is convenient. On PS4 you'd have to use a phone for discord and to look up stuff quickly, but there's nothing you can do to copy paste links in game or check your damage numbers real time.

Sorry for the late reply, but thanks for the answers! I decided to give the game a try -- is the official GAF server the same one mentioned on the first page? I think I would like to join the GAF guild once I try the game out and see if I like it -- what timezone is the official GAF server on as well?

aceface

Sorry for the late reply, but thanks for the answers! I decided to give the game a try -- is the official GAF server the same one mentioned on the first page? I think I would like to join the GAF guild once I try the game out and see if I like it -- what timezone is the official GAF server on as well?

Gaf Guild is on the Ultros server. We're mostly active in the evening, eastern US time although there are some freaky Euros on during the day.

Haly

Why the FUCK do healers have a "negate all attacks" cooldown in PVP? jesus fucking christ what a worthless piece of shit.

The amount of healing they can output while moving is fucking bullshit as well.

So is the GAF guild active/recruiting/whatever? I'm loving the game, just hit 60 on AST but I'm on a Japanese server because reasons and the inability to communicate is becoming an issue. I'm going to transfer, just haven't decided where yet.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Gaf Guild is on the Ultros server. We're mostly active in the evening, eastern US time although there are some freaky Euros on during the day.

I'm on EST so that's perfect but I just created my character and it's unavailable so I'll wait before I join a server.

Why the FUCK do healers have a "negate all attacks" cooldown in PVP? jesus fucking christ what a worthless piece of shit.

PvP is hard if you aren't in a premade.

You have to find lone targets to try and kill if possible.

Sometimes I see people mark a target to focus.

Haly

blarghleflarghle

Grinding these GARO mounts makes it painfully obvious how slow and unresponsive the combat is in this game.

Takes me like half a second to see my stuns register. I stun in the middle of a cast, the cast gets off anyway because LOL SERVER REFRESH RATE or whatever. It's like everyone's playing with 300ms lag.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I'm on EST so that's perfect but I just created my character and it's unavailable so I'll wait before I join a server.
Server is usually open in the middle of the night/early morning.

So is the GAF guild active/recruiting/whatever? I'm loving the game, just hit 60 on AST but I'm on a Japanese server because reasons and the inability to communicate is becoming an issue. I'm going to transfer, just haven't decided where yet.
Its active and always open to new people. Just fill out the guildworks application linked in the op, transfer over, and apply in game.

If for some reason you want to stay in a japanese server with English speakers though, Tonberry is the unofficial Australian server.

blarghleflarghle

Grinding these GARO mounts makes it painfully obvious how slow and unresponsive the combat is in this game.

Takes me like half a second to see my stuns register. I stun in the middle of a cast, the cast gets off anyway because LOL SERVER REFRESH RATE or whatever. It's like everyone's playing with 300ms lag.

It can happen with AOEs too depending on latency.

You can also cast something then move before the bar has filled and still finish the cast.

Meowster

No!

Spoilers for end of 2.5:
Not Moenbryda. She quickly became one of my favorites of the Scions. She will be missed ever so fondly.

Haly

It can happen with AOEs too depending on latency.

You can also cast something then move before the bar has filled and still finish the cast.
Sometimes it happens in the reverse way, like someone LBs an area, you move out of it before the circle disappears, you get hit anyway.

I'm playing on ps4 and my gf on her laptop. We're both wired to the router. I activate my skills and I see/hear it half a second on her screen before mine. This is normal laggy behavior for ps4 right?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I'm playing on ps4 and my gf on her laptop. We're both wired to the router. I activate my skills and I see/hear it half a second on her screen before mine. This is normal laggy behavior for ps4 right?
Nope. Are you on wifi with the PS4? Might wanna try using a wired connection if you're on wifi and are able to do so.

xxczx

Perfectly acceptable skill, what's wrong with it?

Yes, healers can heal while moving but what happens when their cool downs are over? Dead when focused without people to peel for them.

Haly

Yes, healers can heal while moving but what happens when their cool downs are over? Dead when focused without people to peel for them.

That's how it should be. A healer that doesn't die when focused is just... gross.

Like why even bother? It just ruins the push and pull of going for the other team's healer while trying to protect your own. As it is you're just throwing out damage hoping the healer messes up.

Squishy3

That's how it should be. A healer that doesn't die when focused is just... gross.

Like why even bother? It just ruins the push and pull of going for the other team's healer while trying to protect your own. As it is you're just throwing out damage hoping the healer messes up.
It's only 10 seconds, it's not that bad. They also can't do anything while it's active. https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Attunement

Half the game of FFXIV PVP is preoccupying the healer with multiple sources of damage (attack the healer, they need to heal themselves or pop attunement) but then you can split off the healer after locking them down with a stun or pacification (shield swipe so good in PVP) and start going for the other people.

if you're playing 8v8 feast that's cancer because there's usually 2 healers on a team, so that's another one to back up which makes it more difficult. 4v4 is obviously different but is ranked only. and then frontlines is the meme mode where you yell at your team for fighting the team in second place instead of the team in first

Haly

It's especially bad in Frontlines because you can commit to a healer with 4-5 of your gang and then they pop it and woop, have to withdraw. Meanwhile they stall for time for their reinforcements to arrive.

It is infuriating.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
It's especially bad in Frontlines because you can commit to a healer with 4-5 of your gang and then they pop it and woop, have to withdraw. Meanwhile they stall for time for their reinforcements to arrive.

It is infuriating.

Just One-Ilm Punch it off, no problem no problem.

Haly

LB'ing some guy who's at 50% life and then they get healed to 100% only for my LB to bring them down to 20%.

I cry every time.

Ninjas suck in Frontlines anyway and I main it. Go as MNK, more burst, two stuns, silence and just easier to kill them off. You're gonna have to get them down anyways, a lot of healers roll with vit accessories to boost hp and improve survival rates, using a naked LB won't cut it.

Haly

I don't have a 60 MNK. NIN is my only 60 ._.

Leveling AST though, plan to take it to end game so I can just faceroll heals and shields xd

Kenai

You should be able to SWTOR-style body type 4 for roe. Just a totally huge obese mess. It would make playing the acrobatic classes like ninja and monk hilarious.

It's not even crazy. I mained a male Panda Monk for a few years in WoW and they are pretty chubby/round. That class spins and flips just as much as any FFXIV Ninja. Didn't once look out of place either.

The main "problem" is always going to be body type vs available armor. It makes sense to be able to press down wild/long hair into a helmet or hat or hood, not so much a nice butt or some flub into metal armor or tight leather or even some of the cloth (and you damn well know they will make that point). WoW can get away with it more with their much lower general poly count and art style and a few other things FFXIV won't be able to do.

I'd still love at least a butt slider though. Damn Eorzea is so flat. Hank Hill syndrome for miles and days.

Haly

Most catgirls glamour their pants into bikinis so it's not like we won't get to see the goods.

And Roes in subligar...

xxczx

A healer that doesn't die when getting focused is a healer outplaying the DPS/DPS messing up their burst/getting lucky or all of the above. People shouldn't die just because they are getting focused.

I'm sure this will make you mad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB4E5tTWMJQ

Eldren

I like the way Elder Scrolls Online does body sliders. You can make a huge character or a super tiny character, and everyone gets muscle tone, gut, hips, waist and bum sliders, plus chest sliders so you can give your guy Captain America pecs. I'd love for Stormblood to take inspiration from that game, it's great.

I'm holding off from buying Fantasias because I still have hope that we'll get more customization options since we aren't getting a new race.

Eldren

Beards please.

I'm actually hoping this is a real announcement in this week's fanfest

Considering how many new hairstyles have been added since launch, the almost complete lack of beards is really disappointing. They should add in a chest hair option too, throw the ManRoe players a bone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom