• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgal

Hello ladies !

ffxiv_02032017_125917eojy8.jpg

Luigi87

PotD is weird, lol.
Ran 1-10 for the first time yesterday, but my Aetherarms ended at only +1/+1.
Reset the level to run 1-10 again, and finished at +8/+3

I mean mainly I'm running to level CNJ, but RNG is interesting.

Oh and first run got three pieces of the Accursed Hoard, but only one piece this time, so... balances out?

draw4wild

I hope one thing they do with the job changes is make it so you can use all skills (synced down) in lower level dungeons. I would love to be able to practice rotations in leveling roulette but they throw me in Satasha and it's all ruin/bio spam since that's all I'm allowed to use. Or I'll forget to use all my skills in a trial since I just did leveling roulette and couldn't use half of them.

With RDM and SAM starting at 50, they'll have so many more skills available to them synced down then any other classes. How is a lvl 17 tank supposed to hold aggro in Copperbell when you have rdm and Sam with a full compliment of dps skills?

iammeiam

With RDM and SAM starting at 50, they'll have so many more skills available to them synced down then any other classes. How is a lvl 17 tank supposed to hold aggro in Copperbell when you have rdm and Sam with a full compliment of dps skills?

While I agree that sync should let us keep our skills just for QoL reasons, under the current system RDM and SAM won't have extra skills in Copperbell. AST, MCH, and DRK started at 30 but if you take them into synced content below level 30 they lose access to a bunch of skills. Even though the jobs start at a later level, they still have skill progression starting from level 1 for level sync.

One of the best things about PotD though is that you can take a job in and have access to all your level 60 stuff immediately, so you can learn the full skill set instead of getting dripfed parts of the rotation. Or take it in to level 1 and get synced to 1 if you prefer dripfeed.

SkyOdin

I hope one thing they do with the job changes is make it so you can use all skills (synced down) in lower level dungeons. I would love to be able to practice rotations in leveling roulette but they throw me in Satasha and it's all ruin/bio spam since that's all I'm allowed to use. Or I'll forget to use all my skills in a trial since I just did leveling roulette and couldn't use half of them.

Red Mage and Samurai won't have all of their skills in Copperbell. Dark Knight, Machinist, and Astrologian can't use all of their level 30 skills in Sastasha. They do possess a full 1-60 skill unlock progression, despite starting at level 30. It will be the same for Red Mage and Samurai. They will run Sastasha with seven or so skills, just like everyone else.

Giving everyone full access to their class skill sets would heavily disadvantage players who are actually leveling their classes/jobs for the furst time. The entire point of level sync is that it is a level playing field that allows low level players to play alongside high-level players.

Unless you really need it ASAP to play ilvl restricted content I would recommend getting your levels up to 40/40 before trading it for the weapon, as doing so resets your aetherpool rating to 1/1.

Running floor 51-60 nets a lot more Exp than 1-10 so it makes leveling easier, and to get the 255 weapon you need to clear floor 100, so having a high enough aetherpool rating to survive past floor 50 helps save some time as you won't have to go through the lower level floors again to re-strengthen your gear.

Hmm I am torn. Does 51-100 become more of a drag thtan previous floors with enemies becoming progressively tankier?

I don't mind keeping it until i get 100 for an iLvl 255 but equally if it becomes a bore/slog...

Eldren

The songbird event was fun. I wish there was a 4th option though: dropkick Ulala into the void and replace her with an Elezen. I went with the Au Ra in the end as she actually seemed like a decent person. The emote is cute and the outfit is nice but it doesn't really go with any of the other gear pieces I like so now it's resting comfortably in my armoire.

The songbird event was fun. I wish there was a 4th option though: dropkick Ulala into the void and replace her with an Elezen. I went with the Au Ra in the end as she actually seemed like a decent person. The emote is cute and the outfit is nice but it doesn't really go with any of the other gear pieces I like so now it's resting comfortably in my armoire.
They're called Songbirds, not Ostriches
Is there any advantage to pre-ordering the next expansion pack?
You get to play the game a few days earlier than everyone else.

draw4wild

Red Mage and Samurai won't have all of their skills in Copperbell. Dark Knight, Machinist, and Astrologian can't use all of their level 30 skills in Sastasha. They do possess a full 1-60 skill unlock progression, despite starting at level 30. It will be the same for Red Mage and Samurai. They will run Sastasha with seven or so skills, just like everyone else.

Giving everyone full access to their class skill sets would heavily disadvantage players who are actually leveling their classes/jobs for the furst time. The entire point of level sync is that it is a level playing field that allows low level players to play alongside high-level players.

Hmm, I didn't realize this since I haven't unlocked HW jobs yet and my only real experience with it is seeing how scholars and summoner keep their pets synced down. Still I'd like to see the skills useable but scaled down. I don't like having to change my hotbar to accommodate for the skills available.

aceface

It is nice to see I'm not the only lala hater. The things just disgust me.

It's nice of Elezen to RP as racist, it really helps with the immersion.

Village

I don't know about scientifically superior

Lalafells aren't born looking like A satan like the baest mode Au Ra are, but you are people.

duckroll

Ha ha ha, I had forgotten about that one. "Did I say earth crystal? I meant wind crystal!"

I think I got to the end of the real one, but I was so tired and enraged from all the trolling I tried to run straight for the objective point, aggro'd like 10 enemies and died. Ragequit. :/

Doesn't help that earlier while doing my Dungeon Roulette we got a noob tank who was really noob. It was Brayfax. We got to the final boss really easily. But he just couldn't tank, and died, then got me killed, then we got wiped. We all ran back and realized he wasn't there. Then he said.... he was lost. We had to explain how to /return and click on the shortcut. Once we knew he was that noob, we handled the boss fight pretty well after that without expecting great tanking lol.

Oh and the Siren fight... was annoying until I got the gimmick.

And...

and....

I don't think I'll have enough exp after finishing these quest to take on Garuda immediately. Probably need to do Qarn first. Argh. So mad.

Today's FFXIV session: BAD. SAD. :(

Edit: The saving grace of this play session of pain was one of the nicest looking areas I have seen in the game so far. Reminds me of some of the great locations in FFXIII!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Anyone know a quick way or most efficient to get through the crystal sand and umbrite relic stage?

Umbrite: Lore farming, no two ways about it
Sand: Amber Vilekin (bonus loot in 50+ leves), Thaivnarian Mist x5 and Superior Enchanted Ink x5, elemental Materia IV

suzu

Edit: The saving grace of this play session of pain was one of the nicest looking areas I have seen in the game so far. Reminds me of some of the great locations in FFXIII!

It is a nice spot. Also plays one of my favorite field themes in game (it's way too short though).

Pachimari

On my return trip through PoTD i'm up to 31-40 (that's up next) and I have my Aetherpool gear at about +32/+26 or 28 so barring some disaster I should get the iLvl 230(?) weapon this time.

Fuck me, I didn't even notice there were aetherpool levelling in the potd.. I just speedrun through all the floors to get exp for my character outside the potd lol.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Hmm I am torn. Does 51-100 become more of a drag thtan previous floors with enemies becoming progressively tankier?

I don't mind keeping it until i get 100 for an iLvl 255 but equally if it becomes a bore/slog...
I found 51-100 to be much better than 1-50. Definitely less of a slog.

So crystal sands are ridiculously more easy to get now, imo. The unidentifiable items don't even take long to get and you only need 1 of each for a sand. That's 10 sands right there if you have 10. It is a good option when you don't have vilekin leve allowances. I honestly don't know if I want to do a 3rd relic though.... I mean I have umbrite stocked up but I was going to do WAR but the result is still incredibly shite in the end. I feel they also ruined sch with the giant green fairy wings. The blue was so much cooler. Blegh, I'm conflicted.

B.K.

Has anyone ever had to deal with a dead security token? Mine still works, but I'm worried that it may die any time. I've had it since 1.0. I bought the 1.0 LE for $15 so I could the token for extra inventory space in XI. I don't know what a person is supposed to do when a token dies. There's an emergency removal website, but from what I see, that's only for software tokens.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So crystal sands are ridiculously more easy to get now, imo. The unidentifiable items don't even take long to get and you only need 1 of each for a sand. That's 10 sands right there if you have 10. It is a good option when you don't have vilekin leve allowances. I honestly don't know if I want to do a 3rd relic though.... I mean I have umbrite stocked up but I was going to do WAR but the result is still incredibly shite in the end. I feel they also ruined sch with the giant green fairy wings. The blue was so much cooler. Blegh, I'm conflicted.

You can just... glamor a replica over?

B.K.

Stuck again on level 57 and the next quest is 58. I'm tempted to just spend the rest of the week grinding to 60 so I don't have to worry about levels again until June.

Stuck again on level 57 and the next quest is 58. I'm tempted to just spend the rest of the week grinding to 60 so I don't have to worry about levels again until June.
Well you'll still have to worry about levels but it'll be your avg ilvl.

How are the art books and the encyclopedia? I'm thinking about grabbing em on the square store.

ebil

Well you'll still have to worry about levels but it'll be your avg ilvl.

How are the art books and the encyclopedia? I'm thinking about grabbing em on the square store.
The artbooks for FF14 are some of the best I have, and I have quite a few.

They're heavily focused on the actual art with few comments. They feature every official illustration, and a ton of concept art from areas to characters, to monsters, to the gearsets and weapons. I don't regret buying them at all.

Luigi87

So it occurs to me... I think in a week I put more time into FFXIV than I did playing FFXV over three months (to which I could probably plat that game if I was willing to put in about six more hours).

Celcius

°Temp. member
Last October I played through the entire main story of ARR and later a kind GAFer gifted me the Heavensward expansion pack for free. I've been hearing a lot a great things about it and I think now is a great time to jump back in and try to get caught up before Storm Blood hits this summer. Tomorrow if I want to buy a 1 month subscription then I should just go to mogstation and then I can enter my card details to buy 1 month and then it doesn't auto-renew right unless I tell it too, right?

I hope I remember all the shortcuts and haven't gotten too rusty...

Last October I played through the entire main story of ARR and later a kind GAFer gifted me the Heavensward expansion pack for free. I've been hearing a lot a great things about it and I think now is a great time to jump back in and try to get caught up before Storm Blood hits this summer. Tomorrow if I want to buy a 1 month subscription then I should just go to mogstation and then I can enter my card details to buy 1 month and then it doesn't auto-renew right unless I tell it too, right?

Actually, it does auto-renew unless you tell it not to.

draw4wild

Im about to max out on poetics and I'm not sure what to buy. Which items should I be buying if I decide to do a relic? I have 3/4 of the ARR beast tribes maxed also (all but sylphs) if that changes anything. I guess it's either seeds or 5x oil/mists?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Im about to max out on poetics and I'm not sure what to buy. Which items should I be buying if I decide to do a relic? I have 3/4 of the ARR beast tribes maxed also (all but sylphs) if that changes anything. I guess it's either seeds or 5x oil/mists?
Yeah that's what I would do.

Squishy3

Get seeds then go for the stuff to trade in for crystal sand, yeah.

Edzi

So how does crafting work in this game? Is it worth it for the average player to look into leveling some of the crafting classes or would I be wasting my time before I beat the main story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom