• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae 2.0 |OT| This is a fantasy based on feedback.

m2LM2B.gif

I love this.

Wow...is that some sort of warp dodge?

Koozek

m2LM2B.gif

I love this.

Huh, haven't seen that move yet.

Man, it's annoying how the camera follows the lock-on reticle even when it just moves a few pixels. IIRC, Type-0 was like that, too. They really, really have to implement a treshold for the camera movement.

Koozek

I would but I'm -still- out on business trip.

Almost a month later and I haven't touched 2.0 :V

Woohoo, you're back!
Missed you during the FFVII craze :D What did you think? You knew of it already, like Kagari, APZonerunner, etc. - and obviously Verendus?

Falk

that puzzling face
Woohoo, you're back!
Missed you during the FFVII craze :D What did you think? You knew of it already, like Kagari, APZonerunner, etc. - and obviously Verendus?

It was actually probably a good thing I wasn't able to post, because looking at the FF7 thread(s), a bunch of typically falk-tier snarky remarks would probably have hinted at things I shouldn't be hinting about and get me in actual trouble!

I just got my hands on the demo and I must say I enjoyed it quite a bit.
The game as it stands looks gorgeous can't wait for the improvements.

The AI controlled party members aren't bad at all either and resting to level up isn't so bad since you can return to camp at any time. I wonder if they're gonna keep updating the demo since there was change of plans.

Finally got a chance to sit down and play the 2.0 demo, I liked the original demo but I love this a lot more. There are still a lot of rough edges between the camera, frame drops, and other issues others have mentioned before, but the potential has me incredibly excited.

raven777

Someone actually used a glitch to get to Lestallum this time lol.

Seems you can't really interact anything since you are going below surface and the area is not finished. But there seems to be some spoiler element in this.

Masked Man

I said wow
Someone actually used a glitch to get to Lestallum this time lol.

Seems you can't really interact anything since you are going below surface and the area is not finished. But there seems to be some spoiler element in this.

Are you sure you don't mean Cauthess, the Disc?

I just discovered the Lestallum and
red moon
glitches on Youtube. I may seriously have to try them. Looks like they were just discovered two weeks ago? Wonder how I missed them until now.

LaneDS

Having played the original demo when Type-0 was released, I thought there was some neat stuff but the issues kept me from playing it for more than maybe thirty minutes.

Yesterday I decided I'd give the demo another go, mostly on a whim, and I'm glad I did. Ended up completing I think most of it (got Ramuh, downed Deadeye, got the car fixed and left) and really enjoyed it so dropping some random thoughts into the thread.

Technically it's still messy, but it works. That's more than I can say about, uh, some other recently released games. Fingers crossed they do a PC release at some point, because getting to see this game unhindered by framerate issues will be a real treat. That aside I still think it's an incredible looking game in terms of the environments, animations, effects, and characters both human and otherwise.

Not since playing Xenoblade can I recall having that sense of wonder sweep over me from seeing big, sweeping open environments. Even with the demo restrictions and limits it isn't hard to imagine in retail that being one of the best parts of the game.

Combat felt much, much better than I remembered previously. Not going to be competing with Platinum or anything but it's now quite fun and satisfying to take on foes and much less tedious than I remember. Much better camera too. Whatever the ability that you get in the cave that activates with L1&R1 is super cool to see in action and really satisfying to use.

Music is absolutely fantastic, as I'd expect, and the demo was peppered with such great moments that if they can keep that up through the final game it'll be really exciting. From little things like the "tour" quests, or how goblins scurry through cracks in the wall to start combat, or absolutely huge things like Ramuh (good lord) I was really impressed.

Forced stealth sections are almost never good, and the one with the Behemoth was no exception. Also I felt the game wasn't clear with when you should fight and when you should run in that encounter ("His eye doesn't work, use that to your advantage! But probably run away for now!") but it was a minor gripe.

Went from "well obviously I'll buy it as a long time fan of the series, even if the demo was early and not super" to "can't wait to play and see more" so I'd say that's a job well done by those that revamped the demo.

sn00zer

So I finally got my hands on this demo in thanks to a wonderful person on twitter. (thanks @khaled)

1) The monster design is fan-fucking-tastic, will buy the game on that alone

2) The unique locations like the chocobo farm are fan-fucking-tastic and I will buy it on that alone

3) The dodging mechanic with some serious improvements and tweaking looks like it will be fan-fucking-tastic.

4) The actual attacking is not great, very sloppy, and needs some serious revisions. Really desperately needs some sort of cancelling or something because as is feels a bit like a wind up toy you just sorta let go. I was far more concentrated on dodging than actually attacking, because it didnt really matter what you were attacking with when you could dodge, only if you were attacking and who you were attacking.

5) Game has pretty good difficulty, kinda fun juggling different mob types.

6) Going to use the Gametrailers " Its got a good vibe"....it has a very very good vibe and really excited to explore the rest of it.

7) Really love LOVE LOOOOOVE the fantasy mixed with reality. Really feel like this will be my favorite FF world because it constantly bats you playfully back and forth between the familiar and unfamiliar. A great balance between the realistic open worlds of GTA/Sleeping Dogs etc. and the purely fantastical worlds like Xenoblade. It makes the fantasy just feel more fantastic.

TLDR: The demo is not great, but the ideas on display are so got damn wonderful that this really could turn into one of the best games of all time.

EDIT: UI is wonderful and minimal

KupoNut

So I finally got my hands on this demo in thanks to a wonderful person on twitter. (thanks @khaled)

1) The monster design is fan-fucking-tastic, will buy the game on that alone

2) The unique locations like the chocobo farm are fan-fucking-tastic and I will buy it on that alone

3) The dodging mechanic with some serious improvements and tweaking looks like it will be fan-fucking-tastic.

4) The actual attacking is not great, very sloppy, and needs some serious revisions. Really desperately needs some sort of cancelling or something because as is feels a bit like a wind up toy you just sorta let go. I was far more concentrated on dodging than actually attacking, because it didnt really matter what you were attacking with when you could dodge, only if you were attacking and who you were attacking.

5) Game has pretty good difficulty, kinda fun juggling different mob types.

6) Going to use the Gametrailers " Its got a good vibe"....it has a very very good vibe and really excited to explore the rest of it.

7) Really love LOVE LOOOOOVE the fantasy mixed with reality. Really feel like this will be my favorite FF world because it constantly bats you playfully back and forth between the familiar and unfamiliar. A great balance between the realistic open worlds of GTA/Sleeping Dogs etc. and the purely fantastical worlds like Xenoblade. It makes the fantasy just feel more fantastic.

TLDR: The demo is not great, but the ideas on display are so got damn wonderful that this really could turn into one of the best games of all time.

EDIT: UI is wonderful and minimal

Yeah, the demo feels like it's on the right track to be something great, but there are still some issues that needs to be fixed. I get the feeling from the latest battle gameplay a lot of the combat complaints have been fixed, so I'm really positive now. I just hope they get everything running at a decent framerate because otherwise all their work will go to waste.

Top Bottom