• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitark

finally finished all the ARR MSQ :D

and the quality of the story improved after "The Ultimate Weapon" Quest ,it's like different team made them ,i loved everything and holyshit at those cutscenes in the end of ARR.

and the green leaf next to my name is gone after that /yay

and because i reached lvl59 and 60 before finishing ARR for my bard and smn , i couldn't take any job quest between 50-60 till i finished "Before the Dawn" quest and went to Ishgard.

so i have confession to make about the bard ,when i started FF14 i leveled everything to lvl20 to see which class i like and that was the Archer and i had no idea about the nerf that added casting time to one of the song later, but i read from here that there's some nerf to bard with HW and after playing to lvl30 and 40 i saw nothing and thought maybe the bard was overpowered or something until just yesterday i unlocked wanderer's minuet ..... and now i see WTF is going on with the bard nerf but that was too late since it's level 60...

omg i tried to play with wanderer's minuet ....and Nahhh i cant do it ; ; , this is not the archer i picked i felt very bad about the job ...and i remembered that they are going to remove the casting time but didn't know what they mean at the time but now i know wow...My luck here is fucking on time.., keep in mind i started the game 2 month ago, and i don't know how people kept playing the bard after that nasty casting time nerf .../salute

XrZTVBX.jpg

aceface

Strangely the tank video gives the best look at scholar play. Seems the fairy abilities are still there, I'm not a huge expert on the icons though.

Aeana

Those rumored SCH changes don't seem to be true. Most of the 'nerfs' seem to be in the DPS area, which doesn't bother me at all.

There's definitely going to be a playstyle shift, regardless, though, considering the new role abilities and the libra thing.

I was scared seeing all the early level monk nerfs. RIP Touch of Death. But One Ilm Punch actually being useful is great. Oh and 60-70 MNK makes the early nerfs make much more sense.

iammeiam

Not sure what possessed people to make up that stuff about SCH pet actions being gone and all of that.

They've been promising to reign in SCH for a long-ass time; it's alternate universe wish fulfillment.

It being fake puts a lot more pressure on the WHM/AST changes since the fairy alone was usually enough to ensure SCH a slot so hopefully the WHM leaks were just as wrong.

Interesting that the fake info got mixed with Libra info for the appearance of credibility.

Fracture wasn't very good anyway.

What's next

Are you going to main Bard

Is that where this is headed

I'm really weary of these WAR changes, no inner release, no second wind, no blood bath, no substitute for it, and the new cooldowns just pure suck (a self-cleanse?).

They really took down our sustainability, in a way I think we won't MT a single hard fight. Fuck Fell Cleaves, I'm a tank....

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
SAM and BLM better be king shit DPS if I'm reading this right. Conflicted about DRG vs SAM now, do I wanna be a selfish weeb or a helpful corpse?

What's next

Are you going to main Bard

Is that where this is headed

I'm going to main machinist and race change into a lalafell.

Aeana

I still can't decide which healer to play in 4.0, ahhh.

I think the weirdest thing about the healer changes is how several of WHM's core abilities are now role abilities. That will affect how SCH plays, but WHM will be pretty much the same as always.

Omnicent

I'm hyped about SAM. Rotation looks straightforward (had to modify my theory craft for that 1Sen), but looks like SAM will have 2 openers (0 Kenki/0Sen and 100 Kenki/3Sen).

Only concern is no raid utility (going from mnk to sam... I know how to pick-em).
Unless a great SAM can make up for the dps utility loss through there potency (looking at their numbers compared to other dps its very possible).

Valor

SAM and BLM better be king shit DPS if I'm reading this right. Conflicted about DRG vs SAM now, do I wanna be a selfish weeb or a helpful corpse?
DRG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SAM on paper right now. SAM can dish out silly damage, but DRG + BRD is ridiculous raid dps gain that I haven't seen any other combo come close to yet.

I'm hyped about SAM. Rotation looks straightforward (had to modify my theory craft for that 1Sen), but looks like SAM will have 2 openers (0 Kenki/0Sen and 100 Kenki/3Sen).

Only concern is no raid utility (going from mnk to sam... I know how to pick-em).
Unless a great SAM can make up for the dps utility loss through there potency (looking at their numbers compared to other dps its very possible).

It's straightforward kind of but still has so many questionable skills that have niche uses that may end up being as useful as Feint had been for Dragoon. It has good single target and decent/expensive AoE but that's kind of it. The damage skill under Open Eyes is absolutely awful if they don't change it from that tooltip.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
DRG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SAM on paper right now. SAM can dish out silly damage, but DRG + BRD is ridiculous raid dps gain that I haven't seen any other combo come close to yet.

Add the SCH debuff as well. Critting is going to be insane. I guess if both my group's tanks continue their warrior apathy I could justify SAM?

iammeiam

They nerfed hypercharge but they're also allowing me to explode turrets soooo...

I can't make out most of the tooltips on shitty phone internet, and the writeup I read was like "we didn't get the flamethrower tooltip" but. Turrets still exist, I won't be twitching to place something they removed.

I'm really weary of these WAR changes, no inner release, no second wind, no blood bath, no substitute for it, and the new cooldowns just pure suck (a self-cleanse?).

They really took down our sustainability, in a way I think we won't MT a single hard fight. Fuck Fell Cleaves, I'm a tank....

WAR as OT seems in potentially a better place--their relative DPS seems increased--but this does seem like a potential hit to dungeon sustainability. I refuse to heal any tank that needs healing in a dungeon ffs.

I'm going to main machinist and race change into a lalafell.

No face paint though; that constitutes a violation of my intellectual property and you will hear from my attorney.

Edit: Did they fix the disembowel situation? If they didn't fix the disembowel situation idek.

IMBored

omg i tried to play with wanderer's minuet ....and Nahhh i cant do it ; ; , this is not the archer i picked i felt very bad about the job ...and i remembered that they are going to remove the casting time but didn't know what they mean at the time but now i know wow...My luck here is fucking on time.., keep in mind i started the game 2 month ago, and i don't know how people kept playing the bard after that nasty casting time nerf .../salute

XrZTVBX.jpg

Some of us, the true, continue playing BRD submitting to the hardships of heavensward. Songs were made about us, by bards ironically. Others changed to other, lesser, jobs and are now returning, but the treason remains.

WHM, BLM and SAM are the only jobs in the game without rdps utility now, but at least SAM potencies seem crazy to compensate

Cue the WHM/BLM memes
They nerfed hypercharge but they're also allowing me to explode turrets soooo...

I can't make out most of the tooltips on shitty phone internet, and the writeup I read was like "we didn't get the flamethrower tooltip" but. Turrets still exist, I won't be twitching to place something they removed.
Flamethrower: Instant cast, 60s cd, 6 potency DoT in a cone over 10s that increases Heat, cancels auto attack and moving/casting cancels it

Valor

Some of us, the true, continue playing BRD submitting to the hardships of heavensward. Songs were made about us, by bards ironically. Others changed to other, lesser, jobs and are now returning, but the treason remains.

Bard blew in HW but they're saving it in Stormblood and returning it to where it belongs.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Still not sure if I should rush to clear the story with BLM first and level my to be main RDM afterwards or start by a few dreadful hours in PotD in order to get RDM to 60.

k1t4j

My main, Warrior seems like it's going to continue to be a sick class to play.

But I'm going to level that Samurai for sure, lucky for me my gf wants to change from Dragoon to Scholar so my queue times won't be as painfull :p

iammeiam

Minuet may be gone, but the martyr complex it gave people will live forever.

WHM is interesting-ish in that the whole Confession thing seems alright, but there's a shitload of RNG in their kit which combined with no utility borderline guarantees they're going to struggle to find a place in the meta. The skills don't seem bad so much as not really addressing WHM's shortcomings. And since EVERY healer gets Divine Seal now...

And that barrier thing is kind of stupid.

ebil

WHM rework seems mechanically interesting but I don't see that working unless they massively changed the way they design damage patterns. Their main mechanic being fueled by using Cure and Cure II seems like a questionable choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom