• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae |OT| Brought to you by Coleman™

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
They've done such a good job of letting people know that a demo is releasing.

But then again it could be a result of the highly connected social media era we live in.

Developers are so much closer to gamers than they were 6 years ago.The XIII demo was virtually inacessible to a large chunk of the audience by comparison.

XIII-2 and LR had 100% hassle free demos on PSN,however,which was also great.

You also have worldwide release dates to consider. For the most part, Japan will get XV before we will like they did with XII and XIII. You're right in how our communication pathways have increased. What's shocking me the most is the dual audio. That's a lot to ask for in a demo.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, what's Final Fantasy? I got in because of Coleman™. Is it a camping game? Because I sure love my Coleman™ products when I camp with my buddies on our roadtrips.

Chaeotic

Neo Member
I played a bit of type 0 on vita and didn't really get into it. I'm tempted to exploit EBgames 7 day returns policy for the first time.

My local EB are well aware of my plan. Walk into shop, purchase game, open game, remove code, close game back up, hand back to customer service for money back.

The beauty is, the code is not one required for online access or what have you, and therefor can not be refused. If the code was a one time code needed to play online, its fair game to refuse on their behalf. As the code has stated to be first run only...

Go for gold, and do not feel bad what so ever for doing. They'll sell it as brand new anyway.

HeelPower

You also have worldwide release dates to consider. For the most part, Japan will get XV before we will like they did with XII and XIII. You're right in how our communication pathways have increased. What's shocking me the most is the dual audio. That's a lot to ask for in a demo.

Absolutely yes.

They're definitely going the extra mile for this one.

Honestly,I think of it more like MGS Ground Zeroes than a simple demo.Its somewhat of a mini FFXV release of its own really.It just happens to be bundled only with Type-0.

Haven't been following this much but I'm really excited to play it.

The demo isn't time sensitive at all is it? I know a while back there was some consideration as to only making the demo available to play for a limited period of time. Did they shy away from that?
It's in the OT (kinda). If you get a code now, it's good until 2016. Otherwise, the demo is supposed to be restricted to Type-0's first run and digital copies can get a code for two months. In terms of the demo itself, you get to keep it forever it seems like, they've never again talked about having it abort itself at some later date.

Falk

that puzzling face
My local EB are well aware of my plan. Walk into shop, purchase game, open game, remove code, close game back up, hand back to customer service for money back.

The beauty is, the code is not one required for online access or what have you, and therefor can not be refused. If the code was a one time code needed to play online, its fair game to refuse on their behalf. As the code has stated to be first run only...

Go for gold, and do not feel bad what so ever for doing. They'll sell it as brand new anyway.

u shure are a samrt one ahyuck

game the system and doesnt afraid of anything

Saving that for the OT when we'll be graced by the Grand Master of Official Threads himself.

Ah... I gotcha.

I'm curious. What do you need to be allowed to make an OT on GAF? It seems I was under the wrong impression that any full member could claim one.

As Falk politely posted earlier in the thread:

E. Self-Promotion and Spam

Do not create new threads promoting a product or service you have any involvement in

Ceravic

You should most certainly feel bad. If they do sell it to someone else new you're not screwing over EB Games or Square Enix. You're screwing over some poor asshole who bought what he thought was a new copy of the game only to not get a code.

It's in the OT (kinda). If you get a code now, it's good until 2016. Otherwise, the demo is supposed to be restricted to Type-0's first run and digital copies can get a code for two months. In terms of the demo itself, you get to keep it forever it seems like, they've never again talked about having it abort itself at some later date.

Alright, good to hear. Thanks.

Falk

that puzzling face
You should most certainly feel bad. If they do sell it to someone else new you're not screwing over EB games or Square Enix, you're screwing over some poor asshole who bought what he thought was a new copy of the game only to not get a code.

Well, that's on EB Games for selling an opened product as new.

It's also on EB Games/Gamestop/whatever to be aware enough of the industry to realize why FFXV demo adds value to Type-0 (just like any other preorder bonus, but maybe with a little more weight) and to take the necessary pre-emptive action/exceptions/whatever. If they don't, that's their own failing as a brick and mortar retailer.

HeelPower

Not every new Physical copy for Type-0 will have access to the demo,anyway.Its only the first shipment.

After a week or so you probably won't be able to get the demo unless you're getting Type-0 digitally.

Falk

that puzzling face
Not every new Physical copy for Type-0 will have access to the demo,anyway.Its only the first shipment.

After a week or so you probably won't be able to get the demo unless you're getting Type-0 digitally.

That really could go either way. It depends how accurate Square Enix is in predicting Type-0 sales. If they overprint 'day one' copies, they'll be around for a while. If they underprint, it's gonna be pretty rare. I mean it's totally within the realm of possibility (though not probable) that Type-0 first prints could massively be overstocked, to the point they eventually go for $20 with a demo code. ( NOTE I AM NOT RECOMMENDING THIS, WAIT AT YOUR OWN PERIL)

any involvement eh. A bunch of us can't make the OT then. :/

all of our complaints changed things up in the game amirite

LOL

Ceravic

Well, that's on EB Games for selling an opened product as new.

It's also on EB Games/Gamestop/whatever to be aware enough of the industry to realize why FFXV demo adds value to Type-0 (just like any other preorder bonus, but maybe with a little more weight) and to take the necessary pre-emptive action/exceptions/whatever. If they don't, that's their own failing as a brick and mortar retailer.

Oh I completely agree with you on that. I was simply commenting on the fact that he was saying he shouldn't feel bad about it. It's a shitty, shady policy that they would sell an opened game as a new game. Unfortunately that does happen. I worked at GameStop as a teenager and you could even check out new games like a library. They'd just re-shrink wrap them.

But, that being said I still think the mindset of that dude was a shitty one.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
SE likes to overprint/overship a lot so I wouldn't be shocked if we see the first print copies floating around months later.

jaydogg691

Jumped into this OT and saw the video showing all the trailers for this game. I remember the hype when I saw a VS XIII trailer, especially the last trailer that had gameplay before the change to XV. I really cannot believe that it's been 9 years(damn, I was 16) since the announcement and now I'm getting the same hype all over.

Falk

that puzzling face
are you guys serious

just look at his avatar

he's the main character

god are you people blind

are you guys serious

just look at his avatar

he's the main character

god are you people blind
iDrwCxZWXOd66.gif

Wait, Kagari did you took my title suggestion?

:D :D :D :D

Anyway, can't believe this is actually happening, only 5 more days to go!
Uhhh 5 days? This comes out tmrw tho? Unless maybe that's the Euro Date in which case sowwy.

Is EB games different than Gamestop? Gamestops website says u can't return a NEW game if you opened the plastic wrap, only exchange within 30 days
EDIT: For clarification http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/StoreReturnPolicy0623.pdf

Falk

that puzzling face
Is EB games different than Gamestop? Gamestops website says u can't return a NEW game if you opened the plastic wrap, only exchange within 30 days

Funny how that's one way because they've sold me plenty of games NEW without the plastic wrap.

Ceravic

Funny how that's one way because they've sold me plenty of games NEW without the plastic wrap.

Yup, they always gut the display copy and take that plastic wrap right off. Plus, they put those stickers on it that are basically Hitler in sticker form that will ruin your case forever.

stryke

EDIT: For clarification http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/StoreReturnPolicy0623.pdf

Well, it's a policy with EB Games Australia.

18.1 Change of mind

If you have simply changed your mind and you are able to provide a valid receipt, or you are a member of our loyalty program EB World, EB Games may offer you an exchange or refund provided that the merchandise:

is in saleable condition
is unworn or unused with all original packaging and content included
is not subject to the exclusions listed below

and the exchange or refund is sought within 7 days of purchase. At times throughout the year, EB Games may extend the 7 day period to allow for gift giving periods such as Christmas.

If you are unable to provide a valid receipt and/or 7 days has passed since the original purchase date, EB Games at its absolute discretion reserves the right not to offer an exchange or refund for change of mind. In such cases, EB Games may, at its absolute discretion, provide you with an exchange to the current value of the merchandise.

EB Games is not required to provide you with a copy of your original receipt to facilitate an exchange, refund, insurance or warranty claim.

I'm not sure how strict my local store would be on the second criteria.

Falk

that puzzling face
In all seriousness it feels like was only last year that you were calling me out on being objective about my opinion on LR lol

edit: wait it was last year

Top Bottom