• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae |OT| Brought to you by Coleman™

Dark_castle

So what does L2 and R2 do? It would be hard to believe they'd go unused in the final game even if they're useless in the demo being that this game is so action oriented.

Amazing OT, Kagari!

Well, one of them is bound to be used for casting Magic, and the other one is a wildcard. We seem to be able to summon in the demo, but we don't know what button is used for summon, so it could also be one of the two shoulder buttons.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
This is a wonderful OT. Status ailments eh? It's been too long.

My Amazon order says it has not shipped yet. That might change in the next few days.

raven777

Well, one of them is bound to be used for casting Magic, and the other one is a wildcard. We seem to be able to summon in the demo, but we don't know what button is used for summon, so it could also be one of the two shoulder buttons.

I know what button it use.....
and it's not L2 or R2

PSN might go down on Tuesday due to all the traffic.

Hopefully by the time I download it the majority of the traffic will have gone through already.

I plan to play it a couple of times at least just to check everything out.

And I suppose there's Type-0 as well afterwards.

Mortemis

Banned
Damn, it's almost time. I wonder how long I'm gonna be stuck listening to the title screen music. I promise I won't cry.
;_;

...But how would you read this question?

bYUXYJ9.gif

stryke

I played a bit of type 0 on vita and didn't really get into it. I'm tempted to exploit EBgames 7 day returns policy for the first time.

Falk

that puzzling face
Did you also work on Type-0? =O

I can't do the OT on that one either for a different reason :|

Type-0 is in this really bizarre half-and-half situation for me. I've actually been on a media blackout (have JP PSP UMD, stopped 2 hours in because of the HD announcement)

On one hand, I kinda have to know at least the gist of the soundtrack, who's who, etc. On the other, having a Final Fantasy that isn't completely spoiled storywise beforehand is a rare luxury for me nowadays (lol) so I want to savor the game as best I can.

(For example, haven't watched any of the spoiler trailers)

I can't do the OT on that one either for a different reason :|

Type-0 is in this really bizarre half-and-half situation for me. I've actually been on a media blackout (have JP PSP UMD, stopped 2 hours in because of the HD announcement)

On one hand, I kinda have to know at least the gist of the soundtrack, who's who, etc. On the other, having a Final Fantasy that isn't completely spoiled storywise beforehand is a rare luxury for me nowadays (lol) so I want to savor the game as best I can.

(For example, haven't watched any of the spoiler trailers)

Oh, okay.

And yeah, I see what you mean, whoever would make the OT for Type-0 HD would inevitably get spoiled on most things of the game (and SE only made it worse).

Too bad you didn't compose anything for Type-0 HD though
=P

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I remember XIII having such an obscure demo. Meaning you had to own the Japanese version of Advent Children on Blu-Ray. XII was with Dragon Quest VIII, so the amount of support it gets now is probably best kept how it is. If you think about how much larger this demo is in comparison. It's also a hard task because of the hiatus Versus XIII has had. It's now confirmed and here's the demo. Now that's an ordeal.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Would've volunteered. But... yeah... I'm not allowed to. :/

But anyways, great OT. Was really hoping for the "Duscae till Dawn" or "FF as FF should be" for the title.

Saving that for the OT when we'll be graced by the Grand Master of Official Threads himself.

With all the research I did for this thing, I should probably know this, but has anyone heard an inkling of the precise unlock time? I might try to go get my package early from UPS tomorrow.

Would've volunteered. But... yeah... I'm not allowed to. :/

But anyways, great OT. Was really hoping for the "Duscae till Dawn" or "FF as FF should be" for the title.
I'm curious. What do you need to be allowed to make an OT on GAF? It seems I was under the wrong impression that any full member could claim one.

HeelPower

I remember XIII having such an obscure demo. Meaning you had to own the Japanese version of Advent Children on Blu-Ray. XII was with Dragon Quest VIII, so the amount of support it gets now is probably best kept how it is. If you think about how much larger this demo is in comparison. It's also a hard task because of the hiatus Versus XIII has had. It's now confirmed and here's the demo. Now that's an ordeal.

They've done such a good job of letting people know that a demo is releasing.

But then again it could be a result of the highly connected social media era we live in.

Developers are so much closer to gamers than they were 6 years ago.The XIII demo was virtually inacessible to a large chunk of the audience by comparison.

XIII-2 and LR had 100% hassle free demos on PSN,however,which was also great.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I am really surprised you didn't get to play it yet.

So you're just like the rest of us when it comes to the demo ,but you did get a press copy for Type-0 right ?

Yes, I beat Type-0 HD already. The demo codes, however, are not active yet. Which is pretty annoying as we were also given an embargo time for the demo lol.

HeelPower

Yes, I beat Type-0 HD already. The demo codes, however, are not active yet. Which is pretty annoying as we were also given an embargo time for the demo lol.

Not the best thread to ask ,but ,briefly as possible, how do you feel about Type-0 HD ? A good effort from SE ?

Haven't been following this much but I'm really excited to play it.

The demo isn't time sensitive at all is it? I know a while back there was some consideration as to only making the demo available to play for a limited period of time. Did they shy away from that?

Top Bottom