• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowlie

Banned
While you guys go through the final dungeons, I'm going to be doing the Bahamut coils this weekend! If Haly doesn't turn out to be a no show that is... like he did yesterday!

Good luck! I just recently finished all of them (after I finished the lvl 60 raids, lol) and I reaaaaally like the story there.

I'll help y'all if there's a shoutout here :B

---

I'm doing moogle quests over and over to unlock their beast tribe chain, and as I spend time with them I'm realizing they're the best beast tribe.

Moaradin

How do I know when I'm done with patch 3.4? The last story quest I did was
the fight with the Warriors of Darkness, before Minfilia departs for their universe.

That's the end of Patch 3.4, but you still have the first part of the 3.5 story and dungeons to do.

I beat Xelphatol a long time ago. How do I unlock the last dungeon? Unless I unlock it as part of the MSQ?

If you're after the level 60 roulette, you will need to have cleared all of the following:

- Aetherochemical Research Facility (MSQ)
- The Fractal Continuum (side)
- Neverreap (side)
- Saint Mocianne's Arboretum (side)
- Pharos Sirius (HM) (side)
- The Antitower (MSQ)
- The Lost City of Amdapor (HM) (side)
- Sohr Khai (MSQ)
- Hullbreaker Isle (HM) (side)
- Xelphatol (MSQ)
- The Great Gubal Library (HM) (side)

So being new to this game, I decided to check out crafting.

Wow, coming from Guildwars 2, this is hella complicated stuff.

I wanted to make this nice lv 15 crafting robe, simple stuff really. Except to make it, I needed a brass ingot. Which no one on the server woudl sell just one of for less then 2000g.

So I figure i'll just make one. So to do that, i'd need to grind mining and goldsmithing, just to make one piece of kit.

and I get the feeling looking at higher level recipes, this will only get worse.

Think i'll drop it for now, and go back to leveling my Conj/arc instead.

khloe why you gotta do me like this

eRGtE8N.png

I wanted to make this nice lv 15 crafting robe, simple stuff really. Except to make it, I needed a brass ingot. Which no one on the server woudl sell just one of for less then 2000g.

So I figure i'll just make one. So to do that, i'd need to grind mining and goldsmithing, just to make one piece of kit.

and I get the feeling looking at higher level recipes, this will only get worse.

Yeah, level up your gathering stuff first, preferably mining, if I recall. Crafting's something you wanna do when you have a bit of gil and materials built up. Put on a podcast/netflix and tune out while you mine stacks and stacks of stuff.

duckroll

Do you have access to any of the residential zones yet? If you do, you can teleport in and look for the vendors there. They usually have brass ingots. Even easier to teleport in if you are in the GAF FC (or are part of any FC with a FC housing).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
fucking LMAO

This big dick warrior got 8 stacks of medals (96%+ damage taken) and then just ran with it. The other team threw everything they had at him while me and the other healer popped every cooldown to keep him alive as well as multiple limit breaks. We gradually retreated all the way back to our base. Managed to run out the time and nabbed ourselves a win.

God bless you WAR, whoever you are.

Good Aquapolis run tonight.

I put that Macrame thing up on the MB so hopefully it'll be sold by tomorrow.

Seems like Aquapolis and Diadem give you a lot of stuff that you can just stick on the market for easy money.

And here's some random but not random screenshots.

I like seeing people's glamours and follow a few on twitter so post what you got people.

yunbuns

kYeah, level up your gathering stuff first, preferably mining, if I recall. Crafting's something you wanna do when you have a bit of gil and materials built up. Put on a podcast/netflix and tune out while you mine stacks and stacks of stuff.

I've gotten through two seasons of the Clone Wars while leveling my botanist and mining classes. It's definitely a must and makes the time go by faster.

The NPCs by he guilds sell all the shit you need for like 1-20 I swear.
Most low level ingots can just be crafted.

kagamin

I think my friends put it really well, if you wanna do craters get them all to at least level 15 to get some valuable cross class skills because otherwise you'll likely have problems with crafting rotations, not that it's relevant to your current issue, just felt like mentioning. Gatherers are nice and standalone though thankfully if you ever wanna pick up something like fishing or mining.

How are the storylines for the crafting and gathering jobs?

ARR 1-50 crafting/gathering storylines are whatever, though some of the guild leaders have pleasantly quirky personalities. HW 50-60 storylines, which I'm going through right now, can be cool. Track down a criminal ring responsible for mysterious abductions! Defend an egalitarian merchant in Ishgard from her elitist rivals! Support the smallest woman in Ishgard's dream of becoming a knight!

I feel like the WT rewards have been super crap lately. What ever happened to 20 platinum mgp cards? That's what I want and it hasn't shown up since they added the flying chair. I'm too lazy to grind for it, lol.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Had some last minute fun in the The Aquapolis with Noire, Fiddlerdot and La Scorpion (I don't know your GAF names) last night.

Once I get my hands on more Timeworn Dragonskin Maps I will be sure to ask the FC if anyone wants to join me in case Aquapolis spawns again.

aceface

fucking LMAO

This big dick warrior got 8 stacks of medals (96%+ damage taken) and then just ran with it. The other team threw everything they had at him while me and the other healer popped every cooldown to keep him alive as well as multiple limit breaks. We gradually retreated all the way back to our base. Managed to run out the time and nabbed ourselves a win.

God bless you WAR, whoever you are.

This happens to me so often in 8v8 feast I'm thinking it's the accepted strategy. For me usually they go up to 10 stacks of heavy medal. More often than not with 2 healers and tank using cooldowns he'll stay alive.

Is this gif supposed to look like you are farting or is it only me seeing that.

wamberz1

Lol! And here I thought the struggle ended at the levelling part! ��

Oh my sweet summer child

But seriously, when you hit 60 you'll want to start grinding for lore tomestones, which can be gained by completing the story lvl 60 dungeon and by doing roulette's. I would also simultaneously continue doing the MSQ so you can unlock more stuff, and eventually unlock EXDR (which is critical for grinding scripture, the high-end gear currency).

Once you hit Ilvl 230 I would start doing the Alexander story mode to gain a few 255 pieces here and there. If you need help running through A1-8 (queue times can be somewhat slow because no one really runs them anymore) feel free to ask gaf for assistance.

And start doing to 24-man raids as well to get mhachi pieces, which will be very important later on.

Good pics everyone.

Had some last minute fun in the The Aquapolis with Noire, Fiddlerdot and La Scorpion (I don't know your GAF names) last night.

Once I get my hands on more Timeworn Dragonskin Maps I will be sure to ask the FC if anyone wants to join me in case Aquapolis spawns again.

It helps that you can get one for just 20k gil on the market. You can easily make it back if you don't get locked through the first couple doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom