• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

If you're trying to do any harder version of existing trials, I would suggest putting up a party finder and doing it unsynced. No one wants to do old trials synced any more. Also put in the comments that they will get a bonus. Your party will fill up pretty quickly that way.

Yeah that's what Hosanna told me too. I'll probably try that out, and also have a shot of actually winning it without a synced wipe after 2 years old queuing. Lol.

Is it worth investing in the materials for finishing the base Relic Weapon quest just so I have something that looks kinda cool which I can glamor? I'm a Dragoon so it's Gae Bolg. I already have a way better weapon so I'm not going to bother doing the whole relic upgrade thing.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They need to shift to constant damage instead of tank busters/raid busters so healers can actually spend most of their time healing.

Also make it more fun.

They need to shift to constant damage instead of tank busters/raid busters so healers can actually spend most of their time healing.

Also make it more fun.

I'm getting the feeling that it's just going to be more of the same.

Better dust off that Cleric Stance button because my prediction is that healers are going to be DPSing just as much if not more than they do now.

EDIT: Man these questions are bad. Instead of asking about Stormblood content it's mostly all about random side crap.

dcye

I wish Yoshi would just tell these idiots to piss off with their awful questions. That Puppetmaster question was a complete waste of time.

Post 2.0 progress:

- Complete stupid MSQ which is inconsequential.
- Complete sidequest and unlock a duty dungeon.
- Pick up sidequest get stonewalled by duty trail.
- Pick up sidequest get stonewalled by duty trial.
- Pick up sidequest get stonewalled by duty dungeon.
- Pick up sidequest get stonewalled by relic weapon requirements.
- Pick up sidequest get stonewalled by duty trial.
- Pick up sidequest get stonewalled by FATE requirement.
- Complete sidequest and get useless cosmetic mount attack upgrade.
- Pick up stupid MSQ get stonewalled by duty dungeon.

Is this going to be how all of 2.x is? Lol. My questlog is so filled up I can't even see most objectives anymore on my map. The only way to clear them is to wait 6 years on Duty Finder it seems.

post 2.0 is a MAJOR slog until leviathan and then it gets totally worth it. Persevere!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
The healer balance question was good. Would have been nice to hear more about that.

Questions were so-so to not so great in general though. No big deal though, it'll all come out in live letters soon enough anyways.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
NA is finally getting a new data center!

Is it worth investing in the materials for finishing the base Relic Weapon quest just so I have something that looks kinda cool which I can glamor? I'm a Dragoon so it's Gae Bolg. I already have a way better weapon so I'm not going to bother doing the whole relic upgrade thing.
It should be pretty cheap in the mb. All the fancy particle effects don't come until later steps so I personally wouldn't bother with it for glamour though. You should look up the ARR primal crafted weapons if you want some quick cheap glamour. Mats shouldn't be too expensive and we have a bunch of crafters in the fc that can craft them for you.

http://xivdb.com/item/8358/inferno+harpoon
http://xivdb.com/item/8367/beak+of+the+vortex
http://xivdb.com/item/8385/melancholy+moggle+mogfork
http://xivdb.com/item/8375/tremor+spear
http://xivdb.com/item/15559/mighty+thunderbolt

12c5d905338ad271104d51e67b688723.jpg

Lanrutcon

I'm fine with Cleric Stance staying.

Gives me more time to catch up on my Naruto during raids.

I queued as a Healer, bitches. Tell it to the fairy.

iammeiam

Sooo now the toxicity comes from wanting 280 access moved to an actual accessible/grindable thing than stupid RNG? How can I ever keep up with the moving target.

Huh, NA Datacenter moving?

And I guess that's everything. Somehow less than expected.

Move it to the West Coast and I can finally have a real ping.

Seriously if this ends the level3 Montreal routing bullshit it's pretty solid QoL.

Tomat

As long as it's not to fucking west coast then it'll be an improvement for sure.

Just put that shit in Chicago or something
Agreed completely. West coast sucks.

I would be so happy if they dumped it in Chicago. Would be nice if we could get two though. One west, one east.

iammeiam

Agreed completely. West coast sucks.

I would be so happy if they dumped it in Chicago. Would be nice if we could get two though. One west, one east.

Seriously I'd be happy with a centralized system; I'm not convinced the community would benefit from NA playerbase bifurcation based on geography. Anything that escapes the Level3 hop is good.

Although they could stick Gilgamesh in one and Balmung in the other and stop the oversaturation of Aether.

Seriously I'd be happy with a centralized system; I'm not convinced the community would benefit from NA playerbase bifurcation based on geography. Anything that escapes the Level3 hop is good.

Although they could stick Gilgamesh in one and Balmung in the other and stop the oversaturation of Aether.
That could work as well - IE Primal being on one coast and Aether in another.

Tomat

Losing level 3 is always good.

Put the aether datacenter on the moon. Or dont. That means they would all shift to Primal.

iammeiam

I like knowing Aether is out there somewhere, housing most of the extremes of the playerbase in all regards. Just Not In My Backyarrd.

That's everything important, not seeing the problem.

The sheer majesty of roe man-ass is so computationally expensive the PS4 could only render it by removing Fracture from the game.

Tomat

So the battle system changes/removal of abilities is all for the inclusion of butts?

iammeiam

Manbutts, yes.

They're saving waifu butts for when staffing constraints prevent them from releasing any combat content for four moths. The Quest for Booty will be what people do in Eureka between relic grinds.

duckroll

Haly is a fucking lifesaver. He came on with a healer and queues dropped from 6 hours to 6 seconds. We powered through the hard modes for Ifrit, Garuda, Titan, did Ultimate Ballad (Wiped twice before victory, was fucking EPIC, and TOTALLY not how I remembered it from this morning. Fucking bards telling tall tales!), and I managed to unlock the Bahamut raids. Good stuff!

Oh and I got the Infernal Harpoon from the Ifrit chest, and glamoured that. Yesssss.

Haly is a fucking lifesaver. He came on with a healer and queues dropped from 6 hours to 6 seconds. We powered through the hard modes for Ifrit, Garuda, Titan, did Ultimate Ballad (Wiped twice before victory, was fucking EPIC, and TOTALLY not how I remembered it from this morning. Fucking bards telling tall tales!), and I managed to unlock the Bahamut raids. Good stuff!

Oh and I got the Infernal Harpoon from the Ifrit chest, and glamoured that. Yesssss.

Tank and Healer queues are shorter than DPS.

So if you queue with Tank or Healer you will get short times.

Only time DPS get fast queues is for 24 man raid stuff.

Squishy3

FYI you don't need to worry about the intermittent gearing process for 2.x (you do need to do all the hard primals, though) as the MSQ will toss you gear that's good enough to meet the item level requirement for the last instance before Heavensward.

With every tenth floor boss you clear (1-10, 11-20, 21-30, etc.) on a job that is below level 60, you receive EXP rewards at the end. If you're aiming to level up a class/job and want to heavily run Palace of the Dead as a supplementary activity to help level up, it's this EXP reward that you want as it applies to the job outside of PotD. All the EXP you get while killing mobs inside will not go towards the level of your job outside, because Palace of the Dead has its own independent leveling system.

The other reasons to do PotD:

- Randomised loot, typically with the Accursed Hoard that you may occasionally find. These can be appraised outside and RNG can occasionally give you something decent. Most of the time I get confetti or something. There are rarer Gelmorran Potsherds as well that act as an exchangeable currency for Materia, a mount and some minions.

- If you're using a job that is level 50 and over and you queue to go into PotD, you also obtain Allagan Tomestones of Poetics/Lore/Scripture after every tenth floor clear.

- You can obtain decent weapons from it that can be used outside in regular content. You're aiming to incrementally increase the stats of your Aetherpool gear while you're inside Palace (it has its own independent leveling and stats system, so you can go in there naked if you wish). If both stats are 30 at least, you can reset them and in exchange acquire an item level 235 weapon of your choice outside. If once you've done that you rebuild your Aetherpool numbers until they're both at least 60, you can obtain an item level 255 weapon.

There's probably a more elegant and succinct way to explain the above, but this is my attempt.

Ahh ok cool. So I could run in there as a level 5 PLD and blast up to 50+to see what the skills are like, finish a few sections and get a bunch of XP? Im pretty sure I gained a level running 1-30 on my warrior but I wasnt sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom