• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - 30 minutes of gameplay (Japanese)

Nier 2: Automato (Spring 2017)
Dragon Quest XI (Spring 2017, but it's going to get delayed imo)
Dragon Quest VIII 3DS (Spring 2017)
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (Spring 2017)
Final Fantasy Type-0 Online (Early 2017)
Final Fantasy XI Remake for mobile (Early 2017)

And Kingdom Hearts Unchained Chi is getting a season 2. Other than that, nothing else is announced.
Man if they can get kh3 out next year or at least a kh collection square kills it for the third year in a row for me

Ray Down

Banned
They could also delay 2.8 from December to January, so that would be the 2017 annual KH game lol

Delayed due to fan feedback on terrible human models.

hqdefault.jpg

Gbraga

Don't fail me, Lord Nomura, you can't screw up this.

Not this, screw up KH3 if you want but not this.

Eh, I'm not sure if I agree. Very excited for the Remake, but we already have a great FFVII game, we don't have KH III yet. If I had to choose one to be good, it'd be KH III.

Thankfully, though, I don't have to.

Delayed due to fan feedback on terrible human models...

hqdefault.jpg

Is that from 2.8? When the trailer came out I didn't really like the way it looked, and thought 3D HD looked better than 2.8, but it didn't look THAT bad, did it?

Mediking

Nier 2: Automata (Spring 2017)
Dragon Quest XI (Spring 2017, but it's going to get delayed imo)
Dragon Quest VIII 3DS (Spring 2017)
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (Spring 2017)
Final Fantasy Type-0 Online (Early 2017)
Final Fantasy XI Remake for mobile (Early 2017)

And Kingdom Hearts Unchained Chi is getting a season 2. Other than that, nothing else is announced.

tumblr_mo8qm8MgOW1rz7ft8o1_400.gif

Ray Down

Banned
Is that from 2.8? When the trailer came out I didn't really like the way it looked, and thought 3D HD looked better than 2.8, but it didn't look THAT bad, did it?

Yes it's from 2.8, though not from the trailer, you don't see him in that. This is from game play at E3.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
For god's sake, just cancel xbox one's version. Who buys FF on an xbox anyway?

That's a bit much, don't you think? Type-0 HD last year and the XIII trilogy last gen must have done okay there for this to be released on the platform. Aside from Pokemon which is very different, FF is the biggest name in JRPGs outside of Japan after all. I can't stand portbegging, but complaining about a finished port that there was considered enough demand to make doesn't make sense either.

Ydelnae

We complain about FFXV's lack of graphical consistency, but the character models from 2.8 look taken straight out of some 1997 shovelware game for computers.

Well, I might be exaggerating, but they still look like shit. I hope they can fix this, because right now even the games developed with the PS2 engine look better. At least Back Cover doesn't look that bad, which gives me hope for KH3.

Gbraga

Yes it's from 2.8, though not from the trailer, you don't see him in that. This is from game play at E3.

Well, shit.

We complain about FFXV's lack of graphical consistency, but the character models from 2.8 look taken straight out of some 1997 shovelware game for computers.

Well, I might be exaggerating, but they still look like shit. I hope they can fix this, because right now even the games developed with the PS2 engine look better. At least Back Cover doesn't look that bad, which gives me hope for KH3.

I'm not sure I'd go that far, but I agree it doesn't look good at all.

Sure, they still have a long time to make it better for KH III, but still, a PS2 remaster shouldn't look better. >_>

Can't KH III just look like that but with better everything, instead of being so different? >_<

Ray Down

Banned

What the fuck is up with those pockets on Riku pants, they are HUGE!

Mediking

Code:
[IMG]http://66.media.tumblr.com/3081030c3b5973f0ea4c323d536645cc/tumblr_nx9zl0v3SW1tkldqxo1_1280.png[/IMG]

That's...seriously... Kairi...

tumblr_mie642U7zn1rb9rueo1_250.gif

I see a lot of talk about 2017 for XV. I know it was delayed to the end of November, but is there any truth to SE delaying it further?

Mediking

I see a lot of talk about 2017 for XV. I know it was delayed to the end of November, but is there any truth to SE delaying it further?

November 30th is the day the true journey begins. No way this is getting pushed to 2017. This game will get pushed by DLC more and more though after release.

Ydelnae

It could happen, some people consider that a 2017 delay would help the game even more. But I doubt it, since the promotion campaign is on schedule and I doubt they want to waste the buzz generated by Brotherhood, Kingsglaive and the other products.

Voror

He doesn't seem so happy about it. Hopefully his materials can make it into an artbook or something someday.

Hopefully so. I really do hope there is an art book for this with perhaps art from the games whole history. I ordered the FFXIV art books yesterday and those look fantastic.

Z3M0G

Pardon my usual skeptism towards the game, but I would be more inclined to agree that it's fun if this piece of action were actually part of manual gameplay mechanics rather than being a portion of an elaborate context sensitive parry thing. I mean sure it looks cool, the animation choreography was well done, but purely in the context of gameplay mechanics, it's really a glorified QTE.

It's a case of press A for awesome.

It's an RPG so I'm fine with this.

The game was about to go gold but they decided to delay it 2 months so that the game doesn't need a vital day one patch and people without internet can enjoy it without too many problems, patches are still going to be a thing but at least the game is playable without them

I don't see a reason the game is going to suffer more delays after this

I always wondered who that guy was. Didn't everyone predict he might have been Noctis' uncle since he looked a bit like Regis.

I could be wrong but I think that's Gladio's father.

If that character is clarus amicita.. He got a huge redesign in the movie... And I mean HUGE.

Voror

It was always a theory about him, don't think much was ever said about him though.

Yeah he was always a mystery. But the way he showed up with his picture in the trailer gave the impression he was someone important.

I could be wrong but I think that's Gladio's father.

If that character is clarus amicita.. He got a huge redesign in the movie.

I like the old design if that is the case.

Setsu00

CrCSjBqXgAAreQ9.jpg:large

Looks like it was characters meant for the invasion.

I like Ferrari. I don't necessarily like his designs, but I like his attitude as an artist. It must be frustrating to put effort into something and then you're not even allowed to show it to the public due to NDAs.

Maybe the blond guy with the short curly hair was one of his designs? They cut and changed almost everything from the Insomnia invasion for Kingsglaive and the blond guy seems absent in the movie.

Ydelnae

What Roberto Ferrari (character designer) posted on his facebook about FFXV

Roberto Ferrari about his work on Versus XIII/XV said:
Finally, someone has decided to publish my designs^^
Every time you see a design piece signed in red as "Fer&#257;ri", take into consideration that they are characters that I personally created. I finished Aranea later in June 2010 while Ardyn was finished in December of that same year (although I updated his design in January of the following year).
Six years, I swear, six years are what took this designs to see the light of day!
And all of those characters (which, sadly, I personally think are even better) that have been sacrificed because they kept making changes to the story, what are they going to do with them now?
They were initially included in the script, present in several scenes/events, but they have now been omitted even after finishing both character designs and scenography.
All this work has been wasted, and on top of that, the designs can't even be published (At least, I can't publish them).
I sadly have no words.

The realization of one of my dreams came with the beginning of a nightmare.

Roberto Ferarri about Tetsuya Nomura said:
I occasionally work with him but I don't meet him that much. He's a shy person but I like working with him. He always gives me good advice.

He sounds pretty pissed off. He expects some of his artwork to be published in the artbook that comes with the Collector's Edition, but he's not sure if everything will make it.

He sounds pretty pissed off. He expects some of his artwork to be published in the artbook that comes with the Collector's Edition, but he's not sure if everything will make it.

Property of SE now it seems, best case scenario FFXV ultimania.

Setsu00

I would be pretty pissed off as well if I was him. I don't even want to imagine how he must have felt when he realized that a huge chunk of his work was cut.

Dark_castle

https://passionstation.wordpress.co...・33-minutes-japanese-gameplay-video-revealed/

The one who sits in the throne on Chapter 0 is indeed
Ifrit
Ifrit
is not the last boss.
The second half of the game is kinda linear because they will travel with train, hence the limited exploration.
Chocobo has level now, though we don’t know how it will affect the gameplay.
Justice Monster Five will be released on 30 August worldwide for IOS & Android. PC Version will be released later on.
Brotherhood Episode 5 is a continuous story of Episode 1 and a little bit of it’s prequel.
Brotherhood Episode 5 will be released during Tokyo Game Show 2016.
Final Fantasy XV will have multiple language and voice support inside the game. Regardless of the region, you can choose the voice and subtitle language you want to play it on.
Nyx
will appear in the main game in “some form” according to Tabata.

The linear part because of traveling by train was pretty obvious..that doesn't stop people tho.

Chocobo's having levels is interesting.

And the language thing I'm sure everyone will love

Gbraga

That sounds a bit unprofessional to me. Yeah, it sucks that his designs won't see the light of day, but he was still paid for his work, wasn't he?

A lot of things in game development get changed, and many hours of work end up "wasted", that's just how it is. A lot of people worked tirelessly to have all of the Versus content up and running, and it was wasted. Even if the direction change didn't happen, when they went with the PS4, given how radically different the game looks compared to Versus, it would still need to be redone. Those hours of work would be gone either way. What about the visual works CGi?

It really sucks, but he was designing for the game, they can do whatever they want with those designs, or isn't that how it works (I honestly don't know)?

wmlk

This is the biggest game that Ferrari's worked on so far with the Remake coming out a year or two later, so he's probably upset about this thing in particular. It's weird to see an artist complain about it, though. You don't usually see that. People are tasked with their roles. I would be upset if I was in his position, but I probably wouldn't vent it (there's no harm in that anyway).

With Ardyn and Gentiana, he's responsible for the two best designs in the game I think.

Top Bottom